Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

:shakehead: I really can't believe you guys are mocking Neo's situation.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote::shakehead: I really can't believe you guys are mocking Neo's situation.
Mocking is definitely the wrong word. I can't believe you think we are actually being cruel to Neo.

:shakehead:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote::shakehead: I really can't believe you guys are mocking Neo's situation.
Mocking is definitely the wrong word. I can't believe you think we are actually being cruel to Neo.

I know if I was in Neo's situation and I read the last thing K wroteI would definitely see that as mocking me.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:

I know if I was in Neo's situation and I read the last thing K wroteI would definitely see that as mocking me.
Well then, thankfully Neo doesn't get upset at every little thing like you do. Actually, I don't know anybody who gets as upset as you do, over something like that.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:Actually, I don't know anybody who gets as upset as you do, over something like that.
See! You've forgotten me already..

:crying:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:Actually, I don't know anybody who gets as upset as you do, over something like that.

No, even 1,000 women with pms don't get upset like Daniel does.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

RickD wrote:
Actually, I don't know anybody who gets as upset as you do, over something like that.

Ness: See! You've forgotten me already..

Yes, but Ness is, well, you know... one of THOSE! :lol:
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:

I guess I better not ask him if he really lives in a box under a bridge in Toowoomba like FL says...

:bag:
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:

Well then, thankfully Neo doesn't get upset at every little thing like you do. Actually, I don't know anybody who gets as upset as you do, over something like that.
Why do you presume I am upset? I think it is disgusting and deplorable, but I don't get upset over it, I have come to expect to see the worst in people, and even more so expect it from Christians, including myself, what's the point of getting upset about it, nothing is going to change.

Calling something out for what it is, is not being upset. 8-}2
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:

See this, once again it is a vain attempt to paint me as irrational and emotional to disparage and disregard anything I have to say. These are the dirty tactics and hidden agenda of the far right. :pound:

But seriously though, stop doing it, it just makes you look foolish.
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:

Mocking Neo-X? Oh, grow some skin and get some perspective Dan. More like mocking your previous comments.
You'll condone persecution of your brothers and sisters, but then baulk on that, seriously?

You don't like my comments, I don't like someone who calls themself a Christian, but then have their brothers and sisters in Christ charged and punished for following Christ. Due to that, I see you as a danger and insult to Christ's church, and feel quite seriously saddened by you.

I hope you can take a good look over yourself, gain some much needed perspective. I'd expect your views from non-Christians, but not a fellow Christian. You know where the door is if you can't stand my type, since I condone Christians who in your eyes will be responsible millions of deaths simply for sticking to their beliefs.

I'll simply leave you with one verse that I think you should pay careful consideration to.

Romans 10:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Maybe you should take heed of that verse K, I don't think it means what you want it to.

I will never condone Christians persecuting people or anybody else for that matter, they are conforming to the pattern of this world and should rightfully be pursued by the law as you would any other criminal action.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I do find it hilarious and very telling that you tell me to grow a thicker skin when you make light of someone's real life or death situation, but baulk at Christians being sued for not baking a cake or what have you and jump up and down because of their perceived "persecution". I don't think you would know real persecution if it jumped up and bit you in the butt.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I will never condone Christians persecuting people or anybody else for that matter...
Yes, I expect you think as much, but you have been blinded Dan. The evidence to the contrary can be found by anyone who cares to read in your previous posts in this thread.
K wrote:
D220 wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:We're talking about cakes here. Now you're moving the goal posts. In cases of violence, you might recall what I wrote a few posts back. This isn't a debating game to me.

I often design websites for people. If a person came to me, wanting me to provide them with a website that is an activist gay website, and I refused, what should my punishment be Dan?
Under the anti discrimination laws you could be charged and rightfully so.

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/employer ... ation-laws

But you could just give no reason for turning it down and that would be acceptable.
Notwithstanding I don't see any discrimination against a person, you'd consider my non-compliance to create an activist gay website as discrimination, would have me charged, "and rightfully so".

Only, you say, unless I remain silent about my reasons.
This speaks volumes to me.

Please, anyone reading, pause... and let what Dan has just said sink in.

Thanks Dan, for showing where you stand. But, I must say I'm quite repulsed and offended that you'd have me (and other Christians and people) punished for holding to their beliefs.

How ironic that you claim to be Christian, and yet would join the world in oppressing of Christians.
If you can't see how extreme your views are, then here I rest.
Dan wrote:If you can't see how you views are extreme [condoning someone not making a cake with a pro-gay marriage message due to their moral beliefs, or not making a pro-gay activist website] in oppressing minorities and how this leads to a society that murders millions, I cannot help you.

You think my views are extreme because I support Christian persecution (which I don't [unless they don't remain silent with their Christian beliefs or go against following Christ when someone classified in a "minority" group asks them to do so]), I think your views are extreme for allowing and supporting Christians to persecute others, which in my opinion is worse!! (square brackets mine)
Your words above, quite clearly reveal to me, you support persecution of Christians, while you think you don't.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I don't support Christian persecution, I don't agree with your reasoning for allowing Christians to persecute others, it's as simple as that.