Was Jesus Resurrection actually on a Sunday?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Was Jesus Resurrection actually on a Sunday?

Post by RickD »

mrtzur2015 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:01 am
RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:52 am
mrtzur2915 wrote:
Sunrise to downtown is one day. God does not look at days the way we do
I guess I don't look at days anywhere near the same way God does then.

I've never heard that sunrise to downtown is one day.

Btw, I think in ancient, biblical times, sunset to sunset was a day(the sabbath, for example). Or, a finite, and long period of time, was also a day(as it was in Noah's day).
Really Ricardo?
Genesis 1:3-5 King James Version (KJV)

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Yes sir, you are correct. One of the multiple literal meanings of the word yom, is sunrise to sunset.

But what does that have to do with going downtown?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:10 am But what does that have to do with going downtown?
Here is another example of this sarcasm that permeates just about every one of your posts.

Isn't it possible that English isn't this person's first language OR they don't have a complete mastery of the keyboard? Why belittle at EVERY opportunity? Some sarcasm is not bad...but when it is your one bit, it becomes annoying.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:18 am
RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:10 am But what does that have to do with going downtown?
Here is another example of this sarcasm that permeates just about every one of your posts.

Isn't it possible that English isn't this person's first language OR they don't have a complete mastery of the keyboard? Why belittle at EVERY opportunity? Some sarcasm is not bad...but when it is your one bit, it becomes annoying.
Fyi,
While that was a joke, it's not sarcasm.
I was teasing him with what was most likely an auto correct while trying to type "sundown".

But thanks for the enlightening post Bav!*

*That was sarcasm.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:23 am

Fyi,
I was teasing him with what was most likely an auto correct while trying to type "sundown".

*That was sarcasm.
It was all Sarcasm: the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

mrtzur2015 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:45 am
DBowling wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:29 am
mrtzur2015 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:00 am it couldn’t of been Sunday resurrection as the Bible tells us marry went early before the sunrise
You are misstating what the Scriptural text says...
John 20:1 explicitly says that Mary went to the tomb on the first day of the week (ie Sunday) (just like all three of the other Gospels say).
The text does not say that Mary went to the tomb before sunrise. The text says that it was still dark outside when she went to the tomb which is consistent with "after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn" from Matthew 28:1.
I think we all have experienced that it is still dark outside during early dawn.

So all four of the Gospels establish that Mary (and the other women) went to the tomb on the first first day of the week, after the Sabbath, early in the morning, as it began to dawn.
But yeah y’all can keep believing deception.
I'm afraid that I'm not the one believing deception in this case...
I'm believing what all four of the Gospels explicitly and unambiguously state.
Oh and FYI for Christmas followers it his birth wasn’t on the 25 of December
I actually think you are probably correct with this assertion, but I'm not convinced that your assertion about September is correct.
But I don't have a dogmatic position regarding the precise date of Jesus' birth.
It was early morning while it was still dark therefore before sunrise.
That may be what you are claiming, but that is not what Scripture says.
Scripture does not say the Mary and the women went to the tomb "before sunrise"... that is nowhere in the Gospels.

All four of the Gospels establish that Mary (and the other women) went to the tomb on the first first day of the week, after the Sabbath, early in the morning, as it began to dawn.

And John 20:1 tells us it was was still dark "as it began to dawn (Mat 28:1)" and the sun was beginning to rise.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Anybody care to tell me how many trees were planted by the grave while you're at it?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:19 pm Anybody care to tell me how many trees were planted by the grave while you're at it?
No! No! No, Neo!

Christ was laid to rest in a tomb, not a grave!

:pound:

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:33 am
RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:23 am

Fyi,

*That was sarcasm.
It was all Sarcasm: the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
Since you don't know me, I'll excuse your ignorance with regards to my sarcasm. Yes, my sarcasm occasionally mocks. But I've never, or rarely use sarcasm to convey contempt, because I don't think anyone is worthless. So, since you don't know me, and aren't familiar with my sarcasm, this is for you:
Sarcasm often depends upon the voice tone. There are seven types:

Self-Deprecating Sarcasm – This category of sarcasm expresses an overstated sense of inferiority and worthlessness.
Brooding Sarcasm – In this criticism, the speaker utters something polite. However, the tone of his speech has a marked bitterness to it.
Deadpan Sarcasm – It is expressed without emotion or laughter, making it difficult for the listener to judge whether the speaker is joking or mocking.
Polite Sarcasm – A speaker is said to have delivered a polite sarcasm when his listeners only get to realize that his kind remark was a sarcastic one after they had given it some thought.
Obnoxious Sarcasm – This kind of sarcasm makes people feel like punching the speaker in the face. It is not very funny, and it gets under your skin.
Manic Sarcasm – This type of sarcasm is delivered in an unnatural happy mood, which makes the speaker look like he has gone crazy.
Raging Sarcasm – This kind of sarcasm relies mainly on exaggeration and violent threats.
https://literarydevices.net/sarcasm/
I believe I've used all of the above, with the exception of Raging Sarcasm. I don't make violent threats.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Don't worry too much Bav. I've banned Rick before for his scarcasm, and if he keeps it up he's heading for a second. We mods love to ban so much we sometimes ban each other. :P (perhaps that's not the best of jokes right now [please don't ban me] ) :lol:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 4:51 pm Don't worry too much Bav. I've banned Rick before for his scarcasm, and if he keeps it up he's heading for a second. We mods love to ban so much we sometimes ban each other. :P (perhaps that's not the best of jokes right now [please don't ban me] ) :lol:
I never got you back for that yet, did I?

Turnabout is fair play. To show I don't hold a grudge, I'll only ban you for half the time you banned me.

-Edward R Murrow

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 4:09 pm Yes, my sarcasm occasionally mocks.
...and if you do this on a normative basis, I/we cannot be held accountable to know your mood of the day. Therefore any sarcasm from your hand tends to land on the side of mocking in a more serious discussion...especially when you directly call me a "Judaizer".
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:58 am
...and if you do this on a normative basis, I/we cannot be held accountable to know your mood of the day. Therefore any sarcasm from your hand tends to land on the side of mocking in a more serious discussion...especially when you directly call me a "Judaizer".
Calling you a judaizer was not sarcasm. It was a completely serious post. I understand that you don't like it. None of us like to be called out on false doctrines that we hold on to.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

How isn't SDA theology not stuck in Mosaic law? In that respect, judaizer seems adequate to me also. But, I'm open to you Bav explaining otherwise how it's not.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:03 am
BavarianWheels wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:58 am
Calling you a judaizer was not sarcasm. It was a completely serious post. I understand that you don't like it. None of us like to be called out on false doctrines that we hold on to.
So now we've established by you that name-calling is serious...at least when you called me a Judaizer. Thank you for admitting to ad-hom tactics.

Now...if only you would choose to back up your claim instead of relying on other threads...
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Kurieuo wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:10 am How isn't SDA theology not stuck in Mosaic law? In that respect, judaizer seems adequate to me also. But, I'm open to you Bav explaining otherwise how it's not.
Please tell me which "Mosaic" law Adventism is stuck in...with respect to our current "discussions" here with Rick.