Plausible first settlement of the Americas by another subspecies of humanity

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Plausible first settlement of the Americas by another subspecies of humanity

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

It's unlikely for sure but it's worth a read.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/21 ... years-ago/
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Plausible first settlement of the Americas by another subspecies of humanity

Post by RickD »

That better not be true. If it's true, then we European Americans probably owe them reparations too.

This white privilege isn't all it's cracked up to be.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Plausible first settlement of the Americas by another subspecies of humanity

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:24 am That better not be true. If it's true, then we European Americans probably owe them reparations too.

Rick, no worries, these days you can be whatever you want to be and escape reparations or did you forget about this?

You can be from the planet Jupiter, of an trans alien from Venus, or related to the first person who stepped on North America and named it Oee K dokie...mus b da pla-cee

Or anything you want too - Reparations are easy now to avoid just be all you can be what ever your want to be :wave:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:24 am That better not be true. If it's true, then we European Americans probably owe them reparations too.

Nah, you are part Neanderthal, along with the Native Americans.
Better start apologizing right now.
PS I thought somewhere you said you were black.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:28 am

I am black. Sometimes. When I feel like identifying as black, I am. When I feel like identifying as a woman, I am.

I like this 21st century stuff. I don't have to be stuck as a white privileged male.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:09 pm
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:28 am

I am black. Sometimes. When I feel like identifying as black, I am. When I feel like identifying as a woman, I am.

I like this 21st century stuff. I don't have to be stuck as a white privileged male.
You also identify as having ass-burgers syndrome*, don't you? Or is it Torellet'es (however u spell that)?

*I probably have it too
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Thekid: Nah, you are part Neanderthal, along with the Native Americans.
Yeah, Rick - a better strategy for a reparations payday! As the early Native Americans ran off the Neanderthals, this way, YOU can file for reparations from the Indians.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Philip wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:21 pm
Thekid: Nah, you are part Neanderthal, along with the Native Americans.
Yeah, Rick - a better strategy for a reparations payday! As the early Native Americans ran off the Neanderthals, this way, YOU can file for reparations from the Indians.
I was more thinking about himself apologizing to himself for the actions of his ancestors-no matter how far back in time they may be.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:52 am It's unlikely for sure but it's worth a read.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/21 ... years-ago/
Interesting article but I agree with your evaluation...
"It's unlikely for sure"

I really don't have any real problem with the premise that neanderthals reached the Americas prior to modern humans, but as the article points out there isn't any real solid evidence to support that premise...
there were no human fossils at the Californian site.
But both researchers – and many others – express extreme caution about the conclusions. “Broken bones and stones alone do not make a credible archaeological site in my view,” says Erlandson.
He singles out the supposed stone hammers and anvils as a particular weak point in the analysis. By 130,000 years ago, hominins elsewhere in the world were making elaborate stone tools. Nothing this complicated was found near the mastodon.
many of us will want to see supporting evidence of this ancient occupation from other sites before we abandon the conventional model.
The thing that really caught my eye in this article was a link to another article regarding our modern human species...
"First Humans to Leave Africa Went to China Not Europe"
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg ... ot-europe/
This article suggests that modern humans reached China between 80,000 and 120,000 years ago.

If an earlier migration of modern humans did make it as far as China prior to 60,000 years ago, it will be interesting to see if we can find any genetic imprint of that earlier migration in the current human population, or if that earlier migration just died out.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Flin ... tstone.png
I think we can ask someone we all know....