Caught In Hail Storm

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Caught In Hail Storm

Post by neo-x »

I meant biologically. You insisted that all humanity was present in Adam. That is why I asked you about the Chinese but we can talk about red indians or aboriginals or arctic people as well.
The point being that all humanity could not come from a single couple. Therefore your argument that the sabbath applies to all humanity is false.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

neo-x wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:22 am I meant biologically. You insisted that all humanity was present in Adam. That is why I asked you about the Chinese but we can talk about red indians or aboriginals or arctic people as well.
The point being that all humanity could not come from a single couple. Therefore your argument that the sabbath applies to all humanity is false.
It's not false. If all must be grafted into the One Vine, then all are subject to the same God and therefore the same Law.

And are you saying that God cannot actualize all of humanity from one single human couple? Seems a bit illogical and a tall order to PROVE rather than have some skepticism about.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

BavarianWheels wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:31 am
neo-x wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:22 am I meant biologically. You insisted that all humanity was present in Adam. That is why I asked you about the Chinese but we can talk about red indians or aboriginals or arctic people as well.
It's not false. If all must be grafted into the One Vine, then all are subject to the same God and therefore the same Law.

And are you saying that God cannot actualize all of humanity from one single human couple? Seems a bit illogical and a tall order to PROVE rather than have some skepticism about.
Yes I am saying that God can't do that anymore than he can create a squared circle. The law didn't come for all. Christ did. Don't bundle the two. Law is the old husband who died. Christ is the new.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

neo-x wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:08 am
BavarianWheels wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:31 am

Yes I am saying that God can't do that anymore than he can create a squared circle. The law didn't come for all. Christ did. Don't bundle the two. Law is the old husband who died. Christ is the new.
Wow...if that isn't a racist comment...that Chinese are not human...that they are the squares being fit into a circle. Not to mention you're simply making an assertion sans proof.

The Law is not dead...not even according to Paul. See Romans 3:31 which directly contradicts your assertion!

"...do we then nullify the Law by this faith?" If it's not nullified, it's not dead.

What is dead is the CURSE the Law brings to those found guilty of breaking the law...sinners since the Adam ( Galatians 3:13 )...those UNDER the law. The Law is there for all since it makes all aware of sin! Romans 7:7 and Romans 3:20 not to mention Genesis 2:2,3 and Exodus 20:1-17
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote:
Wow...if that isn't a racist comment...that Chinese are not human...that they are the squares being fit into a circle. Not to mention you're simply making an assertion sans proof.
Good grief man! How in the hell did you get this, from anything Neo said?!?!?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:43 am
BavarianWheels wrote:
Hook, line and sinker...lol

Probably the same manner in which you think the bible says the Law is dead...which it clearly is not.

Thanks for making my point.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:45 am
BavarianWheels wrote:

Probably the same manner in which you think the bible says the Law is dead...which it clearly is not.

If you have time to call people racist, you have time to address my post. :wave:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:39 am
BavarianWheels wrote:

If you have time to call people racist, you have time to address my post. :wave:
...I'm sooo busy I just come on here and make posts that take no thought or study...

...and I didn't call anyone a racist, but said it is a racist comment to draw a point...and you grabbed it...hook, line and sinker.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:45 am
RickD wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:39 am
BavarianWheels wrote:

...I'm sooo busy I just come on here and make posts that take no thought or study...

...and I didn't call anyone a racist, but said it is a racist comment to draw a point...and you grabbed it...hook, line and sinker.
Calling his comment racist is such an ad hom. And to think you're a Prestigious Senior Member! :shakehead:

-Edward R Murrow

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:48 am Calling his comment racist is such an ad hom. And to think you're a Prestigious Senior Member! :shakehead:
Good...so you agree that name-calling is an ad hom...like when you called me a "Judaizer".

We are in the same boat then.

And I don't recall saying I'm a Prestigious Senior Member.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:04 am
RickD wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:48 am Calling his comment racist is such an ad hom. And to think you're a Prestigious Senior Member! :shakehead:
Good...so you agree that name-calling is an ad hom...like when you called me a "Judaizer".

We are in the same boat then.

And I don't recall saying I'm a Prestigious Senior Member.
Doesn't anyone understand irony anymore? y#-o

-Edward R Murrow

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:32 am Doesn't anyone understand irony anymore? y#-o
It is understood, but can't always be deciphered from one that spews constant sarcasm and thoughtless posts as you say you do.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:13 pm
RickD wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:32 am Doesn't anyone understand irony anymore? y#-o
It is understood, but can't always be deciphered from one that spews constant sarcasm and thoughtless posts as you say you do.
Again, that was irony!

Serious question: Do you have Asperger's?

-Edward R Murrow

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:15 pm
Again, that was irony!

Again...if you weren't so sarcastic, you probably wouldn't have to say so.

Serious answer: Don't know. Likely not.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:19 pm
RickD wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:15 pm
Again, that was irony!

Again...if you weren't so sarcastic, you probably wouldn't have to say so.

Serious answer: Don't know. Likely not.
Great. Now back to the topic. So, do you think Blessed seeing a portrait of Christ in the window, was just a coincidence, or was there a deeper meaning behind it? :eugeek:

-Edward R Murrow