Understanding the Trinity

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
bbyrd009
BANNED
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Understanding the Trinity

Post by bbyrd009 »

only where did you get your "Trinity" doctrine from, not from any recognized prophets that i can read, so what now. Bring me the Witness that says "Trinity," and we will go from there then ok. This ends up being a counterfeit kind of meeting Him in the air, only it is Hot Air, and it is not meeting Him, anywhere, is it, it is essentially defining who can call themselves "accepted," so that they can be comfortable believing that they are saved, right now, and never mind what Scripture really has to say about that, either, because if i bring that up again, that Scripture, suddenly i will be incomprehensible again, and no one will be able to even understand what i am saying, again, so i must be the False Prophet, then, by association.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

So, understand why, when i say that i am perfectly fine with Trinity, the doctrine, as far as it goes, that is not acceptable, see, that is not "believing" it right, is it now. And let's be plain here; that is because i am not getting into the "spirit" of the doctrine, which was invented for a reason, and produces a fruit, that this situation now plainly points to, it simply could not be plainer.

So, you might reflect upon why my acceptance of the doctrine is not acceptable, to the believers of the Trinity doctrine. Iow i have plainly accepted it, in the spirit of "Love believes all things," but this is "incomprehensible" somehow.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

This:
bbyrd009 wrote:only where did you get your "Trinity" doctrine from, not from any recognized prophets that i can read, so what now. Bring me the Witness that says "Trinity," and we will go from there then ok. This ends up being a counterfeit kind of meeting Him in the air, only it is Hot Air, and it is not meeting Him, anywhere, is it, it is essentially defining who can call themselves "accepted," so that they can be comfortable believing that they are saved, right now, and never mind what Scripture really has to say about that, either, because if i bring that up again, that Scripture, suddenly i will be incomprehensible again, and no one will be able to even understand what i am saying, again, so i must be the False Prophet, then, by association.
Contradicts this:
bbyrd009 wrote:So, understand why, when i say that i am perfectly fine with Trinity, the doctrine, as far as it goes, that is not acceptable, see, that is not "believing" it right, is it now. And let's be plain here; that is because i am not getting into the "spirit" of the doctrine, which was invented for a reason, and produces a fruit, that this situation now plainly points to, it simply could not be plainer.

So, you might reflect upon why my acceptance of the doctrine is not acceptable, to the believers of the Trinity doctrine. Iow i have plainly accepted it, in the spirit of "Love believes all things," but this is "incomprehensible" somehow.
It's like talking to two different people. Enough with the poetic B.S. It's either you accept the trinity and whatever else it entails or you don't. If you accept it, we're done. If you don't, state your case.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Still waiting for something, anything, that tells us we are to judge a doctrine by its fruit...

Bbyrd009,

Will you just admit that there's nothing in scripture that says that?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:
rip that fig tree out and plant a cedar,
Byblos wrote:
Hey, I'll rip a cursed fig tree and plant a blessed cedar tree any day. I am Lebanese after all, cedar trees are sacred where I come from.
Waited 49 years for an opportunity to bring that into a conversation. Congratulations! :pound:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:Believers are called to be Christ-like // the Son of God // not like God. While Jesus Christ was here -- What Would Jesus Do -- in a given situation.
hey, you don't have to guess lol, He gave us explicit instructions. Go out two-by-two, meaning the two of you, crochet, 2 men in a bed, leave town, don't take a purse or extra shirt or shoes, just go, go out in the manner of a shepherd, and when you are welcomed somewhere, stay there until you leave that town, and "eat" what they give you.
So, see, we are literal enough when it suits us, huh, but then you have to run from, or ignore, literal instructions by Christ Himself, when it doesn't.

