Understanding the Trinity

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Understanding the Trinity

Post by RickD »

Jac3510 wrote:I don't like snobby children. The NERVE. Sheesh.

Snotty children are another matter. I have two of them. Always sick, those two. :-/
Snotty? Did you just call your children "snotty"?

The nerve of some people...
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
B. W. wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:me? responding? :lol: you gotta be kidding, right. i'll hold out for some witness of the fruit, wadr, ty.
Gal 5:22-26, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another." NKJV

Eph 5:9 NKJV, ...for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth...

Yes, bbyrd009 you indeed lack fruit... :fruitcake:

Have a nice day :wave:
-
-
-
How, pray tell, can a fruitcake lack fruit?
:ssorry: :bag: :innocent: :stirthepot:
this is you, calling people names. you wanted to know who was calling people names, right? well apparently you are. y#-o
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
B. W. wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:me? responding? :lol: you gotta be kidding, right. i'll hold out for some witness of the fruit, wadr, ty.
Gal 5:22-26, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another." NKJV

Eph 5:9 NKJV, ...for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth...

-
-
-
this is you, calling people names. you wanted to know who was calling people names, right? well apparently you are. y#-o
No, no, no. First of all, fruitcake is one name, not names(plural). Second, fruitcake is a term of endearment from me. It's my "nice" way of describing someone who holds to heretical theology. I prefer :fruitcake: instead of calling someone a heretic. Especially in this Christmas season. :mrgreen:

And btw, I have a pair of big boy pants that I wear when I log on to this forum. It's my protection against all the tears I'd cry from all the insults I get here.

I think the big boy pants are unisex, so maybe you could get a pair.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

AreEl
Recognized Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Considering a move to North Parricide in Jacob's Bosom.

Post by AreEl »

MY FEELINGS ARE HURT TOO!

RickD is a meanie!
Doing nothing is hard. You never know when you are finished.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

AreEl wrote:MY FEELINGS ARE HURT TOO!

RickD is a meanie!
I'm soooooo sorry! I guess I'm lacking fruit. I better go find the salvation I just lost.
:sailor:

-Edward R Murrow

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
B. W. wrote:

-
-
-
No, no, no. First of all, fruitcake is one name, not names(plural). Second, fruitcake is a term of endearment from me. It's my "nice" way of describing someone who holds to heretical theology. I prefer :fruitcake: instead of calling someone a heretic. Especially in this Christmas season. :mrgreen:

And btw, I have a pair of big boy pants that I wear when I log on to this forum. It's my protection against all the tears I'd cry from all the insults I get here.

I think the big boy pants are unisex, so maybe you could get a pair.
haha, thats cute. i think you may have to get your big boy pants out of the wad you have them in. i dont need boy pants, my women ones fit rather nicely. but it isnt me that you were calling fruitcake, so no real need for them. and, btw, what is your definiton of "heretical" theology?
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ah, Ricko - that boy's a charmer with the ladies, LOL. Now, he'll merely order them back into the kitchen - and they'll absolutely LOVE it. "Ooh, Rickie, you're so naughty!" They protest, but really, they dig a bad boy! Just ask Nessa! Word is that he actually stocks up on fruitcake this time of year - maybe he ate too much and is just a little cranky? y:-? Send him a samwich and he'll be good to go! :lol:

Seriously, though, that fruitcake smilie is sometimes appropriate for irrational posts and thinking. It effectively replaces a lot of words someone would merely ignore. But cake - now that gets their attention.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Jenna,

Heresy, as far as theology, is anything that is at odds with my beliefs.

Seriously though, heresy is:
belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine.

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

I never understood why we ought not call people names. I mean, isn't "Hey Rick" a lot better than "Hey, you with the funny nose"? I call my kids names every day -- Elly and Charlotte (or sometimes Charlie, Chuck, or Chuckles -- when Charlotte is Chuckles, Elly is usually Giggles). I don't call my wife names, though. I know better than that. With her, it's either "Love," "Dear," "Baby," or very often just "Master." 8-}2 y:D
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Jac3510 wrote:I never understood why we ought not call people names. I mean, isn't "Hey Rick" a lot better than "Hey, you with the funny nose"? I call my kids names every day -- Elly and Charlotte (or sometimes Charlie, Chuck, or Chuckles -- when Charlotte is Chuckles, Elly is usually Giggles). I don't call my wife names, though. I know better than that. With her, it's either "Love," "Dear," "Baby," or very often just "Master." 8-}2 y:D
yes it is true we call people names every day. however when those names can be hurtful, i do my best to not do that. i guess i can just call Rick sammich man? y/:]
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:Jenna,

belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine.
i figured as much, that anything heretic would be something against what you believe. in that case i better not say any more, or you might try to burn me at the stake. :P
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Jenna, I was serious with my comments. Where did I call a name other than Sir? And the point I made I believe is very relevant. There are stupid questions, and I believe the ones I asked at the end of my own post are just as stupid as the fruits of the Trinity question.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

My wife has a very clean mouth. The worst word that I usually hear her say, is "freakin".

So, I'll never forget the time she got really mad at me, and called me a "little $hit".
:lol:

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:Jenna,

i figured as much, that anything heretic would be something against what you believe. in that case i better not say any more, or you might try to burn me at the stake. :P
I hope you know I was joking about saying that heresy is anything that is at odds with what I believe.

And, I'd only burn you at the stake, after you make me a sammich.

-Edward R Murrow