How can we tell if there is a ghost or if it's a trick (like a bad angel or imagination)?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

How can we tell if there is a ghost or if it's a trick (like a bad angel or imagination)?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Saul had the Witch of Endor consult Samuel from the realm of the dead, and she was actually frightened and Samuel said stuff like he would in life. Plus he said he was disturbed.
So this is an exception to the rule, how can we tell if there are more exceptions to the rule that the dead can't come back?
TruthSeeker035
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: How can we tell if there is a ghost or if it's a trick (like a bad angel or imagination)?

Post by TruthSeeker035 »

I have often wondered myself on this subject based on experiences growing up as a kid. I seen enough to freak me out.
claysmithr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: How can we tell if there is a ghost or if it's a trick (like a bad angel or imagination)?

Post by claysmithr »

Since God explicitly forbids it, it should be safe to assume that ANY contact with the dead is a deception.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

If the angel says he's got a great deal on a timeshare or some good land in south Florida for you, well... :lol:
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

It depends but I can tell you one thing =- It's not your imagination when it's real and makes physical contact with you. I consider myself "fortunate" as one of the few rare people on this planet that has experienced this.

I have thought this through my head hundreds of times. When it['s a full body apparition + physical contact - it doesn't make sense to me it would be a ghost. A mere ghost would not have supernatural power to manipulate physical reality - which is supposed to be impossible.

Creating smells out of thin air - like methane and other foul things - or even freshly baked cookies - requires the ability to manipulate materials at the molecular level and reassemble those materials into new materials somehow OR reach into your mind and somehow activate these things to make them "real". These powers are beyond the ability of a simple ghost or human spirit.

Creating sounds and voices - again this requires power to manipulate the physical world to produce sound waves our ears can hear.

This also means "they" are on this earth now, watching, going to and fro among humanity "cloaked" somehow - like ships in Star Trek - until they choose to reveal themselves. Perhaps God put them down here as punishment somehow. I don't know what they are and can only speculate.

The fact they have appeared to people as human and non-human - also suggests they have the power to project a 3D image. Some kind of light projecting an optical illusion into reality like a Star Trek hologram - but with physical substance and form so it's "real".

I say this because I heard (sound waves) smelled (a stench most foul) saw (it appeared as a WWII blonde soldier) and felt (It grabbed my shoulder preventing forward movement and holding me in place AND creating the illusion it was not a grip but something sticking out from the wall I could not get past even when I naturally tried to turn my body to get around it).

So it had to possess some kind of supernatural power to do these things. Like a "god" might have. Manipulating reality to produce reality.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Blessed, what events or circumstances led up to this experience?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

claysmithr wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:55 pm Since God explicitly forbids it, it should be safe to assume that ANY contact with the dead is a deception.
I suppose but then what about the exception we find with Samuel?
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:45 am Blessed, what events or circumstances led up to this experience?
What do you mean?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

What were you doing when this happened? Can you think of anything that may have brought this on?
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:55 pm What were you doing when this happened? Can you think of anything that may have brought this on?
I was with my parents on the Queen Mary in a cabin (hotel room) on M-Deck named the the Family King Suite with Twin Bed. I was in good spirits. It was around 6pm. We were leaving for dinner at Sir Winston's. My parents were in the bedroom waiting for me. I was in the twin bed room. We were separated by a short hall. My Mom was saying come on it's time to go. I looked into the mirror and fixed my hair and thought "I look good for once". I was happy I was having dinner with my parents at my favorite restaurant. I went to flick the light off and the though occurred to me for a split second it would be pitch black (this cabin is strange because the twin bed room is pitch black but the main room has light from the porthole) and I would eventually have to sleep there or if there was a ghost or something. It was just a split millisecond thought. I flicked the light off, turned face forward, starting walking towards by parents (who were in the light waiting for me by the door) started to walk into the light - and then it happened. It grabbed me. It's grip imitated the corner of the wall or something sticking out from the wall I could not see making me think I was being held up by something I ran into but when I turned my body to go around whatever it was that's when I realized I was being vice gripped. I looked over my right shoulder and there it was. When it saw I saw it; it retracted its arm. Pulled it back. It was a human male in his 20's who was in the military and now a ghost. It had a black t shirt on. A blond crew cut. Like ice man on top gun except blonder and shorter. It was tall. 6'2 or 6'4. It was young but looked old at the same time. I know that makes no sense. It had a greyish arm with a blueish tint. Hard to describe the color. Pale greyish blue. It's arm must have been extremely long. It was standing sort of behind the dresser in front of the bathroom door. The arm itself would have to have been 6-8 feet long or more based on where it was standing for it to reach out then retract.

I had not had any alcohol or drugs. I was in good spirits. Happy. Excited. I believe it also sensed the love my parents have for each other and me. It must have followed us from Reception to the room. I got the distinct sense it did this to me for it's own amusement as a "prank" - and was expecting a strong reaction. When it did not get a reaction ( have the uncanny ability to remain erie calm in emergency/dangerous situations only freaking out later) I got the feeling I'd "bluffed it" just for a split second, as if it suddenly realized I already "knew" it was there beforehand when I did not. It was a millisecond thought that entered my head. I cannot explain it. Basically I was not startled or freaked out (at the moment) because believe in God and I know life after death is real. Perhaps more real than this life. So I did not freak out because this faith automatically kept me rock solid. It was expecting something like "aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!" which would be normal on a haunted ship.

It also opened the door for my Dad. When he got up and used the bathroom at night he said the door popped and opened up. So this thing basically opened the door for him which I'm assuming is a sign of respect? I think it sensed the love he has for my Mom or something. I'm just guessing but there was some kind of reason. The door was warped because it was so old so it stuck extremely hard. I made a point to close it before going to sleep. It would have taken force to open it. When my Dad walked into the room I woke up. I watched him just walk and kind of reach up then the door pop open in front of him.

During the night I observed a transparent protective "dome" of some sort over my parents and also over me. But my dome was not as strong. It's possible it was an angel of God putting this dome over my parents. I got a dome too but only in a third wheel kind of way. Like a table scrap or something. It was a dome of protection only by virtue of my parents being a hedge. I know this sounds nuts but all this was put into my mind.

In spite of all this - I got an amazing nights sleep. One of the best ever. My parents woke up recharged and refreshed and remarked that was the best nights sleep they ever got. At the same time - there was a loud party going on at the banquet room down the hall until at least 2am.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Here is the ship https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d44GVKQhqOE this guy is an idiot he tells lies and over exagerrates about deaths that occured - but you can see what it looks like from the safety of your computer. It's very old and authentic ship. It feels like a time capsule. It feels like you're stepping into the past. It feels like the Titanic. It was used in WWII and carried so many famous people you would not believe. Hitler put out a hit on it offering any captains or aces who could sink it allot of money. They have Winston Churchill's original room and desk he used.

And Iv'e seen people stop and wait and hesitate and take deep breaths and say things like "ok here it goes" before walking into the ship. It's a feeling you get from it when you pass the bulkheads and walk into the ship. Some people are spooked and want to leave. Others like it. I don't know why but i liked it there allot.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

When this occurred, how old were you?
claysmithr
Valued Member

Post by claysmithr »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:03 am
claysmithr wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:55 pm Since God explicitly forbids it, it should be safe to assume that ANY contact with the dead is a deception.
I suppose but then what about the exception we find with Samuel?
I think it was a one-time exception kind of thing.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Blessed, I don't know what to think about this. But if you didn't imagine it - and I have no reason to believe that - then it was demonic. It sounds like the entity was trying to intimidate and scare you. But there are NO ghosts. There is mortal life, departed saints (no longer walking the earth), apparently good / non-fallen angels, and there are demons here. Of course the demonic would love for us to believe in ghosts - thus all the stories of ghosts appearing wearing clothes from another era, etc.

My only other thought would be whether someone on the ship or close to you might have been involved in any occult practices - which is a known gateway to such experiences - common as well to supposed "alien" encounters. Whatever this was, it wasn't good and it wasn't what it was seeking to appear as. I've heard many such stories. There is no truth to be learned from it, other than there is a spiritual reality around us that we are mostly unaware of. And I still am suspicious of most such stories - with some real and many fabricated (not saying you did this). My brother has worked with the state in mental health for over 30 years. He has told me that a Christian security guy he knows well - and trusts - has said that there have been many strange things long heard and seen (for many years) in a particular old area of a long-abandoned 19th century mental ward - always at night. Had a friend who said a long-time deacon in his church was working after hours and clearly saw what appeared to be a deceased member of his church in the choir loft - a real non-nonsense, serious guy - shook him up badly! Bottom line, the demonic wants us to believe in some in-between world of spirits that are departed mortals. Which is why some foolishly try to communicate with these demonic entities. But they have no power over Christians.