Jac3510

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
LittleHamster
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Jac3510

Post by LittleHamster »

Kurieuo wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:02 pm Hey, you have two accounts don't you Hamster?

Warning: You're only meant to have one account.

*Kurieuo nods to other mods to start firing up the gas chambers*
Hey, you can't stop me from talki......arrrrhhhhhhhh......

Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:02 pm Hey, you have two accounts don't you Hamster?

Warning: You're only meant to have one account.

*Kurieuo nods to other mods to start firing up the gas chambers*
But I thought they were showers :shock:
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Theres a few ppl who we could do threads on...
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by neo-x »

LittleHamster wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:58 pm
neo-x wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:57 pm
RickD wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:10 am
Stu wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:03 am
Philip wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:54 am

The same.
Ah, was there some kind of fall out or what?
Jac3510 is still a member here, and has much to offer this forum if he decides to post again.
Wasn't Jac, banned?
Or has he been un-banned?

FWIW, I think he was right. When you associate an action with a group of people you are in fact alluding that the trait represents them as such, otherwise, why make the comparison in the first place.

It is just infuriating to hide behind technical points and not see how your words can wound. To say someone uses a Nazi tactic, is to attribute naziness to them. Otherwise, why use the reference--because it carries connotation--indirect and subtle as it may be. The underline is that this group shares something with the Nazi's even if it is that tactic.
Nazi tactic ? Was he implying, in some way, that we act like a group of Nazis ?
No. Some posters here were accusing liberals of using nazi tactics. He objected to it.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

neo-x wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:59 pm
LittleHamster wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:58 pm
neo-x wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:57 pm
RickD wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:10 am
Stu wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:03 am

Ah, was there some kind of fall out or what?
Jac3510 is still a member here, and has much to offer this forum if he decides to post again.
Wasn't Jac, banned?
Or has he been un-banned?

FWIW, I think he was right. When you associate an action with a group of people you are in fact alluding that the trait represents them as such, otherwise, why make the comparison in the first place.

It is just infuriating to hide behind technical points and not see how your words can wound. To say someone uses a Nazi tactic, is to attribute naziness to them. Otherwise, why use the reference--because it carries connotation--indirect and subtle as it may be. The underline is that this group shares something with the Nazi's even if it is that tactic.
Nazi tactic ? Was he implying, in some way, that we act like a group of Nazis ?
No. Some posters here were accusing liberals of using nazi tactics. He objected to it.

Thanks Neo, that clears things up a bit o_O.

BTW, I believe everyone on this board is totally depraved anyway (including myself). ..and I try and love everyone regardless of what "tactics" they may use (or how people respond to those "tactics"). Egotism comes in many forms !
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Hey, you'll have much in common with Rick. He and others here just love Calvin's 5 points too. :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 3:03 am Hey, you'll have much in common with Rick. He and others here just love Calvin's 5 points too. :P
I don't believe in total depravity, except in Kurieuo's case.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

y[-( Takes someone totally depraved to know someone else totally depraved. Hmm. I think we're proving Hamster's point, or is it Calvin's? :econfused:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 3:03 am Hey, you'll have much in common with Rick. He and others here just love Calvin's 5 points too. :P
I could be mistaken, but I think this is sarcasm. And you're a mod?!?!

How dare you!?!?!?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:55 am

How dare you!?!?!?
At least K didn't employ a name intended as derogatory for you or your beliefs.

...and more proof to my point that you have a lot of time to point out other people's issues and none to prove your beliefs on a biblical point.

How dare YOU, mr. moderator.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:00 am

How dare you!?!?!?

...and more proof to my point that you have a lot of time to point out other people's issues and none to prove your beliefs on a biblical point.

Dude, he called me a Calvinist!

You can't get much more derogatory than that!

If he wasn't on the opposite side of the world, I'd have to tell him a thing or two!

This issue really seems to bother you, Bav. Is the Holy Spirit convicting you?

Don't resist!

-Edward R Murrow

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:54 am

How dare you!?!?!?

If he wasn't on the opposite side of the world, I'd have to tell him a thing or two!

Don't resist!
Do you follow Calvinism? I wouldn't be making big deal if you called me an Adventist.

...and here is another post from your "busy schedule" that doesn't allow you to prove your stance you so emphatically stated was provable...yet I see no post of yours with any proof texts...hmm.

Cat got your tongue?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:10 am
RickD wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:54 am

How dare you!?!?!?

Don't resist!
Do you follow Calvinism? I wouldn't be making big deal if you called me an Adventist.

...and here is another post from your "busy schedule" that doesn't allow you to prove your stance you so emphatically stated was provable...yet I see no post of yours with any proof texts...hmm.

Cat got your tongue?
Bav,

My job allows me a few minutes here and there, for quick posts. I don't have time during the day, to properly respond to posts that need a response where I need to do research.

It's not that I don't have time for you. Last evening, I actually took the time to read through the majority of the other 28 page thread.

And you asked if I follow Calvinism. Only in the sense that I did some studying to research it more, when I was approached by a former moderator here, who is a Calvinist.

And yes, calvinists can feel just as offended as certain SDAs, when their doctrine is challenged.

-Edward R Murrow

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:01 pm And yes, calvinists can feel just as offended as certain SDAs, when their doctrine is challenged.
Nothing wrong with challenging doctrine...you're just not picking up on the difference between that and simply calling someone by a name you intend to be derogatory.

By all means, challenge my beliefs. But don't do so by ONLY calling me a name. Maybe some substance along with a name would be more acceptable, but I wouldn't hesitate to point out the name-calling anyway along with rebuttal to your points...of which there exist none as of yet.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:16 pm
RickD wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:01 pm And yes, calvinists can feel just as offended as certain SDAs, when their doctrine is challenged.
Nothing wrong with challenging doctrine...you're just not picking up on the difference between that and simply calling someone by a name you intend to be derogatory.

By all means, challenge my beliefs. But don't do so by ONLY calling me a name. Maybe some substance along with a name would be more acceptable, but I wouldn't hesitate to point out the name-calling anyway along with rebuttal to your points...of which there exist none as of yet.
Are you really that obtuse?

I just told you that I reread the majority of a 28 page thread. The same thread that we discussed your beliefs about the sabbath. That's why I said that I have nothing new to add, that I can presently think of, that I or somebody else has already said in that thread, WHICH YOU DID NOT AGREE WITH!

Am I just talking to myself here? Did you even read anything I've said? Did you read the article that Jac wrote, that I posted a link to?

And FYI, AS I SAID BEFORE, I didn't "just call you a name intending to be offensive". I called you a judaizer, because it's a name that describes your position on the sabbath, that has been discussed to death, in that other thread.

-Edward R Murrow