I think I could have designed a better body than God did.

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
warren631
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes

I think I could have designed a better body than God did.

Post by warren631 »

The human lifetime is just a flash in the life of the universe so we don't really get a chance to become better like Jesus wants us to become. And we don't get another chance by reincarnation. People who are born into poverty and misery have less chance to attain Gods kingdom and they don't get another chance. The human body should be designed to last much longer to give everyone enough time to mature and decide whether to be good or bad. For example teeth and bones should be made from stainless steel or stone that don't break easily or rot. I hate going to the dentist. Our bodies seem to be just copies of monkeys. Surly God could come up with something better for us? Why did God need to build a universe for these human bodies to live in? Seems like a lot of work just so our feeble bodies can live for a short time. Why do we need bodies at all? Why can't we just be spirits that don't rot and die and not bother about creating a universe for our bodies. We could still have a free will to decide if we want to be good spirits or bad spirits. God could probably set a limited lifetime for these 'test spirits' same as our bodies - after 100 years we just go 'poof'.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: I think I could have designed a better body than God did.

Post by RickD »

warren631 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:08 pm The human lifetime is just a flash in the life of the universe so we don't really get a chance to become better like Jesus wants us to become. And we don't get another chance by reincarnation. People who are born into poverty and misery have less chance to attain Gods kingdom and they don't get another chance. The human body should be designed to last much longer to give everyone enough time to mature and decide whether to be good or bad. For example teeth and bones should be made from stainless steel or stone that don't break easily or rot. I hate going to the dentist. Our bodies seem to be just copies of monkeys. Surly God could come up with something better for us? Why did God need to build a universe for these human bodies to live in? Seems like a lot of work just so our feeble bodies can live for a short time. Why do we need bodies at all? Why can't we just be spirits that don't rot and die and not bother about creating a universe for our bodies. We could still have a free will to decide if we want to be good spirits or bad spirits. God could probably set a limited lifetime for these 'test spirits' same as our bodies - after 100 years we just go 'poof'.
Cool post bro. Welcome to the forum! :rockcool:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I think God could have designed better bodies. While God's at it, he could have created a better world that didn't deteriorate and was without sin. But then, to what end? For what purpose? What about creatures with free will? If truly free creatures are still created, then what of the evil from their decisions and actions in the world? What about when powerful and really oppressive people take control of others? Is there any better restraint for atrociously evil people in this world than death? Any escape other than death for the victim held in bondage by an evil saddist?

You've no doubt heard there is a time for everything. This world was obviously intended to be temporary. The question is why and to what end? And Christianity, Scripture and the like provide many thoughts to reflect upon and answers to such questions.

As for some comments you make, how do you know people born into poverty and misery have less chance to attain God's kingdom? Don't you understand Christ had a special heart for such? Didn't you understand where Christ said it is easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven? Yet, all things are possible with God.

Re: being saved, in Christianity it isn't about coming to a decision on whether we're going to be good or bad. It's about coming to an understanding that we're bad and deserving of an all-righteous God's condemndation. No amount of good, or deciding to be good, can undo the bad. The bad is a permanent stain. We all have these stains. So then, that point you'll also need to revise.

Otherwise, welcome to the board. Nice to see another person jump in.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

warren631 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:08 pm The human lifetime is just a flash in the life of the universe so we don't really get a chance to become better like Jesus wants us to become. And we don't get another chance by reincarnation. People who are born into poverty and misery have less chance to attain Gods kingdom and they don't get another chance. The human body should be designed to last much longer to give everyone enough time to mature and decide whether to be good or bad. For example teeth and bones should be made from stainless steel or stone that don't break easily or rot. I hate going to the dentist. Our bodies seem to be just copies of monkeys. Surly God could come up with something better for us? Why did God need to build a universe for these human bodies to live in? Seems like a lot of work just so our feeble bodies can live for a short time. Why do we need bodies at all? Why can't we just be spirits that don't rot and die and not bother about creating a universe for our bodies. We could still have a free will to decide if we want to be good spirits or bad spirits. God could probably set a limited lifetime for these 'test spirits' same as our bodies - after 100 years we just go 'poof'.
Um you do realise that Adam and Eve would've lived forever right?
Even after the fall humans used to live for about 900 years.

You need to read your Bible better.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Could have. Says you. But what you or I could've done is below the level of what God could've done - but didn't - for reasons known only to him.

