BOMBINGS OF BRUSSELS AIRPORT, AND METRO

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

BOMBINGS OF BRUSSELS AIRPORT, AND METRO

Post by B. W. »

Another round of terrorism from the religion of peace:

Isis claims responsibility for Brussels attacks - motive revenge for their fallen...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 46136.html
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: BOMBINGS OF BRUSSELS AIRPORT, AND METRO

Post by B. W. »

According to Obama - ISLS known as ISIS Is 'Not an Existential Threat to Us'

http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2001689
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

B. W. wrote:According to Obama - ISLS known as ISIS Is 'Not an Existential Threat to Us'
They're not. Only a complete boob would think that a handful of extremists, who are steadily losing ground in Iraq and Syria, by the way, could possibly be an existential threat to the world's foremost military power.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:
B. W. wrote:According to Obama - ISLS known as ISIS Is 'Not an Existential Threat to Us'
They're not. Only a complete boob would think that a handful of extremists, who are steadily losing ground in Iraq and Syria, by the way, could possibly be an existential threat to the world's foremost military power.
Only a complete Mr. Ed's rear end, would ignore the possibility that ISIS already has hundreds of sleeper cells in the US.

Are there really still people who underestimate ISIS, and those affiliated with the group?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD wrote:Are there really still people who underestimate ISIS, and those affiliated with the group?
I doubt it. The trend seems to be to vastly overestimate them.

But hey, maybe I'm missing something. Please explain to me how ISIS could reasonably pose an existential threat to the United States of America.
crackpot
Familiar Member

Post by crackpot »

edwardmurphy wrote: Please explain to me how ISIS could reasonably pose an existential threat to the United States of America.
No more an existential threat than the Barbarians posed towards the Roman Empire.

Doh.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:
RickD wrote:Are there really still people who underestimate ISIS, and those affiliated with the group?

But hey, maybe I'm missing something. Please explain to me how ISIS could reasonably pose an existential threat to the United States of America.
You're serious?

Are you dismissing ISIS because you don't think it's a threat to the existence of the United States?

I'm not sure I see the distinction you're trying to make.

Isis, and those who share its ideology, is a threat to people, including citizens of the US. Violent Muslims are a threat to us as a people, as well as Europe. You don't disagree with that, do you?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I would far rather overestimate than underestimate people of such mentality. Again, they've killed FAR more Muslims than Westerners. Why? OPPORTUNITY!!! PROXIMITY!!! And with porous borders, we know they would love to infiltrate American territory. It is NO mystery as to what they are capable of. And we are making it VERY easy. If we don't get a handle on our vulnerabilities, it's only a matter of time. Thing is, terrorism does not have to be exceptionally well-financed. A small group of people, well-armed and properly trained, with very little investment, can wreak havoc on a community. We know they want that. We know they are so motivated; We know our open society, lax scrutiny, porous borders - IF they come, it will be relatively easy. Let's just not make it easy - prepare for the worst scenario and pray they don't become a reality.

On the other side of the terrorism fence - while opponents of ISIS - the Iranians have been stirring terrorism movements across the Middle East. They are huge players in the region's unrest, in Syria, etc. One of the biggest things that has limted them were the Western sanctions. Here, the morons of the Obama administration secretly negotiated with Iran - sworn to wipe Israel off of the map, the supporters of so much terrorism - AS IF they were trustworthy. And the agreement made will pump (after various legal claims) approximately $50 billion into this dangerous state's coffers. Yeah, let's give the purveyors of so much evil and mayhem, vast billions to fund their nasty little activities. This is inconceivably bad. y:O2 John Kerry and stooges were hell-bent upon giving Iran all they wanted, so the rest of the world ends up with a worthless signed agreement and a dangerous Iran flush with cash. So many are not aware of the terrible treachery this administration has done to us - and how much LESS safe it has made the Middle East, not to mention the Western nations. Call me paranoid.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

crackpot wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote: Please explain to me how ISIS could reasonably pose an existential threat to the United States of America.
No more an existential threat than the Barbarians posed towards the Roman Empire.

Doh.
Crackpot, indeed.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD wrote:You're serious?

