So hydro power is going to burn up the planet now

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

So hydro power is going to burn up the planet now

Post by Jac3510 »

https://www.americanbazaaronline.com/20 ... udy417804/
Hydropower has always been touted as a clean source of generating electricity, despite of the facts that it displaces thousands of people from their natural abodes, destroys their lives and livelihoods and submerges huge amounts of lands and forests.

Now, a new study claims that it is also accelerating global warming (See: http://www.pulseheadlines.com/hydropowe ... ing/51365/).
This is why I just don't care about global warming arguments. It isn't that I'm a climate change denier, nor is it that I deny that human beings are causing it. It's that articles like this make me want to throw my hands up and say, "Ya know what? I don't even care!"

Fossil fuel is bad, as we all know. So stop with all the coal (including "clean coal"). Solar panels are bad for the environment. So wind is okay, right? Nope! And obviously nuclear isn't an option. And now, per the link above, we can't even use hydro.

Really, it's just stupid. When someone simply cannot be pleased, I lose any and all interest in pleasing them. This is what I do know: almost 800 million kids don't have enough food today, and 13% of the world's population is undernourished. Well over a billion people have no electricity, which directly contributes to the three billion people on our planet who are in poverty. And I know this: if everyone in the world had power, had electricity, those numbers would be DRASTICALLY reduced. I don't care if that electricity is made with oil, wind, water, nuclear, and solar, and any other types of means. I care about the fact that people are hurting and dying. And I frankly don't care that in 100 years our coastlines are going to be different than they are today or that polar bears will die. Sorry. I don't care. People will adapt.

I DO believe in general principles of conservationism. I don't think we ought to be wasteful. I think we ought to try to have clean water, for instance. But I am unabashed in saying that I hold all of those things for our benefit. I want clean water for myself and my children. I want clean air and a healthy ozone so that my grand kids don't get cancer, not so that polar bears live longer. (Sorry for picking on the polar bears. They just get no love from me!)

[/rant]
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: So hydro power is going to burn up the planet now

Post by Kurieuo »

Just don't fart because that increases global warming too.

I think what it comes down to is that humans are just bad for the environment and need to stop existing altogether. Then they'll be happy, or err, dead.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
AreEl
Recognized Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Considering a move to North Parricide in Jacob's Bosom.

Post by AreEl »

Jac3510 wrote: When someone simply cannot be pleased, I lose any and all interest in pleasing them.
Then why do you keep discussing with Audie and kenny?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Everything we do affects the environment.
Everything that happens IN the environment, affects the environment.
We are out of balance, out of harmony with nature and THAT is the problem.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

AreEl wrote:
Jac3510 wrote: When someone simply cannot be pleased, I lose any and all interest in pleasing them.
Then why do you keep discussing with Audie and kenny?
I haven't said anything to Kenny in God knows how long. And, as much as I wish it were otherwise, I wouldn't classify my exchanges with Audie as "discussions."
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Katabole
Valued Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by Katabole »

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/inte ... -expected/

Sun’s Drop in Energy Output Stronger than Expected

"I have been warning that global warming is really a hoax, for the major issue is that the sun is a thermodynamic system, which means that it does not provide a steady output. There is a 300-year cycle to this entire phenomenon.
Experts say that solar activity has fallen to levels not seen since the mini-ice age that took place between 1645 and 1715 known as the Maunder Minimum.

While the global warming advocates want to blame everything on CO2 levels, hard evidence from ice core samples indicate that spikes in CO2 levels trailed increases in global temperature by about 200 years. This has caused people to question the validity of their theories. Of course, the cycle with CO2 level spikes predates human activity with combustion engines by hundreds of thousands of years.

Environment Minister Hendricks of the EU wants to regulate cow farting, claiming that it creates more global warming than cars.
Volcanoes can—and do—influence the global climate. Mount Tambora erupted in 1816 and threw so much ash into the air that it snowed during the summer in New York City. The event became known as “18-hundred-and-froze-to-death.”
The problem is that global warming is like trying to analyze a market by only looking at short positions and never the longs. CO2 levels are an aspect, but the major aspect remains the energy output of the sun that dictates the major cycle, which is heading back into a cooling phase that no degree of CO2 levels will overcome."

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/inte ... d-maximum/

NASA Reports Antarctic Sea Ice Reaches New Record Maximum

"NASA has reported that Antarctic sea ice (different from Arctic ice) reached a new record maximum. Meanwhile, top Russian scientist Dr. Habibullo Abdussamatov, who is the head of space research for the Pulkovo Observatory at the Russian Academy of Sciences, has come out and stated that the new mini-Ice Age began at the end of 2015. Using data from ice core samples, our models also targeted 2015.75 as the turning point in the decline in energy output of the sun.

Human-caused climate change is highly scientifically controversial, mainly because the data set does not account for the natural climate changes over the centuries. The energy output of the sun has been totally ignored and advocates focus entirely on CO2 levels. This appears to be more like the myth that rising interest rates are bearish for the market because people only remember the last rate hike and not the overall trend that led into the high when rates were constantly rising."

Seems California wants to secede from the Union if Trump wins because Trump does not believe in man-made climate change/ Global warming.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-0 ... l-election

From the article. Point #7

7. THE ENVIRONMENT California is a global leader on environmental issues. However, as long as the other states continue debating whether or not climate change is real, they will continue holding up real efforts to reduce carbon emissions. The truth is this country accounts for less than five percent of the world’s population yet consumes one-third of the world’s paper, a quarter of the world’s oil, 27 percent of the aluminum, 23 percent of the coal, and 19 percent of the copper. Independence means California will be able to negotiate treaties to not only reduce the human impact on our climate but also to help build global resource sustainability.

Trump needs to give California a good cleansing.
There are two types of people in our world: those who believe in Christ and those who will.

If Christianity is a man-made religion, then why is its doctrine vehemently against all of man's desires?

Every one that is of the truth hears my voice. Jesus from John 18:37