'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: 'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

Post by RickD »

You have three choices regarding posting quotes from another site.

1) post a link to the URL.

2) stop copy and pasting conversations in other forums, and just address the questions yourself.

3) continue posting quotes with no URL, and I will delete your posts
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:And you have just shown again, with this answer, why I asked the question. When addressing fairly straightforward questions, instead of giving an answer with a brief explanation, you write a novel consisting of very vague answers. You don't even give an answer to the question.
ok, so see that i am waiting for an answer now, ok, which i normally expect my actual questions, not asked from "Why?" to be taken rhetorically, these days; but now i need to know--

is it ok to export your question to me, with my long winded and complete answer, that did not serve you, to another site, with a direct link back to here, for purposes of illumination? ty
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:And you have just shown again, with this answer, why I asked the question. When addressing fairly straightforward questions, instead of giving an answer with a brief explanation, you write a novel consisting of very vague answers. You don't even give an answer to the question.
ok, so see that i am waiting for an answer now, ok, which i normally expect my actual questions, not asked from "Why?" to be taken rhetorically, these days; but now i need to know--

is it ok to export your question to me, with my long winded and complete answer, in complete form (that did not serve you), names and all, to another site, with a direct link back to here, for purposes of illumination? ty
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

is it ok to export your question to me, with my long winded and complete answer, in complete form (that did not serve you), names and all, to another site, with a direct link back to here, for purposes of illumination? ty
I really don't know. People find it a lot easier if you just answer questions directly. And if you're not sure what someone is saying, simply ask for clarification, without writing a novel that has no relevance to the subject at hand.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

I really don't know. People find it a lot easier if you just answer questions directly.
which one, Rick?
you really don't know, or the other one?
in that context, don't those two directly contradict each other?
(and, i didn't get an answer)
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:Is it even possible for you to have a rational, intelligible conversation?

I'm being serious. Do you have a problem because of your autism?
well, i don't see it as a problem, RickD, it is completely normal to me. I just do not function well, socially speaking, according to most other people; i miss the cues that women who are (or rather, used to be) attracted to me give, those normal things that people do, that i just don't connect properly with their intent, because after all if you are attracted to me, then why not say so? (in this example)

of course there are perfectly valid reasons, that have to do with ego, ego preservation, ok, that i have come to understand on an intellectual level as i have gotten older.

But see that i am not afforded the same luxury you have, now, of asking you "Is it even possible for you to have a rational, intelligible conversation?" i, also, am being serious. Was the question @ "Trinity" unclear, or is there some other reason that you have not Testified to your Belief there, and stood up for it, yet? You seemed quite passionate, about your belief there, earlier today. Until i suggested the most basic, fundamental Christian yardstick, from which to evaluate it?

But you ask me if it is even possible for me to have a rational, intelligible convo, with a straight face?

and look, i can see how this is going to be taken, alright. I don't mean to dwell on this, and don't care about that, that part. At all. I could have served myself much better to just ignore this post of yours, and not replied to it, and let people see what they would see, in your post.

So understand now, how i give you back "the hand," and prolly appear to be saving my ego, now, or trying to--that many might see this, regardless--when you had just gifted me the hand, and i had the high ground, and i could have just shut up, ok? Making this post can only be a loser, for me, iow; i cannot possibly "win" here.

Have you stopped beating your mother yet? :)

The key to this appears to be that " I don't see it as a problem....it is completely normal to me....I just do not function well, socially speaking, according to most other people........."
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:Is it even possible for you to have a rational, intelligible conversation?

well, i don't see it as a problem, RickD, it is completely normal to me. I just do not function well, socially speaking, according to most other people; i miss the cues that women who are (or rather, used to be) attracted to me give, those normal things that people do, that i just don't connect properly with their intent, because after all if you are attracted to me, then why not say so? (in this example)

of course there are perfectly valid reasons, that have to do with ego, ego preservation, ok, that i have come to understand on an intellectual level as i have gotten older.

But see that i am not afforded the same luxury you have, now, of asking you "Is it even possible for you to have a rational, intelligible conversation?" i, also, am being serious. Was the question @ "Trinity" unclear, or is there some other reason that you have not Testified to your Belief there, and stood up for it, yet? You seemed quite passionate, about your belief there, earlier today. Until i suggested the most basic, fundamental Christian yardstick, from which to evaluate it?