Are you dismissing ISIS because you don't think it's a threat to the existence of the United States?

Isis, and those who share its ideology, is a threat to people, including citizens of the US. Violent Muslims are a threat to us as a people, as well as Europe. You don't disagree with that, do you?
Dismissing them? No, I'm saying that the government of the United States is currently pounding them, with the help of European allies and their enemies on the ground. They're losing people and losing ground. You guys act like we've done nothing, when we've actually got drones lobbing Hellfire missiles all over the place, who knows how many security agencies gathering intelligence and carrying out hits, and far more robust border security than you seem to realize.

How many Americans have been killed, here in the US, by Muslim extremists since 9/11? Maybe 50 in the last 15 years? Sure, it's too many, but it still pales in comparison to car wrecks, cancer, gun violence, drug overdoses... I'd be willing to bet that even dogs, lightning, and slippery bathtubs are ahead of terrorism when it comes to killing Americans.

I think that our government is overselling it, and political candidates, especially on the Republican side, are using fear of Muslims to gain power. I think that the "national interests" that we're defending in the Middle East are the interests of the elite, and that the rest of us have very little to gain from all of the pain, and blood, and waste. If Muslim extremism represents an existential threat it's not to our lives, it's to our democracy. My fear is that we're going to wake up one day to find that we're in a police state and that we've willingly traded our independence for safety from brown people in distant lands. Do you know what scared me more than the Boston Marathon bombing? The speed with which the police, national guard, and FBI were able to completely lock down an entire city. If they can do that to hunt down a couple of terrorists then they can also do it to lock down a protest. Have you noticed that every police department in the nation suddenly has assault rifles, SWAT teams, and frequently a tank? Is that not a concern for you? Now consider how much economic inequality we have, how powerful a handful of billionaires have become, and how much pull they have over our government and all of power the it can bring to bear against anyone, anytime, anywhere. I don't fear ISIS, I fear what fear of ISIS is doing to us as a nation.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote:
RickD wrote:You're serious?

Dismissing them? No, I'm saying that the government of the United States is currently pounding them, with the help of European allies and their enemies on the ground. They're losing people and losing ground. You guys act like we've done nothing, when we've actually got drones lobbing Hellfire missiles all over the place, who knows how many security agencies gathering intelligence and carrying out hits, and far more robust border security than you seem to realize.

How many Americans have been killed, here in the US, by Muslim extremists since 9/11? Maybe 50 in the last 15 years? Sure, it's too many, but it still pales in comparison to car wrecks, cancer, gun violence, drug overdoses... I'd be willing to bet that even dogs, lightning, and slippery bathtubs are ahead of terrorism when it comes to killing Americans.

I think that our government is overselling it, and political candidates, especially on the Republican side, are using fear of Muslims to gain power. I think that the "national interests" that we're defending in the Middle East are the interests of the elite, and that the rest of us have very little to gain from all of the pain, and blood, and waste. If Muslim extremism represents an existential threat it's not to our lives, it's to our democracy. My fear is that we're going to wake up one day to find that we're in a police state and that we've willingly traded our independence for safety from brown people in distant lands. Do you know what scared me more than the Boston Marathon bombing? The speed with which the police, national guard, and FBI were able to completely lock down an entire city. If they can do that to hunt down a couple of terrorists then they can also do it to lock down a protest. Have you noticed that every police department in the nation suddenly has assault rifles, SWAT teams, and frequently a tank? Is that not a concern for you? Now consider how much economic inequality we have, how powerful a handful of billionaires have become, and how much pull they have over our government and all of power the it can bring to bear against anyone, anytime, anywhere. I don't fear ISIS, I fear what fear of ISIS is doing to us as a nation.
Do you ignore the FBI? Because the FBI has said they know we have Islamic terrorist sleeper cells in America and eventhough they are doing everything they can they have predicted Islamic terrorist attacks in America. They have said it is just a matter of time.