So, i came back to let you off the hook now, and suggest to you that you live in a town, right now, spiritually speaking, surrounded by your peers, who all believe pretty much what you do, and that you can "leave town" the both of you, right from your seat, whenever you like, and go to a "different town," without even having to pack, no purse, no extra shirt or shoes, whenever you like, and it might take a minute of searching, in this new town, to find someone who speaks to you, that you click with or whatever, but then "stay at that house, and eat whatever they put in front of you." Which does not mean that you have to believe everything that this foreign person in this different town believes, or anything, for that matter. Judge by the fruit, which is maybe a little more difficult spiritually speaking--because you can't directly witness the fruit first, like when you see someone's prize tomatoes, and then you start asking questions, trusting what they say because, after all, there is that tomato, talking to you, louder than any words--so i will tell you that i don't do this, when "travelling," i just trust that i am there, and chose that house, at the Spirit's prompting, and so i trust that i am there to learn something, that will change my mind in some way, and it usually becomes obvious now when i have gotten what i came for.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Hey, I'll rip a cursed fig tree and plant a blessed cedar tree any day. I am Lebanese after all, cedar trees are sacred where I come from.
Waited 49 years for an opportunity to bring that into a conversation. Congratulations! :pound:
:pound:

So true.

By the way: Psalms 92:12.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

Byblos wrote:This:
bbyrd009 wrote:only where did you get your "Trinity" doctrine from, not from any recognized prophets that i can read, so what now. Bring me the Witness that says "Trinity," and we will go from there then ok. This ends up being a counterfeit kind of meeting Him in the air, only it is Hot Air, and it is not meeting Him, anywhere, is it, it is essentially defining who can call themselves "accepted," so that they can be comfortable believing that they are saved, right now, and never mind what Scripture really has to say about that, either, because if i bring that up again, that Scripture, suddenly i will be incomprehensible again, and no one will be able to even understand what i am saying, again, so i must be the False Prophet, then, by association.
Contradicts this:
bbyrd009 wrote:So, understand why, when i say that i am perfectly fine with Trinity, the doctrine, as far as it goes, that is not acceptable, see, that is not "believing" it right, is it now. And let's be plain here; that is because i am not getting into the "spirit" of the doctrine, which was invented for a reason, and produces a fruit, that this situation now plainly points to, it simply could not be plainer.

It's like talking to two different people. Enough with the poetic B.S. It's either you accept the trinity and whatever else it entails or you don't. If you accept it, we're done. If you don't, state your case.
well, those only contradict each other to you, who let's say for argument's sake is not satisfied with my acceptance of Trinity doctrine--because that is what you just said, after all--that being that God is embodied in Word, is the Head of Christ, iow, and is also embodied in Word, as Spirit, is Pneuma and Dabhar and Breath, iow, and i do not believe that Jesus was God, but the Son of Man, just like He said, that had God as the Head, therefore God is manifest in the earth, in Christ, the spiritual was manifest into the physical, only for you i guess that results in Christ now being somewhere else, bodily, as God, and you are waiting for Jesus to bodily return, as God, which i do not accept, this harnessing of the Trinity, as i am calling it, and so this results in what you are defining "conflict," when the only conflict is the harness that produces the desired fruit, which you cannot name for some strange reason, no offense meant.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
Byblos wrote:
yes, congrats. You have had, what, 2 weeks to witness the fruit of your doctrine, and cannot, but you are quick with the condemnation, when you cannot understand, or rather don't want to, and the other guy is speaking in tongues to you. So, just keep skipping over those questions, that i am asking you, because after all, i am not insisting, am i; i am not demanding answers. So, go and water your cedar tree then, some more, your holy cedar.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:Still waiting for something, anything, that tells us we are to judge a doctrine by its fruit...

Bbyrd009,

Will you just admit that there's nothing in scripture that says that?
sure, no prob, when you admit that "false prophets" are always people, and that is all they can ever be.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
Byblos wrote:
yes, congrats. You have had, what, 2 weeks to witness the fruit of your doctrine, and cannot, but you are quick with the condemnation, when you cannot understand, or rather don't want to, and the other guy is speaking in tongues to you. So, just keep skipping over those questions, that i am asking you, because after all, i am not insisting, am i; i am not demanding answers. So, go and water your cedar tree then, some more, your holy cedar.
funny though, i don't read anywhere where Jesus came back the next day and planted any cedars, after cursing the fig tree. Hmm.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

So, both sides have testified now, and the fruit of either position is now evident, and the False Prophet has even been invoked, that we might be able to identify the False Prophet here, if he even exists. After all, who invented "Trinity" doctrine? Sure, it is attributed to someone, some Papist, no doubt, but when you go look deep enough, it was not just one guy. Nope. It was a group of guys, all in bed with each other, who most def had a purpose, which you better believe is not the stated purpose, because people with an agenda just do not go around stating their actual purposes.

