Ethics on killing?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I believe that's what almost every other participant in this discussion has done, but you ignore it every time and keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

If killing is not murder, than how come you don't see Christ killing anyone?

Especially after all the pain he had to witness to the people he cared for?

It is through Christ that we learn no matter what the person did to us, we should forgive them, not kill them.

Can you say Christ is not God's law?

Do not falsify facts further.

You mention about an spirit being your guide, I hope you seriously consult with an experienced pastor who can confirm whether that spirit is actually from God.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Mastermind wrote:I believe that's what almost every other participant in this discussion has done, but you ignore it every time and keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again.
That because the same thing over and over again is the law, I cannot bend the law. The law is consistent and it has structure to it.

The way on how you keep bending your own "law" can you actually call it a law?

You believe in whatever you want, but do not try to influence other people into thinking your belief is "real"
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I'm talking about the Holy Spirit, who resides in the hearts of all believers. And for your information, Christ kills everybody. God decides when you die, does He not?
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Have you seen Christ killed anyone in the Bible?

No... But I have seen Christ saving numerous people, drawing evil spirits out of them, and curing people with diseases....
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Mastermind, are you trying to say that you are God? As long as you believe God is in you, then you can do everything above human level? above human laws?

This is a deception evil spirit placed upon you.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

And physically kick out the merchants from the temple.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Mastermind wrote:And physically kick out the merchants from the temple.
Exactly, physically "kick out merchants from the temple" not KILLING THE MERCHANTS FROM THE TEMPLE!!!

Thats the difference my friend.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

God teaches you how to act, not that you can act like God himself.

Do not even try to compare yourself to God as in justifying your acts for God's acts.

You are obeying an order from God when God gives you a specific rule to engage in act. But that rule applies to you, not the rule of God, for God has no rules for God's own intention.

Do not try to break the rules.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

There was no need to kill them, something we've been saying over and over and over. And He is God. He has the power to stop them without killing them. With the blink of an eye He could throw them against the ground and paralyze them until they cool off. Remember when the soldiers caught Him in the garden(whose name I can't spell)? They asked Him who He was. He replied I AM and knocked them all to the ground through His Divine Will. He has the power to stop them without killing. If I fire a gun, I can't direct the bullet away from a fatal point.
And you're making it sound like I suggest that people should replace every word in their vocabulary with a four letter expletive, replace their skin with indian dye, kill everybody who annoys them and engage in steamy man-love whenever they get the chance. You're being ridiculous and downright insulting, and I would appreciate it if you stopped.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Mastermind wrote:There was no need to kill them, something we've been saying over and over and over. And He is God. He has the power to stop them without killing them. With the blink of an eye He could throw them against the ground and paralyze them until they cool off. Remember when the soldiers caught Him in the garden(whose name I can't spell)? They asked Him who He was. He replied I AM and knocked them all to the ground through His Divine Will. He has the power to stop them without killing. If I fire a gun, I can't direct the bullet away from a fatal point.
And you're making it sound like I suggest that people should replace every word in their vocabulary with a four letter expletive, replace their skin with indian dye, kill everybody who annoys them and engage in steamy man-love whenever they get the chance. You're being ridiculous and downright insulting, and I would appreciate it if you stopped.
"there was no need to kill them" EXACTLY!

If God doesn't have the need to kill them, what makes you think you have the need to kill them?

That is walking BEFORE the Lord my friend. You must be after God and follow God's leadership not before. You said it yourself, God has the power to stop them through divine power, and if God has that type of power and not use it or abuse it when he COULD [such as the crucifixion] moments, then what makes us even more right to attempt to use our ability to kill others?
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

God had no need to kill them because He is God. He has other means of stopping them(and the merchants didn't need to be killed, powers or not since they weren't endangering anybody). I, on the other hand can't simply say I AM and knock all the rapists into a wall. Again, I don't like the idea of killing one bit, but if force is the last resort to prevent them harming another, I will use it. Remember, it is their choice to go against God's will and harm their own sister. If they back away from their evil ways, I will not fire. I will not fire to kill on purpose. But I will fire, and if they are to die, then let God's will be done.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Mastermind, I am sorry if I seem harsh to you, I am not harsh at you I am just harsh at your actions.

That is differeny my friend.

you must realize that it is not how you say it that matters, it is what you say that matters.

I understand you could say it in a "supportive" way, but the "what" you're saying is what matters and it's false.

Just as much as you may not appreciate me for coming at you in those topics, I too don't appreciate how you put Lord Jesus in vain by acting like that is his ways when it is far from it and making it seem like it is right.

It is not.

You tried to make swearing an righteousness, you tried to make tattoo an righteousness [when it's the symbol that is assosiated with Satan and his demonic creatures] you tried to make killing an righteousness given under "circumstances", you tried to make homosexuality an righteousness.

Turning sins and wrongfulness into "NOT" wrong and sin is not something that you can expect people to be happy with. And to do all that and expect no one to challenge you at all is unreal.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Mastermind wrote:God had no need to kill them because He is God. He has other means of stopping them(and the merchants didn't need to be killed, powers or not since they weren't endangering anybody). I, on the other hand can't simply say I AM and knock all the rapists into a wall. Again, I don't like the idea of killing one bit, but if force is the last resort to prevent them harming another, I will use it. Remember, it is their choice to go against God's will and harm their own sister. If they back away from their evil ways, I will not fire. I will not fire to kill on purpose. But I will fire, and if they are to die, then let God's will be done.
Yes I understand you will use it when you must use it, but it is still wrong and what was disturbing was how you tried to make it seem like it is not wrong.

Killing is wrong no matter what, and if you must do it, thats fine, but you must agree that it is wrong, no matter what God may forgive you.

Do not avoid being forgiven. To be forgiven, you need to first convict yourself from the wrong action.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Remember, through God's forgiveness you can truly sense how much God loves you.