The Walking Dead

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by crochet1949 »

Ah, no thanks.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:I've got a comment -- my adult daughter has been watching The Walking Dead and I can't fathom Why. She lives on her own and with friends -- we are on different wave lengths in some areas.

The Walking Dead -- I've seen previews of episodes and don't understand Why anyone watches it. Or do people get attached to watching grotesque action? Don't people realize that what we watch gets into our minds and being? It's like being satisfied with getting a candy bar out of a bag of garbage? Or being satisfied with a half- rotten potato instead of getting a Good ham sandwich.

Just my thoughts.
IMO,

Watching the walking dead is a lot like male homosexual sex. It seems repulsive and disgusting, until you actually try it a few times. Then you're hooked!

:pound:
Err, I think you just went over a cliff Rick? :shock:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:I've got a comment -- my adult daughter has been watching The Walking Dead and I can't fathom Why. She lives on her own and with friends -- we are on different wave lengths in some areas.

The Walking Dead -- I've seen previews of episodes and don't understand Why anyone watches it. Or do people get attached to watching grotesque action? Don't people realize that what we watch gets into our minds and being? It's like being satisfied with getting a candy bar out of a bag of garbage? Or being satisfied with a half- rotten potato instead of getting a Good ham sandwich.

Just my thoughts.
IMO,

Watching the walking dead is a lot like male homosexual sex. It seems repulsive and disgusting, until you actually try it a few times. Then you're hooked!

No. I'm still here. :driving:

I was going for shock value on that one. Looks like it worked.

I can't see how anyone who watched the walking dead, couldn't get into it. Not for young children of course. It's just a great show. It's not just people killing zombies. There's a story, and great characters.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:

Just my thoughts.
IMO,

I can't see how anyone who watched the walking dead, couldn't get into it. Not for young children of course. It's just a great show. It's not just people killing zombies. There's a story, and great characters.
I think you've put me off watching the show now. Thanks for ruining it for me. :esad:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:

Just my thoughts.
IMO,

I think you've put me off watching the show now. Thanks for ruining it for me. :esad:
Coral will be sad if you don't watch. Please watch, or he'll bawl his eye out.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

I don't know if you guys have been keeping up or not, but Fear The Walking Dead is starting to get more and more interesting. Basically, it looks like in tonight's episode, one of the kids has found a settlement, camp, compound that is largely untouched by the virus. There are still lights, helicopters and many other amenities from the old-world.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hortator wrote:I don't know if you guys have been keeping up or not, but Fear The Walking Dead is starting to get more and more interesting. Basically, it looks like in tonight's episode, one of the kids has found a settlement, camp, compound that is largely untouched by the virus. There are still lights, helicopters and many other amenities from the old-world.
Ahem...

This is a thread for discussing The Walking Dead. Not that cheap, no good spinoff called Fear The Walking Dead. The latter show is only there to fill the time between seasons of TWD.

:mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

RickD wrote: Ahem...

This is a thread for discussing The Walking Dead. Not that cheap, no good spinoff called Fear The Walking Dead. The latter show is only there to fill the time between seasons of TWD.

:mrgreen:
Fear is my methadone. I don't get any high as I do with TWD, but I don't get any withdrawal either.

I need it maaaan. y~o) y(:| :xxpuke: :prisoner: