Demon Magicians

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Demon Magicians

Post by Stu »

So I've been researching something recently, namely magicians who do seemingly unbelievable 'tricks' that go beyond the conventional card tricks and sleight of hand. They are called 'demon magicians'.

Would like to get the opinion of the people on this board and see what you think. Magicians are even in the Bible, remember when Moses' staff was turned into a snake, the Egyptian magicians also done the same.

The idea is that these magicians will put doubt in the minds of people that Jesus was just a magician seeing that these guys can do the same as Jesus (water into wine is one of them).

There is a series of 8 videos that delve into the topic and show some of the more amazing feats that the demon magicians perform. If you have the time, I recommend you watch them as they are really eye-opening.

Now there are all manner of tricks that they could use to fool the audience like video editing and paid actors, and while there are about 4 or so tricks that are in fact not true magic but illusions, there are some that seem impossible without the help of demons. I used to do a little magic and sleight of hand when I was younger.

Watch this first video first though (not actually part of the 8-part demon magician series), as it takes the video editing out the picture because it is on live television and before a live audience. Keep watching until the part where he does Japanese writing and the stick writes on its own unaided (about 4:40). A must watch.

If you want to see the difference between real magic and illusion then watch the last video which shows the secrets behind some street magic. It's not part of the demon magicians series, just something interesting to see the difference.

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Demon Magicians

Post by PaulSacramento »

I have yet to see a magic trick that can't be explained.
Real magic is of another realm BUT I have never seen any of it in any magic show.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

PaulSacramento wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:37 am I have yet to see a magic trick that can't be explained.
Real magic is of another realm BUT I have never seen any of it in any magic show.
Did you at least watch the first video?
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Yep and my issue with that is that is that anything done on TV can be manipulated and the crowd is almost always in on it ( the hosts are always in on it).
Can it be a case of demon magic? yes, sure BUT only if there is no OTHER way to explain it.
We know that demons want to lead people away from God, that is a given, and they will use anything from magic to alien abductions and whatever else ( supposedly) BUT that doesn't mean that is the case here.
Also, to believe in magic is to believe in the supernatural and that is to believe in, at least the possibility, of God.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

PaulSacramento wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:35 am Yep and my issue with that is that is that anything done on TV can be manipulated and the crowd is almost always in on it ( the hosts are always in on it).
Can it be a case of demon magic? yes, sure BUT only if there is no OTHER way to explain it.
We know that demons want to lead people away from God, that is a given, and they will use anything from magic to alien abductions and whatever else ( supposedly) BUT that doesn't mean that is the case here.
Also, to believe in magic is to believe in the supernatural and that is to believe in, at least the possibility, of God.
Come on, the WHOLE audience is never in on it, otherwise magicians wouldn't be able to make a living.

How did that magician turn water into ink? He didn't even put his hand in front of the glass, it just suddenly turned black.

But the most important thing to take away from this is that if you are ever sharing the word of God and teaching people about Jesus, and they say yes but Jesus was just a magician of His time, you can point them to these videos.

Some of the magicians even turn water into wine in front of the spectators, so they are quite convincing. There's also one Greek guy who levitates. If you've ever watched the magician Dynamo, you will see many 'tricks' that are seemingly impossible.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Having been a a show once that was being televised I can tell you that yes, in those cases, the audience is in on it.
We sign non-disclosures.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:11 am Having been a a show once that was being televised I can tell you that yes, in those cases, the audience is in on it.
We sign non-disclosures.
Really what kind of secrets did the magician teach you, or that were revealed?
Last edited by Stu on Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:11 am Having been a a show once that was being televised I can tell you that yes, in those cases, the audience is in on it.
We sign non-disclosures.
Looks like you just broke that non-disclosure agreement. :lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

I didn't say who or where...
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ever see a magician raise a dead man to life? Make a man born lame instantly able to run? Make a blind man see? Making the weather obey his commands? Instantly curing terrible illnesses?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:20 pm Ever see a magician raise a dead man to life? Make a man born lame instantly able to run? Make a blind man see? Making the weather obey his commands? Instantly curing terrible illnesses?
Oh one of little faith!

I guess you've never seen Benny Hinn in action!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:20 pm Ever see a magician raise a dead man to life? Make a man born lame instantly able to run? Make a blind man see? Making the weather obey his commands? Instantly curing terrible illnesses?
Absolutely. These videos are meant for those who are in doubt though. Who see magical things and think that Jesus was just a magician. There are even magicians that hold Jesus up as one of there heroes (that he was a mere illusionist) y#-o

As you say though Jesus performed far greater miracles so claiming he was just a magician is a stretch.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Benny Hinn is no doubt the master magician at making vast amounts of the gullibles' hard-earned cash disappear! Poof! Now you see it, now you don't!
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu: As you say though Jesus performed far greater miracles so claiming he was just a magician is a stretch.
I think that's why God has always provided extraordinary evidences along with Jesus, His prophets and apostles that were making extraordinary claims on HIS behalf - showing abilities that had to be of God, and thus revealing the claims to be of Him as well.