Passengers: Would you?

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!

Would you have woken someone?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 7

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Passengers: Would you?

Post by Nessa »

The other week, I needed time out so I went out to the movies and watched 'Passengers'

You can see the trailer here...

My question to you is this:

If you were the guy on board, would you have woken someone up?
Remember you are on a ship and you will spend the next 90 years alone on it unless you choose to awaken another.
Last edited by Nessa on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:The other week, I needed time out so I went out to the movies and watched 'Passengers'

Remember you are on a ship and you will spend the next 90 years alone on it unless you choose to awaken another.
I would've woken someone up, but not a blonde.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:The other week, I needed time out so I went out to the movies and watched 'Passengers'

Such a predictable answer from you :shakehead:

Personally I thought this was a great question and think a few would be tempted to presumptuously say no they wouldnt. It reminds me of the tom hanks film where he was stranded on an island. I think that kind of isolation for 90 years could quite possible drive someone insane. We are social creatures.
Last edited by Nessa on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:

Personally I thought this was a great question and think a few would be tempted to say presumptuously no they wouldnt. It reminds me of the tom hanks film where he was stranded on an island. I think that kinda of isolation for 90 years could quite possible drive someone insane. We are social creatures.
I guess you're right. If there were no brunettes, I suppose I'd wake up the blonde. y>:D<

Edit: The question is a no-brainer. Any red-blooded man would wake up a woman. It's not good for man to be alone.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:

Personally I thought this was a great question and think a few would be tempted to say presumptuously no they wouldnt. It reminds me of the tom hanks film where he was stranded on an island. I think that kinda of isolation for 90 years could quite possible drive someone insane. We are social creatures.
I guess you're right. If there were no brunettes, I suppose I'd wake up the blonde. y>:D<

Edit: The question is a no-brainer. Any red-blooded man would wake up a woman. It's not good for man to be alone.
Perhaps. But perhaps not.
And also, how long would you wait then, before you did?

The guy in the movie went through a great internal struggle not to wake the girl up and it lasted a year. Before he did, he went to comitte suicide and then backed out of it.

He could see his own misery and wished to not cause another the same fate. Its not a simple decision.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:

Perhaps. But perhaps not.
And also, how long would you wait then, before you did?

The guy in the movie went through a great internal struggle not to wake the girl up and it lasted a year. Before he did, he went to comitte suicide and then backed out of it.

He could see his own misery and wished to not cause another the same fate. Its not a simple decision.
Well, that's not fair! I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know the circumstances. But I will say that it probably would've been a crappy movie if he didn't wake anyone. ;)

-Edward R Murrow

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Nope, seems selfish to wake up somebody else since you can't know what they'd have chosen.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa would have woken everyone up I bet. She'd die without conversation, right Ness? :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:Nessa would have woken everyone up I bet. She'd die without conversation, right Ness? :P

Ah kurieuo, you know me better than that ;)

You know exactly what I would have done
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Nessa would have woken everyone up I bet. She'd die without conversation, right Ness? :P

I would have looked for some hot blonde like that guy appears to have done and woken her up.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:

I would have looked for some hot blonde like that guy appears to have done and woken her up.
Uh oh, you better pray Mrs K doesnt wake up early as well y[-o<

AWKWARD :shock:
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Oh, I thought the hypothetical included if I wasn't married. :econfused: If she was there, then I'd probably give her a break and let her sleep. Rather than a hot blonde, wake up the woman who I felt would make the best sandwiches.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Oh, I thought the hypothetical included if I wasn't married. :econfused: If she was there, then I'd probably give her a break and let her sleep. Rather than a hot blonde, wake up the woman who I felt would make the best sandwiches.
What?! hot blondes cant make great sandwiches? If I was hot, I would be insulted! y[-(

Oh and give her a break? Uh huh, okay ;)
patrick
Established Member

Post by patrick »

I probably wouldn't, but I might depending on what there was to do alone vs with others
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

I haven't seen the movie but I think the question of what was there to do alone would be go totally insane vs with others would be companionship.
My eldest daughter saw this movie and loved it,
She said she wouldn't give away the storyline, thanks Nessa :ewink: but he did what he had too.
To be without any human contact is a form of torture, so me thinks he did what he thought was his only option.
Wake the hot blonde,
Jennifer Lawrence is hot, and an incredible actress so probably not a bad thing :mrgreen: