Sight or Sound?

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!

Sight or Sound

I would rather lose my sight
20%
I would rather lose my hearing
80%

Total votes: 5

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Sight or Sound?

Post by Nessa »

If you had to choose whether to lose sight or hearing, what would you decide and why?
theophilus
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Sight or Sound?

Post by theophilus »

If I had a choice I would definitely rather lost my hearing. Part of the reason is that my hearing isn't very good now. It is useless for me to watch a tv program or a dvd that isn't closed captioned because I wouldn't be able to understand what is going on in it. To lose my hearing completely wouldn't make a whole lot of difference.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

Hearing, obviously. You can learn to lip-read and that sign language as opposed to seeing nothing for the rest of your life.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

IceMobster wrote:Hearing, obviously. You can learn to lip-read and that sign language as opposed to seeing nothing for the rest of your life.
I dont think it's obvious..

Human beings place alot of empasis on seeing yet ironically the bible doesn't always place the same value...

Blessed are those who believe and dont see...

I am not saying seeing is not important, only that I believe the ability to hear is often taken for granted and not always valued.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Nessa wrote:Blessed are those who believe and dont see...
Nope, that is out of context. Blessed are those who haven't seen but yet believe. Meaning, who haven't seen risen Christ but, despite that, believe(d).
Has nothing to do with blindness.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Disagree.

It is perfectly in context. Alot of people have an an attitude if they just see with their eyes they will believe . And not just about God but the whole attiude of believing anyhing if we just 'see it'. There is alot of emphasis that is put on physical sight.

I was looking at this subject in a wider context but that does not put me out of context.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Nessa wrote:Disagree.

It is perfectly in context. Alot of people have an an attitude if they just see with their eyes they will believe . And not just about God but the whole attiude of believing anyhing if we just 'see it'. There is alot of emphasis that is put on physical sight.

I was looking at this subject in a wider context but that does not put me out of context.
It is nowhere near perfectly in context. You are blessed because you believe in Christ even though you haven't seen Him. Not because of some sight impairment, lol.