God put us on this earth, and asks us to make a decision. To choose light or darkness. Then he gives us 80 or 90 years to think about it. If we can't come to a decision for Christ in 80-90 years will more people come to a decision for Christ in 900 years? There are infinite variables we cannot account for known only to God. Tell me: would someone like Hugh Hefner, who did not change his lifestyle of hedonism revelry carnal materialism and agnosticism well into old age; would Hugh change if he was 900 years old? No. Regardless, God does not give use that long anymore.

If we lived 900 years on this planet in the state we exist today - side by side with sin sharing the same atmosphere with demons of air and darkness being tempted constantly - how long would good Godly people hold out? Would you really want be down here being pressured and tempted to do wrong indefinitely until you cave and fall away from your core goodness? This is possible with enough pressure and time.

Infinity in a spiritual realm within the rays of Gods light is all I could hope for. I have no interest in living forever on this earth as a human with humanity in it's current state of iniquity. Only God can fix this according to his ways, known only to him with a new earth in Revelation 21:1

Your questions can be answered by knowing God did this for reasons known only to him. As humans all we can do is speculate and philosophize and theorize about the whys and what ifs which I admit, will tear you up if you let it. I sometimes get satisfaction in thinking that if if I go to hell and God at least's answers all my questions before giving me the boot at least I will have finally been quenched and gained something by God telling me the truth finally, about all things and all questions I had in this life. Not that I deserve such a thing. No. But it's just a nice little thought that makes me feel better whenever I think about maybe I won't go to heaven.

Lots of what ifs. I have wondered what you say about why can't we just be spirits etc as well.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

warren631 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:08 pmI think I could have designed a better body than God did.

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

K: how do you know people born into poverty and misery have less chance to attain God's kingdom
Good question. I'd say it's entirely probable that the MORE poverty and misery people experience, the MORE likely it is that they will cry out to God in the midst of their troubles. Rich persons are often shielded from difficulties by their great wealth. As their needs are supplied per constant great abundance and luxury. So, from a material standpoint, they often don't think they need God, as their lives so often seem just fine. Or they believe their favorable circumstances are all due to their superior abilities and supposed genius.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:29 am
K: how do you know people born into poverty and misery have less chance to attain God's kingdom
Good question. I'd say it's entirely probable that the MORE poverty and misery people experience, the MORE likely it is that they will cry out to God in the midst of their troubles. Rich persons are often shielded from difficulties by their great wealth. As their needs are supplied per constant great abundance and luxury. So, from a material standpoint, they often don't think they need God, as their lives so often seem just fine. Or they believe their favorable circumstances are all due to their superior abilities and supposed genius.
Agreed 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

For every 1 Truett Cathy there must be thousands who don't make it. People born into poverty Globally, such as Dravidian Hindus and other false religions who do not bind themselves to Jesus Christ/God. They have it absolutely terrible on this earth. Hell on earth separated from God .. and hell in the afterlife separated from God.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

Have you ever tasted stainless steel? Ya...not great.

Anyway, I like the way God made us. I'm especially fond of the manner in which we make babies and express intimacy...and how God made the female body...etc. I like a lot, if not all, the nuances of being human.

The only thing we can do "better" than God at building a human is not at building a human, but building a robot and even then I'm quite certain God can do it better.

If God is so bad at creating efficient humans, why is it we love ourselves so much?
Witzend
Newbie Member

Post by Witzend »

Are you suffering?
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

He just obviously read that pigs can orgasm for 30min...

So fair enough..... im a bit miffed about that myself :econfused:
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I hope your not calling my wife a pig? y:@)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:06 pm He just obviously read that pigs can orgasm for 30min...

So fair enough..... im a bit miffed about that myself :econfused:
How...why would anybody know that?

Are the beastiality laws different in New Zealand?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:26 am I hope your not calling my wife a pig? y:@)
Yes I am!

But she's a lucky pig! :lol:

(joking of course :P )
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

God design the human body?...the whole notion is absurd. In fact evidence points to evolution. That is why our bodies can only process some minerals, like calcium, iron etc but not silicon. The dna molecule creates errors in its copy. Sharks don't eat grass, plants do chemical warfare, and etc etc.

P.S. Wait for Phil to reply how perfectly designed everything is. 😁
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com