Understanding the Trinity

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Understanding the Trinity

Post by RickD »

Jenna,

I'm still encouraged that you admit that your views on the Trinity are, and I quote, "not good".

There's still hope for you yet!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:Jenna,

I'm still encouraged that you admit that your views on the Trinity are, and I quote, "not good".

so you are saying you agree? y/:]
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:

Agree with what?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:

Agree with what?
that your views of it are "not good".
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:

Agree with what?
y#-o

-Edward R Murrow

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:

Agree with what?
y#-o
thats not an answer, Rick! please explain what you meant? :?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote: so you are saying you agree? y/:]
Agree with what?
y#-o
You're confusing me!

You said,
this is why i choose not to get involved in this, even though my views of the trinity are not good.
So, I said there's hope for you, because you admit that your views on the Trinity are not good.

-Edward R Murrow

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote: Agree with what?
y#-o
You're confusing me!

You said,
this is why i choose not to get involved in this, even though my views of the trinity are not good.
So, I said there's hope for you, because you admit that your views on the Trinity are not good.
forgive me for not following you at all. i dont feel very good today, and this is going over my head right now. so what you are saying is that because my views are not good, there is hope for me? meaning what? that you agree, and your views arent good either, or that you think my views could be changed? y(:|
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote: that your views of it are "not good".
y#-o
You're confusing me!

You said,
forgive me for not following you at all. i dont feel very good today, and this is going over my head right now. so what you are saying is that because my views are not good, there is hope for me? meaning what? that you agree, and your views arent good either, or that you think my views could be changed? y(:|
Like I said before, the first step in fixing a problem, is realizing that one has a problem. You realize that your views on the Trinity are not good. That's the first step towards fixing your "problem".

:D

And, I hope you feel better soon.

-Edward R Murrow

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote: y#-o
You're confusing me!

You said,
Like I said before, the first step in fixing a problem, is realizing that one has a problem. You realize that your views on the Trinity are not good. That's the first step towards fixing your "problem".

thanks for the well wishes.
but as i said earlier, in case you missed it, i never said i had a problem, lol. and if it aint broke, it doesnt need fixing. ;)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote: thats not an answer, Rick! please explain what you meant? :?
You're confusing me!

You said,

but as i said earlier, in case you missed it, i never said i had a problem, lol. and if it aint broke, it doesnt need fixing. ;)
Well, then it looks like you've taken a step backwards. You went from realizing your views aren't good(your problem), to being in denial again.

As I said before, y#-o

-Edward R Murrow

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote: You're confusing me!

You said,

Well, then it looks like you've taken a step backwards. You went from realizing your views aren't good(your problem), to being in denial again.

As I said before, y#-o
haha, you arent getting off that easily. i said my views werent good. I never said that was a problem, those were your words. in my opinion, your views are what needs fixing, so dont be in denial. :mrgreen:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote: forgive me for not following you at all. i dont feel very good today, and this is going over my head right now. so what you are saying is that because my views are not good, there is hope for me? meaning what? that you agree, and your views arent good either, or that you think my views could be changed? y(:|

As I said before, y#-o
haha, you arent getting off that easily. i said my views werent good. I never said that was a problem, those were your words. in my opinion, your views are what needs fixing, so dont be in denial. :mrgreen:
You must be sick. That makes absolutely no sense.

-Edward R Murrow

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

to put it bluntly, i dont agree with the trinity. I do not have a problem with my views, so i dont need to fix them. in my opinion, it is the trinity believer who should change their view.
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
So then, to make perfectly plain, i have no problems at all with your believing that Jesus is God, if you like. Pray to Him, even, if you want. But at least recognize where that leads; what the fruit is, ok.
You don't believe Jesus is God?*

*Simple answer for us simple folk please.
bbyrd009 wrote:i do not believe that Jesus was God,
not sure how much clearer i can make it, Rick.
I just wanted to be clear. Some people think Jesus was a man while he was on the earth, but then attained some kind of "godhood" when he died.

So, you're saying you believe Jesus isn't now, nor ever was, God in the flesh? Immanuel?
I'm saying that Jesus was a Son of Man, and God is the Head of Christ, and any further definition comes from men, who by definition have some agenda, whatever it may be.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."