Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by RickD »

NickiG wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:38 pm Hi all, it's me, Nicki - I haven't been able to log in since the update in spite of sending emails and site messages so I've got back in the side door. If someone can reconnect me to my old account that would be good, otherwise this is it. :roll:
Welcome to the forum NickiG.

I hope you're half as nice as that other Nicki.

Don't tell her I said this, but it's really odd that a kiwi would move all the way out to Western Australia. She must be hiding from something.
y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
BobLoblah
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by BobLoblah »

31Mar18.....Hi everyone. This is BobLoblah and BobLoblah lives on the far side of the WholeWideWorld in the land of easy living. So much for that.
Let's just say, that GOD does so exist and BobLoblah sees him in every banana tree that grows in front of BobLoblah's house. He's even with the crocodiles that pass by every now and then. Ps: BobLoblah does not believe that God holds any water with the snakes though, those dastardly things. Once bitten, twice shy. And that BobLoblah's good friends is the Truth........Happy Easter to you toooooooooooooooo..... :ebiggrin: :clap: yB-)2
Much Obliged
BobLoblah
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

"...and life goes on..."

the Beatles...

Welcome BobLoBlah
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hello there, BobLob!
riderontheclouds
Acquainted Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by riderontheclouds »

Hi,

I'm currently an OT believer who is working towards belief in Christ (why I am a Theistic Evolutionist who is not a Christian), if you are intrigued about my theological views.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

riderontheclouds wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:56 am Hi,

I'm currently an OT believer who is working towards belief in Christ (why I am a Theistic Evolutionist who is not a Christian), if you are intrigued about my theological views.
That's definitely intriguing!

Welcome to the board, rider!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Welcome rider. :wave:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RockyMidnight
Acquainted Member

Post by RockyMidnight »

Hello All!
My "handle is RockyMidnight", the names to two pets of mine who showed me living proof of the Grace of God
I'm hoping there is a topic here that, in a layman level of discussion, explores reality from both scripture and what is obvious about this physical world, especially based on things like Quantum Mechanics findings (Copenhagen Interpretation) and our physiology as it relates to our 5 physical senses and to our subjective conscious awareness. Just to be clear, when I wrote "layman" I meant a discussion without all the labels and technical jargon/math/chemistry processes inherent in the scientific perspective. (Example, Heisenberg's complimantarity discovery involved a lot of advanced math, but in layman's terms, it's enough to accept that matter and energy cannot be measured at the same time; only one or the other in a single observation. In sensory transduction, there are lengthy explanations of specific proteins involved in sending electrical signals to the centers of the brain where those signals get translated into an identifiable image, sound, odor, taste, or texture/temperature/hardness, etc associated with the sense of touch. This is pretty complicated science, but in layman's terms it is enough to know our sense organs revive a stimuli which our nerves sends to the brain where the stimuli gets identified or categorized as new experience).
If anyone could direct me to such a thread I would be very grateful since a search looks pretty time intensive here!
So, how's this for a "Hello All"? :-)
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Welcome rockym
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RockyMidnight
Acquainted Member

Welcome rockym

Post by RockyMidnight »

Hello Neo-X,
Thank you for the welcome message.
Hope this finds you and yours all well and content in your faith.
Cheers!!
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

RockyMidnight wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:36 pm Hello All!
My "handle is RockyMidnight", the names to two pets of mine who showed me living proof of the Grace of God
I'm hoping there is a topic here that, in a layman level of discussion, explores reality from both scripture and what is obvious about this physical world, especially based on things like Quantum Mechanics findings (Copenhagen Interpretation) and our physiology as it relates to our 5 physical senses and to our subjective conscious awareness. Just to be clear, when I wrote "layman" I meant a discussion without all the labels and technical jargon/math/chemistry processes inherent in the scientific perspective. (Example, Heisenberg's complimantarity discovery involved a lot of advanced math, but in layman's terms, it's enough to accept that matter and energy cannot be measured at the same time; only one or the other in a single observation. In sensory transduction, there are lengthy explanations of specific proteins involved in sending electrical signals to the centers of the brain where those signals get translated into an identifiable image, sound, odor, taste, or texture/temperature/hardness, etc associated with the sense of touch. This is pretty complicated science, but in layman's terms it is enough to know our sense organs revive a stimuli which our nerves sends to the brain where the stimuli gets identified or categorized as new experience).
If anyone could direct me to such a thread I would be very grateful since a search looks pretty time intensive here!
So, how's this for a "Hello All"? :-)
Well, there's always ChristianGeeks.com - but I think you're probably in the best place if you enjoy such conversations - as we have a few geeks around here :lol: .

BTW, you don't happen to have a pet squirrel, do you?

But welcome, Rocky!
RockyMidnight
Acquainted Member

Post by RockyMidnight »

Hello Philip!
Sorry if I gave the impression I'm a geek, no offense to geeks. I'm about as far away from being a geek as the Earth is to Pluto.
Rocky was my Shi Tsu. But, I do have two squirrels that live out back and which I feed regularly! :ebiggrin:
Thank you for the Hello Philip!
Cheers!!!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

RockyMidnight wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:11 pm Hello Philip!
Sorry if I gave the impression I'm a geek, no offense to geeks. I'm about as far away from being a geek as the Earth is to Pluto.
Rocky was my Shi Tsu. But, I do have two squirrels that live out back and which I feed regularly! :ebiggrin:
Thank you for the Hello Philip!
Cheers!!!
My dog is a hybrid that's half Bulldog and half shih tzu. He's called a Bullshiht.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

And you'll find Rick is very fond of that - the dog, that is. :mrgreen:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

BTW, Rocky - how did you find our forum?