Tommy Robinson Arrested

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Tommy Robinson Arrested

Post by Kurieuo »

As for the Tommy Robinson case, here is what the judgement summary reported (https://www.judiciary.uk/judgments/r-v- ... -robinson/):
The court agrees that the judge should not have commenced the hearing of contempt
proceedings that day. Once the appellant had removed the video from Facebook, there
was no longer sufficient urgency to justify immediate proceedings [62]. In those
circumstances it would have been preferable to adjourn, as had happened in the
Canterbury proceedings. No particulars of the contempt were formulated or put to the
appellant. There was a muddle over the nature of the contempt being considered. In
both the short explanation given by the judge of the general nature of the alleged
contempt and the sentencing remarks, there was reference to matters that could not
been a breach of the section 4(2) order. [64]. The failure to follow Part 48 Crim PR
was more than technical [66]. There was no clarity about what the appellant was
admitting or on what basis he was being sentenced.
Finally, further difficulties arose
from the limited opportunity that counsel had to investigate mitigation [68]. There
was little else which counsel could have done within the constraints under which he
was working. The level of detail which could be provided to the court was very
limited and there was no opportunity to obtain character references [69]. A sense of
proportion must be retained. Where a custodial term of considerable length is being
imposed, it should not usually occur so quickly after the conduct which is complained
of [69]; a sentence of committal to immediate custody had been pronounced within
five hours of the conduct taking place [8].

The order at Leeds Crown Court was also erroneously drawn up to suggest the
appellant had been convicted of a criminal offence rather than having been committed
for contempt of court [70]. Errors like this have serious consequences upon the
classification of prisoners, resulting in the deprivation of privileges
[74] and release
on licence [75]. In this case, it also resulted in the erroneous imposition of a victim
surcharge [76].

The finding of contempt in Leeds is quashed [77]. All consequential orders fall away.
The court remits the matter of alleged contempt at Leeds Crown Court to be heard
again before a different judge [78]. The appellant is granted conditional bail pending
the rehearing [86].
In other words, despite what all the (leftist) media and judge pushed, Tommy Robinson did nothing wrong. This isn't said by your right-wingers, or Tommy Robinson supporters, but so says The Crown Court.

Nonetheless, he was arrested, thrown in prison, put in solitary confinement, and went through all that mentioned in the Fox interview... but I'm sure many don't give a damn because in their minds he deserved all he got anyway for his critical views of Islam. Right Melanie?

Let me ask, where is the value of tolerance and freedom of expression?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

So this is round about when Rick eats popcorn....

:popcorn:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:09 am So this is round about when Rick eats popcorn....

Not me. I don't eat popcorn anymore. Factory farming of popcorn can never be healthy because it goes against the very principals of kindness and compassion.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:37 am
Nessa wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:09 am So this is round about when Rick eats popcorn....

Not me. I don't eat popcorn anymore. Factory farming of popcorn can never be healthy because it goes against the very principals of kindness and compassion.
Pop corn in Florida has been genetically modified so Rick no longer likes popcorn, unless bacon flavored...

No back to topic...

In all seriousness, legally Tommy Robinson did nothing wrong, while Muslim rape gang members did. Muslims are favored over common sense and the protection of children and young women are moot.

When the rights of people are ripped from them like Tommy's was, for any reason, is a cause to take a deep breath and actually open the eyes to see what is really going on.

I also am hearing that white farmers in South Africa are being persecuted and their land taken away. Face Book and Apple, Google, Yahoo, all the social media are employing shadow banning now - how will it all end? Certainly not a just fair societal world utopia, just saying...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Tommy Robinson Removed from Instagram, Fears Facebook Next

Anti-grooming gang activist and independent journalist Tommy Robinson says he has been purged from Instagram, and fears parent company Facebook Inc. will erase his presence next.
Robinson, who was recently freed from prison after a conviction for contempt was quashed by the Lord Chief Justice, had already been booted from the Twitter micro-blogging platform earlier in the year for alleged ‘hateful conduct’ — in particular, he has claimed, for a tweet which stated the statistics on the ethnic breakdown of grooming gang rapists (mostly Muslims of South Asian extraction) and their victims (mostly white working-class girls).

Robinson’s removal from Instagram follows the near-simultaneous purge of InfoWars anchor Alex Jones from Apple, YouTube, Spotify, and Facebook — a move Robinson criticised.

More
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I recently watched and quite liked: Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: The Christian Testimony of Nabeel Qureshi

The response of Christians in the face of it all, Muslim hatred (or more correctly Islamic ideology) which is against the West, is one that ought to be different. Christ cuts through political and ideological divides. We should not have a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind. We might say one side is better than the other, but it seems to me the spirit of fear is running rife on both sides and such is antithetical to Christ.

For "as Jesus is, so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected." - 1 John 4:17-18

Whether we like it or not, Muslims are our brothers and sisters, albeit lost just like a large secular populace in our society. Our response to any hatred as Christians needs to be different and more seasoned with love and forgiveness. And, if we don't feel that way, we should sincerely pray to Christ for help to win such brothers and sisters over with love.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)