Why are you willing to take the risk of Islamic terrorist attacks in America?How many more Islamic terrorist attacks in the west where muslims live must we learn to tolerate before we stop it?Europe has flooded their country have opened their arms wido open to muslims and they refuse to assimilate and they band together and once they have a big enough muslim population they desire Sharia law and use their voting to be a political voting block that cannot be ignored and yet wherever muslims live in the world we see Islamic terrorist attacks that we do not see with any other religion. No other religion is a threat to non-believers like Islam is. Not Christians,Jews,Hindu's,Buddhists,atheists,Satanists,witches,Devil Worshippers,etc pose a threat like Islam does. Islamic terrorists behead Christians,atheists,gay people,journalists while they are alive.More Christians have been killed by ISIS that at an other time in history. They make young girls their sex slaves and rape them repeatedly,they suicide bomb,they kill in the name of Allah and just like in Belgium the moderate muslims that live in the muslim community shield and aid and abet them and do not report them.This is the case in San Bernardino attack in America too,they had bombs,etc in their apartments,had terrorist links and yet nobody turned them in or reported them to the Police and they were linked to ISIS. Islam PR is terrible.

Even if to you you think America has not experienced enough Islamic terrorist attacks yet we don't need to wait until there is and be naive about the threat we face. Just try to imagine Islamic terrorist cells in America and the damage just a few can do when they are willing to die in order to carry our Jihad.

Muslims believe in the Majde - the 12th IMAM that is going to come back in the future with Jesus to unite the world to Islam by the sword and they believe that by attacking non-believers/infidels it speeds up the Majde's return and this is why we see an Islamic terrorist attack somewhere in the west almost everyday,yet it is largely ignored by the media.ISIS has said they have planted terrorists amongst the refugees that are coming into America just like in Germany and have warned they have sleeper cells in America and have warned about attacks coming.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

edwardmurphy wrote:

A Teachers Guide to the Holocaust - webpage writes:

Few would have thought that the Nazi Party, starting as a gang of unemployed soldiers in 1919, would become the legal government of Germany by 1933. In fourteen years, a once obscure corporal, Adolf Hitler, would become the Chancellor of Germany... (etc and etc)

https://fcit.usf.edu/holocaust/timeline/nazirise.htm
Now read this article from CNN: What does ISIS really want?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/11/middleeas ... caliphate/

Now compare these with Ed's and Obama's point of view...

Truth...

ISIS seeks world Islamic domination. It is Apocalyptic in nature, kind, and cruel in tone. It is spreading like a cancer.

ED would you please tell the wounded maimed victims and the the families of all victims of ISIS who were murdered by ISIS that ISIS is not a existential threat... and stop being so flippantly arrogant

Thank you
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ed,

You really need to educate yourself on the religion of Islam. You are making ignorant statements.

The goal of Islam, is to bring the world under sharia law. And that means it's a threat to all peoples, and all nations.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Brussels bombers did plan to attack nuclear power station!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

B. W. wrote:Now compare these with Ed's and Obama's point of view...

Truth...

ISIS seeks world Islamic domination.
So? Seeking and getting are very different things.
B. W. wrote:It is Apocalyptic in nature, kind, and cruel in tone. It is spreading like a cancer.
If ISIS is cancer then drones, bombers, military advisors, and opposition forces are chemo, and chemo seems to be working.
B. W. wrote:ED would you please tell the wounded maimed victims and the the families of all victims of ISIS who were murdered by ISIS that ISIS is not a existential threat... and stop being so flippantly arrogant

Thank you
Mostly I find you to be an amusing loon, but sometimes you really piss me off...

Anyway, what I said was that ISIS wasn't an existential threat to the United States, which is true. ISIS does not have the ability to conquer the United States and bring us into their global caliphate. In fact, they don't even have the ability to conquer the Middle East. They're a bunch of fanatical monsters, but they're badly outgunned and they're losing the war. The global caliphate is a pipe dream. Comparing this situation to the rise of the Nazis or the fall of Rome is just painfully stupid. ISIS is bad, yes, but they're not poised to conquer the world. Please, take a deep breath and attempt to think about this rationally for once.

Regarding your incredibly obnoxious decision to twist my words and then use them to imply that I don't care about the people who were killed in Belgium, I wish you wouldn't do that. I know that putting words in my mouth and then attacking me for saying them is kind of your thing, but it's dishonest and pointless, and it does nothing to move a conversation forward.