Bible Studies
bbyrd009
BANNED
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Sharia Law compared to Old Testament Law

Post by bbyrd009 »

Sharia Law is better than your system of Law, by any measure. You are compelled to follow the Law, and cannot offer Grace as a victim even if you wanted to. Sharia Law allows this, and even encourages it. Sharia Law is voluntary, and if it is not voluntary, it is not Sharia Law. I know this contradicts your understanding, but it is all true.

"Sharia Law compared to Old Testament Law" = "Let's judge another man's servant."
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote:
RickD wrote:
RickD wrote:
OT law pointed to Christ.

Can we say the same about sharia law?

Neo wrote:
Rick,
I agree with you, that is something that can't be said for sharia. Islam doesn't have grace. But Mosiac law doesn't have it either. In that regard they are not different, they both lack grace and ultimately can't save people.
But the difference is that OT law had its purpose. And that purpose was never meant to save. It was meant to point to Christ, correct?

Mosaic law points to grace. Does sharia law?
You are right but to me it makes no difference i would not prefer to live under either mosaic or sharia law.
I agree. And I'd go one step further, and say that I wouldn't prefer to live under any type of theocracy, including a "christianized" America.

Neo,

Is your county under anything resembling sharia?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:Sharia Law is better than your system of Law, by any measure. You are compelled to follow the Law, and cannot offer Grace as a victim even if you wanted to. Sharia Law allows this, and even encourages it. Sharia Law is voluntary, and if it is not voluntary, it is not Sharia Law. I know this contradicts your understanding, but it is all true.

"Sharia Law compared to Old Testament Law" = "Let's judge another man's servant."
As usual,

You have no idea what you're talking about. If someone beats me, or commits a criminal act against me, I can choose not to press charges against that person, in certain cases.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote:
neo-x wrote:
RickD wrote:
RickD wrote:
OT law pointed to Christ.

Can we say the same about sharia law?

Neo wrote:
Rick,
I agree with you, that is something that can't be said for sharia. Islam doesn't have grace. But Mosiac law doesn't have it either. In that regard they are not different, they both lack grace and ultimately can't save people.
But the difference is that OT law had its purpose. And that purpose was never meant to save. It was meant to point to Christ, correct?

Mosaic law points to grace. Does sharia law?
You are right but to me it makes no difference i would not prefer to live under either mosaic or sharia law.
I agree. And I'd go one step further, and say that I wouldn't prefer to live under any type of theocracy, including a "christianized" America.

Neo,

Is your county under anything resembling sharia?
No, thank God, there is no sharia law in effect. There are movements who want it in effect, but the govt of Pakistan is strictly against it and has banned all such political and religious groups which want a caliphate or a sharia law. All person demanding such are kept under strict surveillance and usually arrested if they try to take any steps in preaching such with a violent message.

Edit:
Rick, I agree with you on that because even the separation of the church and state in your country was made stronger only by the fact that Christians like the Danbury baptists, a minority, were being marginalized by major denominations of the church which historically led to Jefferson's famous "...building a wall of separation between Church & State." letter.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

ya, just try being for the "other guy" in most churches, though, and see what that gets ya :lol:
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

So,

You revive a 4 year old thread, only to copy and paste someone else’s entire post?

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip,

Not even a “thank you”?

How rude!!

y[-(

-Edward R Murrow