Donald J Trump;The Long Road To The white House

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Donald J Trump;The Long Road To The white House

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Ann Coulter : This Hidden Fact Predicts Terrorism
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2016- ... #read_more

From the link:
Obama is a hapless fool, but what is so special about the words "radical Islam"? Maybe it's not radical Islam. Maybe it's just "Islam."
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Ann Coulter : This Hidden Fact Predicts Terrorism
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2016- ... #read_more

From the link:
Obama is a hapless fool, but what is so special about the words "radical Islam"? Maybe it's not radical Islam. Maybe it's just "Islam."
Pretty much. The way I figure it, from what I've read of the Koran and other writings from around the time, If Muhammad were alive today, he would scold ISIS. Not for being too brutal, but not being brutal enough.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

This song should be Trump's campaign song.

Peace Sells
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS4eJRQOCzs
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

We just had another Islamic terrorist attack in France.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1447619/a ... or-attack/
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Hortator wrote:Pretty much. The way I figure it, from what I've read of the Koran and other writings from around the time, If Muhammad were alive today, he would scold ISIS. Not for being too brutal, but not being brutal enough.
The same can be said of many historical leaders. How do you imagine Julius Caesar or Tomás de Torquemada would run the war on terror? Treating enemy civilians with restraint and forgoing the traditional raping and pillaging is a fairly recent development. Releasing prisoners rather than killing, crippling, or enslaving them is, too. Mohamed lived in an incredibly violent world, and he was a product of his time. Or to look at it slightly differently, maybe Jesus was preaching peace, but as soon as they got a whiff of power his followers were just as brutal as everybody else. So maybe Jesus was ahead of his time, but Christians damned sure weren't. But so what? It's fallacious to judge ancient people by modern standards. Ancient ideas are something else entirely.
abelcainsbrother wrote:We just had another Islamic terrorist attack in France.
We know. You're not the only one with a television.

Anyway, yet again a horrific crime was perpetrated by a member of a sociopathic death cult that needs to be stomped out of existence. I hope that people are able to see that for what it is, rather than trying to pin it on the nearly 1.7 billion Muslims who weren't involved. ISIS wants a holy war. I hope we have more sense than to give them one.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Imo, though some try to hide it and pretend the world is very stable and everything is running just fine, I feel that there hasn't been this much instability in the world since the previous world wars. Putin not long ago stated just as much, we're quickly approaching a point of no return.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I would say that the ONLY reasons the world hasn't yet come apart completely are 1) God's sustaining it/holding it together (as combustive as it is) and 2) His people and His influence (and His influence is even in people who do not know Him, but know right from wrong).

But people having the impression that things are the worst they have ever been have very selective memories - or at least knowledge - of a blood-soaked past, filled with all manner of atrocities. Think of the carnage of various madmen and armies of the past, the Romans killing Christians for sport in the coliseum, the common cult prostitutes, the sacrificing of children to the many false deities, the much wider practice of slavery, the FAR worse treatment (worldwide) of those of a minority from the surrounding population. And what we also have now is a 24/7 press that so much that was unknown in the past is now reported. What we in America think of the 1950s as some sort of golden age - what if you were black in 1955 - not so great, eh? So, things have been far worse, in many ways, in the past. The only thing that is significantly more empowering of evil is that technology has produced weaponry that, for the first time, can do catastrophic destruction in moments, and with a worldwide reach. And the common person can easily obtain the tools and instructions to do despicable acts. But the ancient world had just as much evil, but not as powerful technologies to enact it - that's the big difference. We now have the ability to destroy the planet.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Kurieuo wrote:Imo, though some try to hide it and pretend the world is very stable and everything is running just fine, I feel that there hasn't been this much instability in the world since the previous world wars. Putin not long ago stated just as much, we're quickly approaching a point of no return.
The world, or at least the developed world, was fairly stable up until 9/11 and our tragically ill-conceived response. But yeah, that stability seems to be waning. That's part of why I worry so much about Trump and his race-baiting, identity-politics strategy. I think that ISIS wants chaos, and nothing would help their cause more than a conflict between Islam and the West. That's exactly what Trump is trying to create.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ed: I think that ISIS wants chaos, and nothing would help their cause more than a conflict between Islam and the West. That's exactly what Trump is trying to create.
WHATEVER one thinks of Trump, of his tapping into very reasonable and understandable fears, make no mistake about it, the Islamists in all their many factions, are the ones that have put us in this position. Has the West made decisions that have not been helpful? Of course. But for maniacs who celebrate and encourage the butchering of women, children and noncombatants, ANY excuse to murder and cause mayhem will do! It's because they need their boogeymen (The "Christian" West/ The Crusaders) to inflame their masses. No matter what we do, they'll hate us. Can any nation change it's past? And what, pray tell, is a reasonable response: Do nothing against targets that we KNOW are constantly plotting and will come at us again and again?

So, Ed, what I want to know is not about how we might have played into the Islamists hands, but what do you think we should do to stop the carnage? Talk nice? Be nice? Withdraw from every Islamic land? Do you really think that people more than willing to massacre their own Islamic peoples are going to respond positively to ANY of our overtures or changes in policies? Do we just do NOTHING but change policies, increase security, and just WAIT and absorb massacre after massacre? How do you stop those with such a mentality?

Just yesterday, international news out of Iraq had an interview with an ISIS fighter captured by Kurdish forces. Just look what he said:

"The mission was to take over the nation, and kill infidels and fellow Muslims who stood in their way, he said.

“Everything was about setting the role of Shariah [Islamic law],” he said. “We have to have a world based on Shariah.

We were told that yes, people here are Muslims, but they are not the right Muslims,”

Now, Ed, do you in your wildest imagination believe that ANY Western countries would ever have policies that even remotely line up with the preferences of other Mideastern Islamic states? And note that the leadership and policies in these many states are often targeted and intensely hated by the Islamists. NOTHING the West can do, or will do, will ever satisfy such people. They know only one thing: Superior force and draconian responses. You can't have it both ways. We cannot protect ourselves by giving into to their ever-changing demands. Even many if not most Muslims hate what these monsters are doing - TO OTHER MUSLIMS. But many are quite happy they are attacking the West. And to entirely disengage from the Middle East means the Islamists get the oil and the money, power and unthinkable scale and escalation of mayhem they can then produce. Think of the catastrophic economic and political collapse of the Western democracies that would ensue! So, NO, we can't satisfy these people by disengaging. And those, like the Saudis, DON'T WANT us to disengage - as they are as afraid of the Islamists as anyone in the West.

But the Islamic Republics are all perfectly willing to do what the West is so often criticized for, and that is killing these guys wherever and whenever they can. Funny how they realize that appeasement is impossible and doesn't work. Why should we think any differently? Of course, the Islamic governments have long appeased the hatemongers, even encouraged them, where as in the past it was perceived to their benefit. Plus there have been (and are) many sympathizers amongst these republics. But now they realize the hands they once fed and tolerated are now posed to strangle even them!
Katabole
Valued Member

Post by Katabole »

Kurieuo wrote:Imo, though some try to hide it and pretend the world is very stable and everything is running just fine, I feel that there hasn't been this much instability in the world since the previous world wars.
That statement reminded me of the poem, "Creed" by Steve Turner

We believe in Marx, Freud and Darwin.
We believe that everything is OK
as long as you don’t hurt anyone,
to the best of your definition of hurt,
and to the best of your definition of knowledge.

We believe in sex before, during and after marriage.
We believe in the therapy of sin;
we believe that adultery is fun.
we believe that sodomy is OK
we believe that taboos are taboo.

We believe that everything is getting better
despite evidence to the contrary.
The evidence must be investigated.
You can prove anything with evidence.

We believe there is something in horoscopes, UFO’s and bent spoons.
Jesus was a good man just like Buddha
Mohammed and ourselves.
He was a good moral teacher although we think
that his good morals were really bad.

We believe that all religions are basically the same,
at least the ones we read were.
They all believe in love and goodness.They only differ on matters of
creation, sin, heaven, hell, God, and salvation.

We believe that after death comes Nothing
because when you ask the dead what happens
they say nothing.
If death is not the end, if the dead have lied,
then it’s compulsory heaven for all
except perhaps Hitler, Stalin and Genghis Kahn.

We believe in Masters and Johnson.
What’s selected is average.
What’s average is normal.
What’s normal is good.

We believe in total disarmament.
We believe there are direct links between
warfare and bloodshed.
American’s should beat their guns into tractors
and the Russians would be sure to follow.

We believe that man is essentially good.
It’s only his behaviour that lets him down.
This is the fault of society.
Society is the fault of conditions.
Conditions are the fault of society.

We believe that each man must find the truth
that is right for him.
Reality will adapt accordingly.
The universe will readjust. History will alter.
We believe there is no absolute truth
excepting the truth that there is no absolute truth.

We believe in the rejection of creeds.

If Chance be the Father of all flesh,
disaster is His rainbow in the sky.
And when you hear "State of Emergency",
"Sniper Kills Ten", "Troops on Rampage",
"Youths Go Looting", "Bomb Blasts School",
it is but the sound of man worshiping his maker.

One of the themes in the Bible is that if God does not intervene, humanity will destroy itself. However, as long as human society continues to reject God, then they will continue to reap what they have sown.

Presently we are watching a generation of people who are famously famous for nothing at all. They want it all, whatever "all" is. They want "it" right now. They don't know what they want but they want it. They don't know what it is but they want it. Such is the mentality of the modern, godless, materialist, instant-gratification culture.

God warned ancient Israel what would happen to them if they turned away and rejected Him in Deuteronomy 28 and Leviticus 26, and what is written in those chapters are used as examples of what would happen to any nation that rejected Him.

1 Corinthians 10:11 Now these things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.

Leviticus 26:16 I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror...

If the vast majority of human society truly repented and turned to Christ, I firmly believe He would do something about the current terror problem. As a Christian, I am optimistic but also realistic.

As it is presently in our world, that is not happening. Jesus knew His teachings would be rejected and mass numbers of people would turn away from the Christian faith (2 Thess 2:3). The love of many grows colder every day (Matt 24) and sinners grow worse and worse (2 Tim 3:13) until evil reaches it's peak (Daniel 8:23).
There are two types of people in our world: those who believe in Christ and those who will.

If Christianity is a man-made religion, then why is its doctrine vehemently against all of man's desires?

Every one that is of the truth hears my voice. Jesus from John 18:37
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Imo, though some try to hide it and pretend the world is very stable and everything is running just fine, I feel that there hasn't been this much instability in the world since the previous world wars. Putin not long ago stated just as much, we're quickly approaching a point of no return.
The world, or at least the developed world, was fairly stable up until 9/11 and our tragically ill-conceived response. But yeah, that stability seems to be waning. That's part of why I worry so much about Trump and his race-baiting, identity-politics strategy. I think that ISIS wants chaos, and nothing would help their cause more than a conflict between Islam and the West. That's exactly what Trump is trying to create.

First off,please explain how there can be chaos if we have a temporary ban on Muslim immigration and then deport the Syrian Muslim refugees Obama has allowed into our country? We would be safe,regardless of what the Islamic world thinks. And we can still take out ISIS after that. But if we do what you want to we can expect terrorism in America. We already do expect terrorism unless you're not paying attention. How would you keep America safe by allowing Muslims to keep coming in to America? You cannot!

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote:

I was warning about Islamic terrorism coming to the west long before 9\11. You're still naive about Islam and I don't see how because the information is out there. You must be ignoring it.There was Islamic terrorism long before 9\11 going back to the 70' s when Jimmy Carter was the President.It just had not effected us like it did until 9\11,you have forgot all of the Islamic terrorist attacks when Bill Clinton was President and he ignored it,pretty much.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote:

I was warning about Islamic terrorism coming to the west long before 9\11. You're still naive about Islam and I don't see how because the information is out there. You must be ignoring it.There was Islamic terrorism long before 9\11 going back to the 70' s when Jimmy Carter was the President.It just had not effected us like it did until 9\11,you have forgot all of the Islamic terrorist attacks when Bill Clinton was President and he ignored it,pretty much. Like the USS Cole Bombing which blew a hole in one of our battleships killing people on board, the Khobar Towers attack,etc.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member