What Does Accepting Jesus Mean?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Mystical
Valued Member

What Does Accepting Jesus Mean?

Post by Mystical »

What does it mean to "Accept Jesus?" I think many people do it and don't know what it means. Can it mean something different to everyone or does it mean something distinct? What does scripture say?
SUGAAAAA
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by SUGAAAAA »

Accepting him as you Lord and savior?

Believing he died for your sins?

That's what I believe.
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

BUT, I actually knew someone who did believe in Jesus and God, believing Christ died for his sins, but the person still chose not to follow his word, he hated God for whatever reason (Crazy, huh?)

So I guess it also means following/obeying Jesus's teachings.
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Yeah, it's not enough to believe, you must accept him. Want him to change you?
j316
Established Member

Post by j316 »

Very much so. The acceptance is a result of the receipt of wisdom, suddenly knowing that He is real and has done everything that is written about Him. It is a result of knowing that He knows far more about your life than you do, giving you the ability to trust Him to guide you. At some point in the process there also comes the realization that He knows you personally, as an individual. This is an awesome experience and one that would be incredibly difficult to walk away from.