Homosexuality

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

"I never said you admit that you are not an active participant of Church. I said you put it that way yourself."

And what does "I put it that way myself" mean? Because by all that is logical, you said I admit I don't go to church.

"I never used the word "admit" in that sentence, therefore you must of admit it yourself or else why would you bring that up?"

What does it matter what word I used? You're arguing semantics here, the meaning is still there. You pretty much said I said I don't go to church and there is no way for you to twist it around. Instead, you could simply admit you were wrong.

"You did put it yourself from earlier discussion when I asked you about spirits and you deny the help of experienced Pastor to lead you to God, and your "spirit" being your mentor."

You see, I have a very good memory. You asked me to get a Christian who has been a Christian all his life as my mentor. You never mentioned pastor, and I'm guessing you're trying to use more manipulation to make me think I said things I never did. In addition, I did not say spirit. I said Spirit, hoping you would understand what I meant. Guess Who gets His names capitalised no matter what? Just in case you still don't get it, the Spirit is the Holy Spirit. You know, God...
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Mastermind wrote:"I never said you admit that you are not an active participant of Church. I said you put it that way yourself."

And what does "I put it that way myself" mean? Because by all that is logical, you said I admit I don't go to church.

"I never used the word "admit" in that sentence, therefore you must of admit it yourself or else why would you bring that up?"

What does it matter what word I used? You're arguing semantics here, the meaning is still there. You pretty much said I said I don't go to church and there is no way for you to twist it around. Instead, you could simply admit you were wrong.

"You did put it yourself from earlier discussion when I asked you about spirits and you deny the help of experienced Pastor to lead you to God, and your "spirit" being your mentor."

You see, I have a very good memory. You asked me to get a Christian who has been a Christian all his life as my mentor. You never mentioned pastor, and I'm guessing you're trying to use more manipulation to make me think I said things I never did. In addition, I did not say spirit. I said Spirit, hoping you would understand what I meant. Guess Who gets His names capitalised no matter what? Just in case you still don't get it, the Spirit is the Holy Spirit. You know, God...
I am not the one that is manipulating you, you are the one thats manipulating yourself.

How do you confirm that your spirit is the Holy Spirit?

Spiritual realm is very complex. If you didn't even attempt in confirming [which you obviously didn't because you denied to have a mentor to guide you to confirm] then you have no speaking right to say you have the Holy Spirit from God thats in you. I don't see why God would try to justify killing, swearing to "vent anger" away when God knows that there wouldn't be any anger to begin with when you're by his side, and encouraging people to engage with symbol of Satan, and now homosexuality to prevent the spreading of humanity.

Is that truly what the Holy Spirit is about?
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

<i>I am not the one that is manipulating you, you are the one thats manipulating yourself.</i>

Perhaps, but your mere opinion isn't enough to verify that.

<i>How do you confirm that your spirit is the Holy Spirit?</i>

Because He is. It is difficult to explain why I know He is. I have been shown how I may find Him. Within an instant, all doubt, fear, hate, desperation evaporated, and I could "see" Him clearer than the day. It is the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, our Lord and God. You are asking me to question God Himself. When I see one of your posts, I cannot help but remember when Jesus was tempted by the devil. I know you are trying to help me, but I don't think you know enough about me to be qualified to truly help me.

"Spiritual realm is very complex. If you didn't even attempt in confirming [which you obviously didn't because you denied to have a mentor to guide you to confirm] then you have no speaking right to say you have the Holy Spirit from God thats in you."

Au contraire, I do. I used to do a lot of reading when I was younger, and the spiritual realm has always been a fascination of mine. If I need help, I seek out the information. The lack of a mentor does not mean I cannot confirm anything. I have been shown how I may find God, and I have. Any real mentor would have told me the same thing.

"I don't see why God would try to justify killing, swearing to "vent anger" away when God knows that there wouldn't be any anger to begin with when you're by his side, and encouraging people to engage with symbol of Satan, and now homosexuality to prevent the spreading of humanity."

