Will the world ever agree on Einstein's ~religion~?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
crackpot
Familiar Member
Christian: No

Re: Will the world ever agree on Einstein's ~religion~?

Post by crackpot »

Audie wrote:You never addressed that.Did I say "illogical"? Tell me where I said that, or, ah, what was your charming phrase?
Not you, missy...I was mostly addressing the other Genius, BGoodForGoodSake. You may keep quiet.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Ok crackpot I will demonstrate below
Audie wrote: original quote
crackpot wrote:Einstein was a physicist. He knew about physics. His thoughts on God or auto mechanics or cooking are likely on the same level as mine on these subjects: simple and largely ignorant.

That people care about what Einstein said on subjects besides physics probably has more to do with his celebrity status than any knowledge he had beyond physics.

Whatever Einstein may have said about God or auto mechanics or cooking is of no real value because he was a dingbat in these areas.
modified quote
crackpot wrote:crackpot was a evangelist. He knew about God. His thoughts on science or auto mechanics or evolution are likely on the same level as mine on these subjects: simple and largely ignorant.

That people care about what crackpot said on subjects besides God probably has more to do with his celebrity status than any knowledge he had beyond God.

Whatever crackpot may have said about science or auto mechanics or evolution is of no real value because he was a dingbat in these areas.
By extension then..the unqualified Christians who hold to the reality of the flood or how evolution is false..
you will agree that their opinions are without value, and that they are dingbats in those areas?
Your idea is that an individual is only good at what they are known for and therefore have nothing to contribute in other areas. That is what she is pointing out. By extension then...

Your logical fallacy was the failure to see that your statement applies equally to both Einstein and the ordinary dingbat.
Sorry it's not technically a logical fallacy, but rather a failure in your logic.

By attempting to illegitimize Einstein's beliefs or thoughts, you have effectively closed the door to anyone besides qualified experts from even discussing the topic of evolution

And in case you miss the point again she wasn't even defending Einstein, just pointing out that the statement you made was problematic.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Audie
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:Ok crackpot I will demonstrate below
Audie wrote: original quote
crackpot wrote:Einstein was a physicist. He knew about physics. His thoughts on God or auto mechanics or cooking are likely on the same level as mine on these subjects: simple and largely ignorant.

That people care about what Einstein said on subjects besides physics probably has more to do with his celebrity status than any knowledge he had beyond physics.

Whatever Einstein may have said about God or auto mechanics or cooking is of no real value because he was a dingbat in these areas.
modified quote
crackpot wrote:crackpot was a evangelist. He knew about God. His thoughts on science or auto mechanics or evolution are likely on the same level as mine on these subjects: simple and largely ignorant.

That people care about what crackpot said on subjects besides God probably has more to do with his celebrity status than any knowledge he had beyond God.

Whatever crackpot may have said about science or auto mechanics or evolution is of no real value because he was a dingbat in these areas.
By extension then..the unqualified Christians who hold to the reality of the flood or how evolution is false..
you will agree that their opinions are without value, and that they are dingbats in those areas?
Your idea is that an individual is only good at what they are known for and therefore have nothing to contribute in other areas. That is what she is pointing out. By extension then...

Your logical fallacy was the failure to see that your statement applies equally to both Einstein and the ordinary dingbat.
Sorry it's not technically a logical fallacy, but rather a failure in your logic.

By attempting to illegitimize Einstein's beliefs or thoughts, you have effectively closed the door to anyone besides qualified experts from even discussing the topic of evolution

And in case you miss the point again she wasn't even defending Einstein, just pointing out that the statement you made was problematic.
Doesn't even need a Einstein to see that!
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Einstein was a jew, so if he was religious? He would've been influenced by Judaism but I don't think it is all that important what his religion was.He could've been more non-religious at times and more religious at different times in his life. Did you know that Christians and Jews have produced more technology and invented more things that have blessed our lives and made it better than any other kinds of people?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
crackpot
Familiar Member

Post by crackpot »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:Your idea is that an individual is only good at what they are known for and therefore have nothing to contribute in other areas. That is what she is pointing out
Wrong on all counts. I said that Einstein was a physicist, not a theologian, and that his ideas on God, auto mechanics and cooking were of no interest. Go back and read it. I never brought up evolution. Never even breathed the E-word. Audie did that because she's obsessed with evolution...

I take it your doctor has a PhD, right? Would you trust him to fix your car or would you prefer your mechanic do the job? My point is, Einstein was obviously mixed up on faith. He was all over the place. Only idiots would trust him to have anything of value to say on the subject.

I told her to keep quiet but Audie's post provides an appropriate closing to my post:
Audie wrote:Doesn't even need a Einstein to see that!
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

MBPrata wrote:
Not that much; I believe it has to do with that thing of Einstein having been one of the most brilliant human beings ever. I mean...if I had to choose only one human in human History in order to tell what the "truth" is, I would choose Einstein.I choose Christ.
But as for that being a PERSONAL God, one Whom has visited us, died for us, will return, Whom invites interaction and relationship - nah, THAT God, he did not believe in.
We "know" that; it's written on mr. Deem's article. That still doesn't really specificy whether he was a theist, an agnostic, a pantheist, etc...which is a shame.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "contradictory oxymoron" a redundance?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

crackpot wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:Your idea is that an individual is only good at what they are known for and therefore have nothing to contribute in other areas. That is what she is pointing out
Wrong on all counts. I said that Einstein was a physicist, not a theologian, and that his ideas on God, auto mechanics and cooking were of no interest. Go back and read it. I never brought up evolution. Never even breathed the E-word. Audie did that because she's obsessed with evolution...

I take it your doctor has a PhD, right? Would you trust him to fix your car or would you prefer your mechanic do the job? My point is, Einstein was obviously mixed up on faith. He was all over the place. Only idiots would trust him to have anything of value to say on the subject.

I told her to keep quiet but Audie's post provides an appropriate closing to my post:
Audie wrote:Doesn't even need a Einstein to see that!
Just a wild guess, you are not good with algebra.
crackpot
Familiar Member

Post by crackpot »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:Just a wild guess, you are not good with algebra.
Just a wild guess, you are an Einstein groupie. And not too bright at that...
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

crackpot wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:Just a wild guess, you are not good with algebra.
Just a wild guess, you are an Einstein groupie. And not too bright at that...
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:And in case you miss the point again she wasn't even defending Einstein, just pointing out that the statement you made was problematic.