BOMBSHELL: Most Species the “Same Age” with No “In-Between” Species

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

BOMBSHELL: Most Species the “Same Age” with No “In-Between” Species

Post by Stu »

What does this mean for current evolutionary theory?

An article on the study including some interesting links: Most Species the “Same Age” with No “In-Between” Species

The study itself: Why should mitochondria define species?
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: BOMBSHELL: Most Species the “Same Age” with No “In-Between” Species

Post by Stu »

Has no one got any comment on this?
Surely it has huge implications for evolutionary theory if all current species are only 100,000 - 200,000 years old.

Even the studies participants fought against the results initially, but they had to relent when that is what the data showed.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:09 am Has no one got any comment on this?
Surely it has huge implications for evolutionary theory if all current species are only 100,000 - 200,000 years old.

Even the studies participants fought against the results initially, but they had to relent when that is what the data showed.
If true, then it seems you've been hoist by your own petard. y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:26 am

How so?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:46 am

How so?
If all species are 100,000-200,000 years old, then that puts a nail in the young earth coffin.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:09 am

How so?
If all species are 100,000-200,000 years old, then that puts a nail in the young earth coffin.
I'm not young earth, I'm still undecided.
But if you combine that study with this one below then you get young earth.

A Young-Earth Creation Human Mitochondrial DNA “Clock”: Whole Mitochondrial Genome Mutation Rate Confirms D-Loop Results
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:21 am

How so?

A Young-Earth Creation Human Mitochondrial DNA “Clock”: Whole Mitochondrial Genome Mutation Rate Confirms D-Loop Results
Undecided? So that means you're still weighing the evidence, right? What would happen if while weighing the evidence, you find that it points to evolution?
Would you go where the evidence points?

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:32 am
Stu wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:21 am

How so?

Undecided? So that means you're still weighing the evidence, right? What would happen if while weighing the evidence, you find that it points to evolution?
Would you go where the evidence points?
No, on macro-evolution I'm pretty well decided. It's a load of crap :D
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Stu wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:27 am What does this mean for current evolutionary theory?

An article on the study including some interesting links: Most Species the “Same Age” with No “In-Between” Species

What about the fossils of past life? Even early humans/hominids? Genetic back tracing by scientists round the world show that what's sometimes called H. sapiens is older than 200kya.

Then you have stuff like zicrons which show the age of the earth. Flood geology doesn't seem to hold up under a lot of thinking and evidence.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

How can all the beasts of the world coexist with each other in a sinful world with wimpy short humans to rule over them? The titanosaurs were some of the LARGEST animals to exist, not to mention some Tyrannosaurids. Especially as numerous amounts of fossils as we have found of pelycosaurs, dinosaurs, pterosaurs, terror birds, etc etc.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Sifting through all of this is immensely impacted by just what COLLECTIVE evidences are sifted. It also has a lot to do with how one views Scripture and interprets it. There is no one chain of evidences a Christian should be open to examining. A whole lot of people don't believe Scripture because of what they think they definitively know from science. And there are some who think they understand the Bible so clearly that they believe the scientific evidences for an ancient earth must be wrong. But if they misinterpret either stream of the evidences available, or misinterpret a bit of both, they're gonna get it wrong. There's just a whole lot to consider. But if one has determined that God is unnecessary to explain what exists, to me, they wandered beyond science into wild theories and speculations - and into Byblos "unsupported bookshelf" assertion.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Philip wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:04 am Sifting through all of this is immensely impacted by just what COLLECTIVE evidences are sifted. It also has a lot to do with how one views Scripture and interprets it. There is no one chain of evidences a Christian should be open to examining. A whole lot of people don't believe Scripture because of what they think they definitively know from science. And there are some who think they understand the Bible so clearly that they believe the scientific evidences for an ancient earth must be wrong. But if they misinterpret either stream of the evidences available, or misinterpret a bit of both, they're gonna get it wrong. There's just a whole lot to consider. But if one has determined that God is unnecessary to explain what exists, to me, they wandered beyond science into wild theories and speculations - and into Byblos "unsupported bookshelf" assertion.
I stole that right out of Feser's book. I wish I were that smart. :mrgreen:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Byblos wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:47 am
Philip wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:04 am Sifting through all of this is immensely impacted by just what COLLECTIVE evidences are sifted. It also has a lot to do with how one views Scripture and interprets it. There is no one chain of evidences a Christian should be open to examining. A whole lot of people don't believe Scripture because of what they think they definitively know from science. And there are some who think they understand the Bible so clearly that they believe the scientific evidences for an ancient earth must be wrong. But if they misinterpret either stream of the evidences available, or misinterpret a bit of both, they're gonna get it wrong. There's just a whole lot to consider. But if one has determined that God is unnecessary to explain what exists, to me, they wandered beyond science into wild theories and speculations - and into Byblos "unsupported bookshelf" assertion.
I stole that right out of Feser's book. I wish I were that smart. :mrgreen:
But it's a great and very powerful, image-inducing statement, nonetheless! (Yes, I know great minds think alike :D )
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

So just how could T. rex and Giganotosaurs and Brachiosaur coexist with human beings? It would be different if they were rare, but fossils show they were rather common.
Heck even the earlier races of mankind like Neanderthal, Herto, and Cro-Magnon man which were very strong would've have a hard time.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:15 pm
Stu wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:27 am What does this mean for current evolutionary theory?

What about the fossils of past life? Even early humans/hominids? Genetic back tracing by scientists round the world show that what's sometimes called H. sapiens is older than 200kya.

Then you have stuff like zicrons which show the age of the earth. Flood geology doesn't seem to hold up under a lot of thinking and evidence.

You brought up zircon crystals which seem to be changing the view that the earth in its beginning was a molten lave hell like has been believed but instead had water on it as far back to the beginning as Geologists can go.This is important to Gap Theorists because we believe that the former world was beautiful and inhabited by life from the beginning like the bible actually reveals to us but became without form and void as we see in Genesis 1:2 after billions of years and the former world perished.Isaiah 45:18,Job 38:4-7.We have never believed God created the earth in a without form and void state as we see in Genesis 1:2 and then decorated it in order to create it,as God would not do that,he speaks and it happens and it is beautifal and good the way he wants it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.