God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
warren631
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes

God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

Post by warren631 »

I am still seeking answers from Christians about why many professed Christians sin against God's Commandments:

IMHO: I consider the ten commandments God's law and are therefore very important and to ignore His Laws is a grave sin against our Lord God.

1. The first and most important commandment clearly states "Thou shalt have no other gods before me". Yet Christians mix up and put Jesus Christ (God's son) before God the father. I think this is a deceit from the devil to confuse people into disobeying Gods first commandment. Christians worship 'the Lord' meaning Jesus the Son, not God the Father. I do believe Jesus, the Son of God, died and was raised by God the Father so I consider myself a Christian with some Jewish old testament beliefs (Jesus did not come to change the Law of God). Jesus is our conduit to God. We must go through Jesus to communicate with God. We should not worship Lord Jesus and use His name instead of God's name.

Catholics even worship Mary as mother of God putting Mary before God. I don't think God needed a mother.

The way most "Christians" get around this grave sin against God's first law is to accept the devils confusion and say Jesus and God are the same so it doesn't matter which one we worship. Jesus is 'one with God' only means Jesus is in full agreement with God and God's Law.

2. Gods second commandment clearly states "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images" is also confused by the devil and so ignored by most Christians. Every Christian church has a statue of Jesus on the cross or Mary holding baby Jesus. What excuse do they have for this sin against Gods commandment? An idol can be inhabited by evil spirits.

3. God commanded "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy". 'Sabbath' is another 'name' that has been confused by man under the influence of the devil. The sabbath was, and still is, Saturday. Sunday was for worshiping the Roman Sun god.

Please reply only to these questions in this thread. Thanks.
warren631
Familiar Member

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

Post by warren631 »

Any good reasons why Christians ignore God's clear Commandments? Do Christians think God's Law is not that relative or important today? The Christian (new) Law does not abolish or devalue God's (old) Law. The seventh day (the Sabbath) is still Saturday on most calendars. Only men changed it for their convenience.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

warren631,

Do you believe Jesus Christ is God?

And no, I'm not asking if you if you believe Jesus Christ is the Father.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:29 pm warren631,

RickD,

Do you believe Jesus is the God of Genesis, the Creator, YHWH, the owner of the finger that wrote on tablets of stone...?

And no, I'm no asking if you if you believe Jesus Christ is the Father.

For Ref: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=41367&p=236878#p236831
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

BavarianWheels wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:39 am

RickD,

Do you believe Jesus is the God of Genesis, the Creator, YHWH, the owner of the finger that wrote on tablets of stone...?

Me thinks Bavarian avoided Rick's direct question.
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Philip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:50 am

RickD,

Me thinks Bavarian avoided Rick's direct question.
It wasn't directed at me, so it's impossible that I avoided anything in that question.
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Philip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:37 am Bav: It wasn't directed at me, so it's impossible that I avoided anything in that question.

I do apologize, it wasn't aimed at you.
No worries. I know what point RickD is wanting to make, but when RickD makes his point, I will have a follow up question based on his answer to the same question he is gonna use against Warren's thinking or better, Warren's words in the OP.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

RickD,

And as I've said multiple times, and am getting tired of repeating, whether God wrote the 10 commandments with His literal or figurative finger, is irrelevant to your argument, because the 10 commandments were not given to gentile believers.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:50 am

RickD,

And as I've said multiple times, and am getting tired of repeating, whether God wrote the 10 commandments with His literal or figurative finger, is irrelevant to your argument, because the 10 commandments were not given to gentile believers.
You're right...these were given to God's people.

So you don't believe as the bible says, "There is no Jew or Gentile..." ( Galatians 3:28 Colossians 3:11 Romans 1:16 Romans 2:9 Romans 3:9 etc. ) You believe there's a gospel for Jews and a different gospel for Gentiles...prove it!

You have all kinds of time to make accusations/assertions, yet conveniently no time to back up your words.

You'd also have to prove that there were no Gentiles among those that left in the Exodus...please, continue.

More texts to back up the position I'm promoting: Romans 4:11,12 1 Corinthians 12:13 Acts 20:21
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Bav: "You have all kinds of time to make accusations/assertions, yet conveniently no time to back up your words."
Bav, you need to cool it! Rick has defended his position. It's just that you both have different opinions on this issue. And a whole lot of Scripturally knowledgeable Christians would side nearer Rick than to you on this topic. No reason to argue to infinity, and there's certainly no reason to get all huffy about it. And I'll say this to everyone here, we need to practice more grace around here - which does NOT mean we can't disagree about topics of contention. But it does mean we shouldn't get mean-spirited and hostile with each other.
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Philip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:20 pm
Bav: "You have all kinds of time to make accusations/assertions, yet conveniently no time to back up your words."
Bav, you need to cool it! Rick has defended his position. It's just that you both have different opinions on this issue. And a whole lot of Scripturally knowledgeable Christians would side nearer Rick than to you on this topic. No reason to argue to infinity, and there's certainly no reason to get all huffy about it. And I'll say this to everyone here, we need to practice more grace around here - which does NOT mean we can't disagree about topics of contention. But it does mean we shouldn't get mean-spirited and hostile with each other.
I didn't realize that truth was known by popular vote.
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Philip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:20 pm
The difference here is that I am providing scripture to back my position...and plenty of it. I'm taking time to reply to questions, accusations and points. I'm not getting "all huffy about it." I'm not simply throwing out assertions and one-liners.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Bav, all I'm saying is let's please all dial it back a bit - no need to attack the person.
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Philip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:12 pm Bav, all I'm saying is let's please all dial it back a bit - no need to attack the person.
Is it really attacking a person when a person ( and a moderator no less ) simply drops one-liners in "defense" of their group position? Let's assume that the majority of G&S members align themselves more with RickD's position and assertions...does the number of votes determine Truth? I don't think I'm asking anything different than a moderator would of a person that comes on the forum and simply drops one-liner accusations/assertions about Christians and then refuses to provide some evidence for those except to say "all atheists believe it so it is true". That's called trolling, isn't it?
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

If RickD truly does not have time to post evidence for what he believes, then he should probably refrain from commenting in the thread, but maybe follow along until such time that he is able to back up his words.

Is that being "huffy" in thinking that to be the best thing a moderator would/should do in such a circumstance? I mean, a regular member, we can expect that kind of thing more and "forgive" or ignore it...but from one that has been entrusted to moderate this forum? I'm not so sure. But please enlighten me on this.