Oldearth.org

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Oldearth.org

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

I do like this site. Here's an article-http://www.oldearth.org/rebuttal/icr/ne ... bstone.htm
I dont agree with everything in it, but a lot of it is good. Aside from the creation part, there is spiritual material that is good for Christian growth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Oldearth.org

Post by RickD »

That site helped me a lot when I was researching different creation beliefs.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote:That site helped me a lot when I was researching different creation beliefs.
Yes, and they also showed criticism of some YEC ideas, since I was still hanging on to many of them though I was strict OEC at the time.
Stuff like the SDA teachings made me hesitant since they basically taught the bible teaches YEC so you need to believe YEC is real to be a good Christian, including my own church (non legalistic Church of Christ) who has a similar stance. If they want to belive it and it helps their walk with God, good. I just can't see the favor for strict YEC instead of types of OEC.
I'm not sure why Greg Nayman is a progressive creationist when he sees the evidence for macroevolution during creation week.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I'm not sure why Greg Nayman is a progressive creationist when he sees the evidence for macroevolution during creation week.
Do you have a link to an article where Greg Neyman addresses this?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote:
Do you have a link to an article where Greg Neyman addresses this?
I'm trying to find it but I thought he said he was one.
http://www.asa3.org/ASA/education/origins/methods2.htm
http://www.oldearth.org/commentary/evolution_csc20.htm
Found it.