Fined for using 37 acre farm...

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Post Reply
User avatar
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Posts: 8365
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 260 times

Fined for using 37 acre farm...

#1

Post by B. W. » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:44 am

Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21034
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 1043 times

Re: Fined for using 37 acre farm...

#2

Post by RickD » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:12 am

B. W. wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:44 am
Here is one form the news...

Pennsylvania Couple Fined for Using Farm for Bible Study, Prayer Groups

Comments?
-
-
-
viewtopic.php?p=239456#p239456
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1971
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 115 times

Re: Fined for using 37 acre farm...

#3

Post by edwardmurphy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:51 am

So B.W., in another thread I stated, essentially, that you were bonkers and should be in an institution. Upon reflection the comment. I'd edit it, but I'm past the window.

That said, I do find threads like these alarming. B.W. and Stu, both of you have a history of instantly accepting stories that are utterly absurd, provided that they fit with your preconceived notions of how the world works. That's a concern, because people like you are exactly who propagandists (foreign and domestic) target when they want to influence an election or referendum. All they have to do is say something that will trigger your resentment of "the left" and no matter how blatantly ridiculous it is you'll swallow it whole, get mad, and tell everyone you can all about the latest outrage.

B.W., we did this last year, too. Remember the guy in Texas who got a permit to build a game room and instead built a church (with no off-street parking or fire suppression system and only one exit)? His church - which we all know is a church because he advertised it as a church - did pretty well, and soon the residential neighborhood where he illegally built it was beset with traffic and parking problems. The other residents complained, the city investigated, and the clown that caused all of the problems lied and claimed that he was being persecuted for holding Bible study classes in his house. Of course the right wing blogosphere went nuts, and of course you presented it as an outrageous example of anti-Christian persecution and brushed off all evidence to the contrary. As a matter of fact, I don't think you ever acknowledged that he was lying and you were wrong, so you might still see it that way.

Stu, you also post a lot of nonsense that is easily debunked with a 90 second search. I wish that you'd take the 90 seconds and do the search. In this instance, any claim of the US government trying to prevent people from reading the Bible in their own homes, or anywhere else, is completely absurd. That right is protected by the Constitution and ferociously defended a number of Christian rights groups and the ACLU, not to mention the entire (currently ruling) Republican Party. At the moment Christian conservatives are being courted, bribed, and pandered to, not persecuted.

Honestly, I have yet to see a shred of evidence that there's any persecution of Christians happening in the US, or that there ever has been. If anything conservative Christians have been the driving force behind the persecution of others. But I also think that Rick is right - if any anti-Christian persecution appears it's likely to be discounted because of the endless Chicken Little nonsense that you guys, and others like you, keep mindlessly disseminating. Either way, you really should stop with this silliness.

I'd tell you both to cut it out, but I know that you won't, so instead I'm going to ask you to please, pretty please, take a few seconds to verify the authenticity of the things you read before you get your knickers all twisted over it. It's to your benefit - you'd be much less easily manipulated if you tried to think critically about this stuff.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Fined for using 37 acre farm...

#4

Post by Stu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:14 am

Ed, you say a lot but it usually amounts to very little and usually very hollow.

You made no comment on the fact that the people on the farm are being fined for holding Bible study and prayer groups, and have been told to stop. Comment on the article or really stop posting long-winded ways of telling us to shut up.

By the way, they're going after the Christian baker again EVEN though he won his case in court!

COLORADO IS GOING AFTER JACK PHILLIPS OF MASTERPIECE CAKESHOP AGAIN
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21034
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 1043 times

Re: Fined for using 37 acre farm...

#5

Post by RickD » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:13 am

Stu wrote:
You made no comment on the fact that the people on the farm are being fined for holding Bible study and prayer groups, and have been told to stop. Comment on the article or really stop posting long-winded ways of telling us to shut up.
That's just false!

Being fined for bible study, is a false narrative that's being disseminated, despite no evidence.

Stu,

Read this letter, and then tell me that you still think they're being fined/persecuted for having a bible study.

Maybe you'll see something worse than that. Christians who are misrepresenting their neighbor, for their own gain.

It's disgusting.

What's ironic, is that you have multiple posts condemning fake news, yet you just take this fake news at face value. It took me less than 1/2 hour to research this, and come up with the other side of the story.

If anything, this goes to show us all, that we shouldn't just take a story as the truth, just because enough people keep repeating it. When something just doesn't seem right, use common sense. Do a little research.

This kind of chicken little, the govt is persecuting Christians, fake news, is disgusting. Playing the non-existent "Christian persecution" card, is no better than people perpetuating the non-existent "systemic racism" story. This crap leads to division.

Christians are supposed to be better than this. We are supposed to be a witness for Christ. We are not supposed to lie and claim persecution, for our own personal gain.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1971
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 115 times

Re: Fined for using 37 acre farm...

#6

Post by edwardmurphy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:37 pm

Stu wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:14 am
You made no comment on the fact that the people on the farm are being fined for holding Bible study and prayer groups, and have been told to stop.


No, they claimed that they were being fined for holding Bible study and prayer groups, but those claims were lies. Did I not say that somewhere? My bad.

Anyway, Rick linked a letter. You should read it.
Stu wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:14 am
Comment on the article or really stop posting long-winded ways of telling us to shut up.
I didn't tell you to shut up, I asked you to think.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

Post Reply