But you ask me if it is even possible for me to have a rational, intelligible convo, with a straight face?

and look, i can see how this is going to be taken, alright. I don't mean to dwell on this, and don't care about that, that part. At all. I could have served myself much better to just ignore this post of yours, and not replied to it, and let people see what they would see, in your post.

So understand now, how i give you back "the hand," and prolly appear to be saving my ego, now, or trying to--that many might see this, regardless--when you had just gifted me the hand, and i had the high ground, and i could have just shut up, ok? Making this post can only be a loser, for me, iow; i cannot possibly "win" here.

The key to this appears to be that " I don't see it as a problem....it is completely normal to me....I just do not function well, socially speaking, according to most other people........."
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

bbyrd009 wrote:well, i don't see it as a problem, RickD, it is completely normal to me. I just do not function well, socially speaking, according to most other people; i miss the cues that women who are (or rather, used to be) attracted to me give, those normal things that people do, that i just don't connect properly with their intent, because after all if you are attracted to me, then why not say so? (in this example)

Why not just say so? Good question.

Humans are...complex. Apart from blondes - according to Rick... So ask them instead :consent:
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

:lol: whaddya want me to say, crochet; yes, i am damaged, ok. While it might make me obnoxious sometimes, the social cluelessness does not extend to unintelligibility, no matter how much you or Rick might want to suggest that that is so, ok. I didn't say "socially speaking" like that, i meant socially inept, devoid, whatever, and even gave an example to make it clear, and you are just being clever now. If my posts don't make any sense to you, then they were just for someone else.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

Nessa wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:well, i don't see it as a problem, RickD, it is completely normal to me. I just do not function well, socially speaking, according to most other people; i miss the cues that women who are (or rather, used to be) attracted to me give, those normal things that people do, that i just don't connect properly with their intent, because after all if you are attracted to me, then why not say so? (in this example)

Why not just say so? Good question.

Humans are...complex. Apart from blondes - according to Rick... So ask them instead :consent:
ha, ty, so i gotta 'what the heck are you talking about,' anna 'you go,' and i still don't have an answer :lol:
k g'night
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Maybe I'm just old fashioned but If / when I've been attracted to a man -- I'm not going to "'just tell him". If he finds Me attractive , the man can take the initiate to show it in a socially acceptable manner. Like "Hi" and continue with a bit of small talk and observe my reactions in return.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

I still remember when kerry rung me up on the phone and told me that he liked me more than a friend. He was so nervous poor guy. Almost 24 years later and the fool still likes me y:D
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Nessa wrote:I still remember when kerry rung me up on the phone and told me that he liked me more than a friend. He was so nervous poor guy. Almost 24 years later and the fool still likes me y:D

That's so sweet -- and how it Should be. :ebiggrin:
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:Maybe I'm just old fashioned but If / when I've been attracted to a man -- I'm not going to "'just tell him". If he finds Me attractive , the man can take the initiate to show it in a socially acceptable manner. Like "Hi" and continue with a bit of small talk and observe my reactions in return.
well, i hope you understand that that was an expose` of my disease, wherein i acknowledge a shortcoming of mine, and admit that it is me who is deficient there. While i still hold that the woman should come to the man, of course you would not do that so directly, i now know, but merely signal your interest in some manner (that would go right over my head), and let nature take its course from there.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:Maybe I'm just old fashioned but If / when I've been attracted to a man -- I'm not going to "'just tell him". If he finds Me attractive , the man can take the initiate to show it in a socially acceptable manner. Like "Hi" and continue with a bit of small talk and observe my reactions in return.
well, i hope you understand that that was an expose` of my disease, wherein i acknowledge a shortcoming of mine, and admit that it is me who is deficient there. While i still hold that the woman should come to the man, of course you would not do that so directly, i now know, but merely signal your interest in some manner (that would go right over my head), and let nature take its course from there.
See, Rick has it all sorted..

In his world, if the women likes a man, she just has to go up to the him and offer him a sammich.

The guy either eats it or declines.

Such a simple world he lives in...