The Thread Where Off-Topic is On Purpose and A-Okay!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Thank you for your wise words, BGood. Your report of your constant activities make me feel all the more lazy and bummish, but yet it encourages me in that it reminds me of something I used to know. It is that I seem to be disatisfied with how my time is used whether I am busy or lazy. When I'm busy I feel that all my time is being wasted on things that don't matter, and when I'm lazy I feel that I'm wasting my time on nothing. Taken like that you can't help but conclude that if one is to waste time at all it is better wasted doing nothing, so that at least you're doing what you want with it and have a say in the matter.

However, the ideal would be, of course, to not waste time at all. But that would mean doing something worthwhile with your time, and I... I'm not sure. I do not want to start working like mad to do some good with my life and have it not be in line with God's plan for my life. I wait on Him to present to me things that I feel are worth something. And it has worked out quite splendidly this way for years, really.

I guess that I'm more disatisfied than I would be if I hadn't forgotten another basic truth- that God uses the seemingly pointless times in our life to prepare us for the other times, times when He uses us as instruments to create everlasting precious gems. Just as sleep is conductive to wakefulness, so can seeming inactivity be to activity. Also is the truth that the work insn't near so important to God as the worker. It is to my shame that I have forgotten such important rules to the game! They are excellent to have in your conscious grip; it is a good thing to remember them.

Now, what was the whole point of all this? Right, I was just babbling about my thoughts and feelings on my current lot in life. And why, just last week God spoke to me about the whole thing reminding me that the times of perserverance are for the express intent of creating character. When I was so graciously reminded of that, another sadly forgotten truth, it was in regards to my disatisfaction with hardships I'm facing right now. But in fact, this bumming around thing is indeed a part of those hardships, which I hadn't recognized 'til just now. Silly Katie, open your eyes and stop forgetting what you need to remember!

So I can conclude, then, after all this review, that everything is a-okay, and just as it should be. I'm relying on God for my every step, and no, I haven't missed any. I must continue to trust Him and look to His will while sacrificing my own, and then, despite whatever doubts I may have, I will always be on the path I'm supposed to.

Thank you BGood for helping me open my eyes! I'm feeling much better now. :D
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

kateliz wrote: Thank you BGood for helping me open my eyes! I'm feeling much better now. :D
Don't thank me, thank your own spirit.

Just remember to keep your eyes open until it is time to close them.
=)
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

I'm sorry BGood, but I will not thank my "own spirit". I thank my Father that He used you as one of a couple instruments He's used recently to show me I'm where I should be, and doing what I should be. I thank you, BGood, but I moreso thank my Father for you!

Yes, but I'm not sure that I'm capable of closing them before that time! I've spent my whole life on a frantic lookout for meaning to why I'm here and why I'm doing what I'm doing being here. I'd have to have my eyes closed for me before I could close them myself, if you can understand my logic! :)
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

kateliz wrote:I'm sorry BGood, but I will not thank my "own spirit". I thank my Father that He used you as one of a couple instruments He's used recently to show me I'm where I should be, and doing what I should be. I thank you, BGood, but I moreso thank my Father for you!

Yes, but I'm not sure that I'm capable of closing them before that time! I've spent my whole life on a frantic lookout for meaning to why I'm here and why I'm doing what I'm doing being here. I'd have to have my eyes closed for me before I could close them myself, if you can understand my logic! :)
Very well, I didn't expect that type of response.
In any case I am glad I could be an instrument in your journeys.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

"I didn't expect that type of response"?

What type did you think it was, and what did you expect? I'm sorry if I offended you at all or made it to seem I was attacking you- I certainly wasn't trying to.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

kateliz wrote:"I didn't expect that type of response"?

What type did you think it was, and what did you expect? I'm sorry if I offended you at all or made it to seem I was attacking you- I certainly wasn't trying to.
=P
Don't worry you didn't offend me.
I hope I didn't offend you either.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Nope! :D
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

kateliz wrote:Nope! :D
Good.
=)

We haven't realy gone off topic much lately...
Making our posts off topic?
tarreyl
Familiar Member

katliz is a stalker she is stalking me please send for help

Post by tarreyl »

katliz is stalking me and my other friend she follow "my friend" to the park she made me go and we waited intil "my friend got back from the walk that person took and she was hiding behind a tree we waited for a hour for this person to come back to their car and when that person got to back to theirs car she jumped out at them. Then she followed this person and when this person stoped and parked she followed him and trapped that person in their car for a hour so that person was stuck in their car because katliz blocked them so that person couldn't drive away. This all started when she wanted me to look for this person house we knew where it was close to we looked up this person address in the phone book we did'nt know that persons parents name just that person last name so we drove around looking at a few house seeing if that is person house. We thought it might be this one house so katie made me go to the front door and knock so we did the person dad anwered and sayed that person was at work so then katliz wanted to go their WORK and talk to them I sayed no but she sayed we should so she made me go to this person work she bugged the person at their work.

this is all fictional And she will deny some of it but i will test to this story.

she atleast doesn't stalk me anymore she has some one new to stalk yeah i am finally free of her
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

It's mostly true.

No, tarreyl, you're not free of me yet! God divinely glued me to you. Or was it you to me? You to me. And I can't tell you how many butter knives I've broken trying to pry you off!
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

kateliz wrote:It's mostly true.

No, tarreyl, you're not free of me yet! God divinely glued me to you. Or was it you to me? You to me. And I can't tell you how many butter knives I've broken trying to pry you off!
Try nail polish remover.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

I'll need Draino to fully cleanse my system of her once she's gone.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

kateliz wrote:I'll need Draino to fully cleanse my system of her once she's gone.
You really don't enjoy being stuck to people do you?
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... ght=#19427
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

I am suprised she has not resorted to Hydro-Chloric Acid yet :D :wink:
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

bizzt wrote:I am suprised she has not resorted to Hydro-Chloric Acid yet :D :wink:
Hey hey hey, now!

Don't give her any ideas....