And, did they even have an agenda? How can you tell? Boy, if there was only some way that we could tell, like, say, looking at the results, or something...lol. Like fruit is a puzzle now, we just cannot figure out how fruit applies to doctrines, even though people fight wars and die over them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Please don't babble in strange tongues if there's nobody who can interpret.

And btw bbyrd009,

I see the fruit in your theology. It's chopped candied fruit and/or dried fruit, nuts, and spices.
:fruitcake:

-Edward R Murrow

bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

So then, to make perfectly plain, i have no problems at all with your believing that Jesus is God, if you like. Pray to Him, even, if you want. But at least recognize where that leads; what the fruit is, ok. See why no one has pursued any of my many refs to Nehushtan, now, not a single one, i guess; and why you do not pick up any of those uncomfortable questions that i asked, right out of the Book. But you sure found "false prophet" quick enough; when it came time to plant your holy cedar.

Understand that there will be a time, though, when you will not be able to just ignore the questions, ok, because the jury will be waiting, and you are going to have to supply an answer, then. Right now we are just some anonymous people, talking, ok. If jokes is all you got, then i guess they will work, for now. I am ok with being the butt of your jokes. But know that then, when you cannot produce a Witness, for a cedar being planted there, and the prosecution can produce a Witness, for when cedars are planted in the place of figs, then no one is going to be laughing then, ok? Let the reader understand.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:Believers are called to be Christ-like // the Son of God // not like God. While Jesus Christ was here -- What Would Jesus Do -- in a given situation.
hey, you don't have to guess lol, He gave us explicit instructions. Go out two-by-two, meaning the two of you, crochet, 2 men in a bed, leave town, don't take a purse or extra shirt or shoes, just go, go out in the manner of a shepherd, and when you are welcomed somewhere, stay there until you leave that town, and "eat" what they give you.
So, see, we are literal enough when it suits us, huh, but then you have to run from, or ignore, literal instructions by Christ Himself, when it doesn't.

So, i came back to let you off the hook now, and suggest to you that you live in a town, right now, spiritually speaking, surrounded by your peers, who all believe pretty much what you do, and that you can "leave town" the both of you, right from your seat, whenever you like, and go to a "different town," without even having to pack, no purse, no extra shirt or shoes, whenever you like, and it might take a minute of searching, in this new town, to find someone who speaks to you, that you click with or whatever, but then "stay at that house, and eat whatever they put in front of you." Which does not mean that you have to believe everything that this foreign person in this different town believes, or anything, for that matter. Judge by the fruit, which is maybe a little more difficult spiritually speaking--because you can't directly witness the fruit first, like when you see someone's prize tomatoes, and then you start asking questions, trusting what they say because, after all, there is that tomato, talking to you, louder than any words--so i will tell you that i don't do this, when "travelling," i just trust that i am there, and chose that house, at the Spirit's prompting, and so i trust that i am there to learn something, that will change my mind in some way, and it usually becomes obvious now when i have gotten what i came for.

I'm going to take a moment to respond to this. I'm not on any hook for you to feel a need to take me Off of. I think that I was responding back to your comment about a person becoming a 'God' -- that Jesus Christ is the Son of God // that He, Jesus Christ is separate From God. He is God's Son. That Jesus Christ was here on earth as God incarnate. But He was here as the 2nd person of the Godhead. At No point in a person's life will he/she become a 'god' or be Like God. And that in our daily lives we are to think about / consider 'what would Jesus Christ do in any particular situation. As in -- we're invited to a party / from work -- and the entertainment is questionable as are the beverages being offered to drink. So -- would Jesus Leave the party? Would He stay and be a positive good example to follow. Make an opportunity to share a Good, clean story and drink water rather than alcohol? Act in an appropriate way with the other's in the party rather than flirting or whatever like everyone else Is doing?

What would Jesus Do in a given set of circumstances -- has Nothing to do with what you responded back with.

The principle of going out two by two Is Scriptural -- but a specific group of men were given those directions for a Reason. And none of your comments have any bearing on that.