What Is The True Religion?

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.

What Is The TRUE Religion? - Please Explain Why By Post If You Vote Or Not

Christianity
67%
Catholicism
3%
Judaism
No votes
Islam
3%
Buddhism
3%
Hinduism
3%
Atheism
8%
Other - Please Explain
14%

Total votes: 36

Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

What Is The True Religion?

Post by Believer »

According to your knowledge on world religions (if you possess such), what religion has made itself true or proven itself true over any other religions? This would be based on all forms of science, theology, apologetics, doctrine, archeological digs, etc...

Explain briefly what makes you think the religion you practice/follow is the true one.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

true religion may not come into it.
In the eyes of god the truth could be following the instructions of god faithfully.
The answer to your question Brian is far more complex than you can emagine.

The desendents of the twelve tribles of israel are gods chosen children.
His chosen children are all those who follow his instruction.

A rather crude example and explanation, I know.

the Word says all Israel will be saved.
Our religion is NOT different than that of those who came before the birth of our LORD jesus. It is our understanding of Gods instruction that is different. But our understanding should be the same as Abraham and the prophets that came after.
What we need to understand is Jesus has always been. Read John 1 and you will see.
John 1
The Word Became Flesh
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' " 16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,[e][f]who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

Birth of jesus Christ = the word becomes flesh
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

In your Poll it says Catholicism and Christianity. They are one in the Same. Being a CATHOLIC means Universal HOWEVER Roman Catholic is another thing altogether as it is a Church within Christianity. I never Understand why Catholics are always DIFFERENT the Christians! It's very Disheartening!

The Answer to the Question:

Christianity, Catholicism, and Jewish are the Correct Religions! However Christians have realized who the Messiah is and Jewish has not or are still waiting!
stixandstones
Acquainted Member

There is no right or wrong when it comes to OPINION

Post by stixandstones »

there is only ONE wrong opinion in the world and that is to believe an opinion is wrong! This is why I vote other. All religions believe in a God, and in a way that makes sense to their beliefs as a culture and their ancient history. Millenniums of interpretation from a time where cultures had no influence from neighboring worlds. The RIGHT religion is the one that believes, because in the end they all preach a very similar moral lesson.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

As Christ is the only path to salvation, any religion/belief that puts Christ first and does as He asks, is the "True Religion". It is not being part of a religious movement that saves, but ONLY the Blood of Christ. Many in different movements have this belief and so there is more than one true "religion" ...as you put it.
voicingmaster
Established Member

Post by voicingmaster »

This si a Christian message board, I doubt your poll is gonna get many varied responses.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Good point. :lol:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

Based on the Promises and Prophecies in the Bible, I'd say Christianity is true (that includes Catholicism as well)
lissy
Acquainted Member

Post by lissy »

good thoughts. it is illogical to say that all beliefs are acceptable because those diferent beliefs contradict each other. some say jesus was and is the son of god, some say he has not come yet, some say only grace gets you to heaven, some say being good enough does, some say there is more than one god, others say only one god... and all beliefs teach that religious practices are the way, except christianity, which is not a religion at all, but a relationship. another thing that is unique to christianity is that is god is these things: savior, father, hope, and love. all the different religions contradict each other therefore cannot all be true.
IRQ Conflict
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

I say the best religion would be to feed and take care of the poor. And hey! while were at it tell people the Good news!

I know that people love to lump 'Christians' in with the Jewish faith and catholicism, but the fact is that many of these bible based religions are just that, religion. As they stray far off the beaten trail and oppose what is taught by the Word.

The Jewish faith does not belive the NT at all and deny the Christ has been here and died for all that belive. (the main reason and center of Christian belief).

Catholics use idols and pray to the saints instead of Jesus and all manor of ceremony. Their priests are called "Father" even though Jesus warned only God can have that title! I'd also like you to meditate on the phrase "Bless me Father for I have Sinned" Think about that for a bit then let me know what you think.

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven

Also, notice that the first 'father' is a small 'f' and the second 'Father' is capitalized!
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Here is a site dedicated to facts about the catholic pracitces

And remember satan can appear as an 'angel (messenger) of light'

Do Not Be DECEIVED!

God Bless you all!
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

17 WAYS THAT CANNOT SAVE YOU

Post by Believer »

17 WAYS THAT CANNOT SAVE YOU

SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

Catholics still accept Jesus as their lord and savior.

They are also baptized in Jesus' name.
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

True!

I was merely trying to show that there is definitely a difference tween the beliefs of each ;)
monotheist
Acquainted Member

The true religion...

Post by monotheist »

The true religion, no matter what it's called, is one that does God's will. If God said it, then do it. If God said not to do it, then don't. If you do what God said not to do, then repent, and pray that God will help you to never do it again. For example, God said take no idols to make them equal to Him. Unfortunately, Christians did just that, and came up with an excuse (the trinity) and ruined their scriptures. :( They turned away from monotheism, and moved into henotheism. How many times did God say there is no other god but Him - neither after, nor before? But, i guess you can thank Paul (Saul) for Christianity becoming henotheistic. If only all who are henotheists would repent. Jews are actually the better religion when compared to Chrisitianity or Catholicism, since they're still monotheists. They just err by rejecting Jesus (pbuh). Jesus (pbuh) was sent for them, to fix their ways, and put them back on the right path. Seems like they like the wrong path.