I rarely swear, and if I do I usually regret it. I already explained what I meant about the anger part, but you continue to ignore that part and simply point out at a mistake I have rectified. And what are you talking about? When did I encourage people to engage with the "symbol of Satan"? And when did I encourage homosexuality? I have said it before and I will say it again, I grow tired of you twisting my words.

"Is that truly what the Holy Spirit is about?"

I would no longer expect you to know. Somebody who uses such manipulation of words and outright lies cannot come from God. If you truly are from God, stop with your lies and deceit, or I will simply assume you serve Satan and discontinue any further communication with you. May God forgive both of our sins.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

How am I lying?

How am I twisting your words?

Go look at your own post and tell me what those post means to you.

You are the one that is using deception on people.

You are trying to make it seem like it is not wrong when in fact it is wrong, that is deception!

Would you like me to dig up your post for you?
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

SourceofLiFe wrote:How am I lying?

How am I twisting your words?

Go look at your own post and tell me what those post means to you.

You are the one that is using deception on people.

You are trying to make it seem like it is not wrong when in fact it is wrong, that is deception!

Would you like me to dig up your post for you?
Show me one thing please. Show me where I encourage homosexual behaviour and I will retract every word.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Mastermind wrote:Either one works. Just remember that simply being gay isn't a sin, just acting upon the desire.
You are implying that it is not wrong for being gay and just acting upon desire.

Did you know that desire are temptations and temptations are the proper channel for Satan to utilized?

Just look at how Satan tries to tempt Jesus.

This is already one quote that basically say "it is not wrong to be homosexual" if it is not wrong, then it makes it a option for people to turn toward homosexuality because it's not wrong.

That is how you put it.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I apologise if i made that statement was too vague(it made sense to me at the time, and still does, but can understand why you would take it the wrong way). I said being gay isn't a sin, just acting on the desire. What it means is that being gay isn't a sin as long as you don't act on it.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Mastermind wrote:I apologise if i made that statement was too vague(it made sense to me at the time, and still does, but can understand why you would take it the wrong way). I said being gay isn't a sin, just acting on the desire. What it means is that being gay isn't a sin as long as you don't act on it.
I hope that is what you truly meant and not trying to manipulate it again.

I'm glad you apologized but I still don't see it how it's not wrong.

You could easily make it : being gay isn't a sin, just that acting upon the desire is a sin:

Not to hard to add the "is" at the end.

I hope you're not trying to change the meaning again at last minute.

Regardless, lets just end this as I'm sure we get to the final points already and pointless to carry on.

May peace be with you.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Well, you are the only one who misunderstood it :p
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Mastermind wrote:Well, you are the only one who misunderstood it :p
I wouldn't say only one.

If I can misunderstand it, others can too.

Maybe you are the one who cannot communicate properly to your points?
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Well, only one who openly misunderstood. I admit my sentence could be taken either way, but this is not the only topic in which I've expressed my opinion on the issue, there are older ones in which I have stated the exact same thing, so you cannot claim I twisted it around.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Actually, I take that back. You had no reason to misinterpret, as I believe this post of mine should have made it clear that I believe homosexual acts are a sin.

Mastermind wrote:Seeing how you don't even understand what being gay is, and probably haven't read the verses, which clearly depict homosexual ACTS as a sin, I'm not even going to bother with you.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Mastermind wrote:Actually, I take that back. You had no reason to misinterpret, as I believe this post of mine should have made it clear that I believe homosexual acts are a sin.

Mastermind wrote:Seeing how you don't even understand what being gay is, and probably haven't read the verses, which clearly depict homosexual ACTS as a sin, I'm not even going to bother with you.
This is funny, I won't waste my time with you anymore.

You are battling with yourself. Not me.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

You're right, it is a waste of time because we don't understand each other. Since you are so gifted with knowledge, perhaps you can do something more useful and answer my oral sex question. Please? :p
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I think this thread has now finished ;)

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)