THERAPISTS SEEING PATIENTS WITH TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Hey what do you know TDS is real! :roll:

Therapists around Washington, D.C., are noticing a sharp increase in patients describing symptoms of what has been called Trump Derangement Syndrome.

“There is a fear of the world ending,” said DC Counseling and Psychotherapy Center founder, Elisabeth LaMotte, referring to some of President Donald Trump’s decisions. “It’s very disorienting and constantly unsettling.”

LaMotte described an uptick in her patients describing what the right refers to as Trump Derangement Syndrome, CBC reported Saturday. “Is he gonna blow us all up?” one of her patients asked.

Urban Dictionary defines Trump Derangement Syndrome as “a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their dislike of Donald Trump, to the point at which they will abandon all logic and reason.”

More
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: THERAPISTS SEEING PATIENTS WITH TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME

Post by edwardmurphy »

"What the right refers to as Trump Derangement Syndrome..."

So the headline is basically a lie. Therapists are seeing people who worry about where our country is headed, and "the right" is calling them deranged because of it. Super.

How compassionate of "the right" to describe the fear and uncertainty that more than half the nation and a good chunk of the world feels then Trump doubles down on an obvious lie, makes a ludicrous tweet, or pulls a play out of the Nazi game plan and describes the media as "the enemy of the people."

Yep, you'd have to be deranged to feel unsettled by any of that.

BTW, would you say there's a syndrome of some sort in play here?

Or here?

Or perhaps here?

Hmmm...
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Truth is, the type of mindset that drives the radical, foaming-at-the-mouth, hate-filled mentalities of those on the far left and far right aren't terribly different from each other! And, to me, they are equally scary! Even the not-so-radical on each persuasion often share the mentality that they absolutely despise the people they see as political opponents - and not just their ideas and favored policies. Which is why it's difficult for such people to have adult conversations without constantly demonizing each other. Nicky Haley, of whom I'm not a fanboy - but I'm very familiar with her because she was my governor for years and her family runs a business not too far from me - said something really insightful the other day. She was addressing a group of young Republicans and said, "If you think constantly trashing your political opponents, making fun and demonizing them is LEADERSHIP, you are sadly mistaken." She said showing your opponents respect and trying to reason with them, to make a strong case for your own reasoning and ideas - to use facts and reason to convince them to see merit in what you say, or to have them come closer where you can agree in helpful ways - THAT is what mature leadership is all about, she said. But our bozo leaders of all political stripes are so busy playing to the cameras and 24/7 media machine, asserting everyone on the other side are all idiots, etc., that it's created a terrible climate of distrust and hate. Real leaders don't do this.

One of the best things would be for all political offices to have reasonable term limits - specially in Congress. Sheesh, even the president is limited to two terms - why should people camp out for life in Washington? That's really hurt the U.S.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Just curious...
Are they also treating those with the Trump Sycophant Syndrome strain?
:P
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

DB: Just curious...Are they also treating those with the Trump Sycophant Syndrome strain? :P
Hannity says there is no illness to treat. :roll:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

There was once - Bush derangement syndrome - too...

Let's face it - people can become deranged...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys