Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
swordfish7
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by swordfish7 »

Oops. I meant 3 kids, one daughter and two sons.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

swordfish7 wrote:Hi all I have no introduced myself. My name is Eric from Houston TX. You have a good forum here with interesting discussion. I am a Christian who loves God, science and the word. I have a wife and three sons which keeps me busy. I also enjoy politics here in the US and the world in general. I think Christians need to be more vocal to confront our secular cultures - especially the new atheism. I became a Christian at 5 and have been involved in a number of ministries over my life. I enjoy confronting skeptics and defending classical Christianity with faith in Jesus Christ, belief in the inerrant word of God, and believe in key doctrines like the trinity. I am an engineer so I know the sciences well. Also, I hope to see another awakening by the Holy Spirit, and be part of it, in my lifetime.
:wave:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

swordfish7 wrote:Oops. I meant 3 kids, one daughter and two sons.
I know, I get mixed up all the time too :shock:

Lol kidding :ebiggrin:
swordfish7
Recognized Member

Post by swordfish7 »

I often think faster than I type and make errors. So where are you from? Family? Kids?
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

:wave:

Married, one daughter (11), one dog, one cat.
UK, south coast.

Books are my passion.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

swordfish7 wrote:I often think faster than I type and make errors. So where are you from? Family? Kids?
I'm from New Zealand and have been married for 21 years, two boys 6yrs & 9yrs.
Always thought a girl would be cool tho as I'm kinda out numbered in our household :P

I hope you will stick around and keep posting.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Nessa wrote:hey

well it was a toss up between balaams donkey or davidstones but i didnt want too make an *** of myself :-P i know...i know.....bad joke and im not even past the first sentence yet :esurprised:

I live in New Zealand and I am a Christian.

But i cant really articulate why. Not really. I never knew you were really meant to have a reason why you believed what you did....its just a faith thing right? Well i guess not so much. At least it shouldnt be a blind faith.

Someone challenged me by asking me why i believed what i did and i was lost for words..which has started me on the road to apologetics.

Its a lonely and hard road. My knowledge of science is pretty bad.... never paid much attention in class so it makes it extra hard. I do want to learn though. I listen to christian atheist debates which help somewhat.
A whole year tomorrow :shock:
Though for you old timers, I guess thats like a drop in the bucket ;)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Feels like you've been around forever :mrgreen:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Yes. It's only been a year?

Seems like you've been here for decades. You're part of our highly dysfunctional family. Whether you like it or not! y>:D<
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
swordfish7
Recognized Member

Post by swordfish7 »

Nessa, New Zealand is a cool place to live - especially now. Our third one was a daughter, which was a special gift for us all. I prayed she would compliment all our family, which she does with here joy and vitality. Each of our children are so special and different - a gift from God. Your two boys must keep you hopping at those ages. My kids are 17, 15 and 14, so now am giving the older two driving lessons. Yes, I have found our faith to be completely trustworthy on all points that I have looked at. I respect you for looking deeper into apologetics. I am a YEC, but I respect those who hold OEC and think we can agree to disagree since we are really on the same side. Glad to be on the boards and yes I will continue to post when I have time. Congratulations on being here a year now.
swordfish7
Recognized Member

Post by swordfish7 »

Storyteller, great to meet you and UK is another great place to live. I love the great movies showing the beautiful country there and old history. Interesting to watch the Brexit - hope it works out for you. God's blessing to you and your family. Do you read a lot of Christian books and do you have one you would recommend? Thanks.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Loved Imitaton of Christ.

Just discovered a guy called Wendell Burton, reading his book Godsmacked right now. Its me all over. Love it. And im only on the first chapter!
swordfish7
Recognized Member

Post by swordfish7 »

Thanks Storyteller, I'll check it out!
standing4jesus2
Newbie Member

Post by standing4jesus2 »

Hello! I'm brand new to the forum and decided to introduce myself before I start reading posts. I am a very conservative Christian currently living in the Midwest with my atheist husband and two skeptical adult children (both currently attending college). I have one other adult child who is living on his own. I was in my last semester of seminary when my husband kind if blew me out of the water with his atheist declaration. I always knew he was skeptical, but for 25 years he attended church with me, small groups, and would engage in Christian conversations. When I decided we needed to find a church that was more faithful to the gospel, he had a melt down and went a bit crazy. For several months I was convinced that we would divorce, but he does not want to, so I have been struggling with trying to like him most days. He is very highly educated and has a love for all things scientific. He actually taught me how to debunk evolution once upon a time, but now he steadfastly holds to the very doctrines he taught me how to disqualify. I am hopeful that I can learn from you all here and become a better apologist. After a little over a year away, I am returning to complete my master of religious education at Liberty University at the end of the month. I continue to attend church every week by myself as well. I feel very alone in my home and have gotten a dose of what persecution feels like, but I believe it has made my faith stronger. I look forward to spending time here with like-minded folks!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the forum S4J2!!

I have a son who has become very skeptical of anything of God. He's questioning everything. He has the same kind of rational thinking mind that I have, so I can understand his thought process. And he also sees Christians who take advantage of others for their own gain, and that sours him to God in some ways.

Hopefully you will stick around, and maybe we can help each other with what we're going through.
:D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony