Science vs Zeteticism?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
jalvarez4Jesus
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Science vs Zeteticism?

Post by jalvarez4Jesus »

I wanted to know from the fellow members here which method they think is better for coming to sound conclusions about the world we live in: Science or Zeteticism.

To sum up the differences, Science starts with a hypothesis, then seeks to test it with experiments. If the hypothesis is tested to be correct after much experimentation, it has more certainty of being true. But Zeteticism starts with experiments and then makes a conclusion based on all the evidence. In other words, the hypothesis and testing stages are reversed between science and zeteticism.

Question: Which should a researcher use? Which is better?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Science vs Zeteticism?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I would say Zeteticism is better.Because hypothesis's are not always tested properly yet are accepted as true according to science.I'm an evidence based person.Don't be telling me something is true if you have no evidence to back it up especially if it is science.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Re: Science vs Zeteticism?

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

jalvarez4Jesus wrote:But Zeteticism starts with experiments and then makes a conclusion based on all the evidence.
After making a conclusion, wouldn't you want to design experiments to test the conclusion?
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson