Is Christianity out of date?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
BrittLeigh2001
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

Is Christianity out of date?

Post by BrittLeigh2001 »

Hey, Guys! I have been pondering this question for a while now, and I wanted to see what you all though. "Is Christianity out of date and too primitive for our modern world and its sense of ethics?" I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.
Blessings!
~Britt
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Is Christianity out of date?

Post by 1over137 »

Hi Britt,

Welcome to the forum.

Well, Christianity is not out of date.
Sometimes I think world is too primitive for Christianity.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

BrittLeigh2001 wrote:Hey, Guys! I have been pondering this question for a while now, and I wanted to see what you all though. "Is Christianity out of date and too primitive for our modern world and its sense of ethics?" I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.
Blessings!
~Britt
To me, thinking Christianity is out of date is basically saying it's something that can go out of style...

Something subjective rather than objective.

If Christianity is objectively right all the time then it follows that it is something that cant be out of date or be revamped
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

BrittLeigh2001 wrote:Hey, Guys! I have been pondering this question for a while now, and I wanted to see what you all though. "Is Christianity out of date and too primitive for our modern world and its sense of ethics?" I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.
Blessings!
~Britt
Yes, nobody needs love anymore. It's overrated, and outdated.

EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!!!

Er...uh...welcome to the board. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
patrick
Established Member

Post by patrick »

I think there's a lot of re-interpretation that's needed, as the book was written principally for people in another time and culture, but I don't think the principles are primitive or out of date.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

1over137 wrote:Hi Britt,

Welcome to the forum.

Well, Christianity is not out of date.
Sometimes I think world is too primitive for Christianity.
This.
I think that, if one truly looks and reads the core doctrines of Christianity, one can come to the conclusion that it is for a far more reasonable and rational time.
I mean, we live in a time were basic biology 101 is questioned.
Where morals are viewed as subjective, unless it is those we want to push on others.
Where people preach human rights but without a concept of what those rights are or why we have them.
And so forth...
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Blessings!
~Britt

Hi,Christianity is not out of date and nothing has changed for 2000 years about it.I do believe there is a crisis in creationism though but it is not a salvation issue just a true creation interpretation issue.Other than that nothing has changed as far as the gospel and the need for Jesus for our salvation.

Selling the Dogma
https://youtu.be/uOYc3wDBe4M
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

ACB!!! Where have you been for so long??? We've been concerned around here something might have happened to you. Good to see you back!
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Philip wrote:ACB!!! Where have you been for so long??? We've been concerned around here something might have happened to you. Good to see you back!
Thanks.I never really went anywhere,I just moved and did not have internet access until now.I hope everything went well for ya'll while I was absent.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

It's been a bit quieter than in the recent past. We need more ladies taking part.

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Philip wrote:It's been a bit quieter than in the recent past. We need more ladies taking part.

Didn't your mama ever teach you to appreciate what was on your plate before looking for more?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

y:-? y#-o
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Does gravity ever become "out of date"? I'm not sure your question is formed correctly, unless one takes the view that Christianity is a matter of personal taste rather than truth. I suspect the person asking such a question wouldn't really be Christian or understand what such means.

If I could choose what to believe, why then I'd want everyone to be together hereafter. On the other hand, Christianity presents God NOT like some big fluffy cuddly bear, but rather one who must punish evil and our wrongs, yet who is at the same time desires to loves us and show mercy and forgiveness.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
claysmithr
Valued Member

Post by claysmithr »

jesus is the truth. the truth doesn't get outdated, rather, we can only get a firmer grasp of it with time.