Stumbling Men

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Stumbling Men

Post by abelcainsbrother »

God is more interested about our heart than our outward appearance,still I think it is everybodies responsibility to dress modestly when we are out in public,however in the privacy of our bedrooms for married couples there should be no rules as long as they are both comfortable with it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Vergil
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Vergil »

Women are very beautiful creatures and more attuned with their emotions, so yeah it's pretty easy for a Man to be entice or aroused by looking at a woman due to admiration (and downright sometimes Lust) for her.

While I myself am not clean of the sin of Lust when seeing a beautiful woman, i am entitled and obliged to give her the respect she deserves as a gentleman, knight and man at heart because Love is about that, respect.

Now noted that there are men out there are lewd but not all.

Remember that behind every great Man is a great Woman.
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Behind every great woman is a man who got the heck out of her way.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Audie wrote:Behind every great woman is a man who got the heck out of her way.
:pound:
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Vergil wrote:Women are very beautiful creatures and more attuned with their emotions, so yeah it's pretty easy for a Man to be entice or aroused by looking at a woman due to admiration (and downright sometimes Lust) for her.

While I myself am not clean of the sin of Lust when seeing a beautiful woman, i am entitled and obliged to give her the respect she deserves as a gentleman, knight and man at heart because Love is about that, respect.

Can you please explain why would you put random capital letters? Lust, Love, Man, Woman...
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

In the long ago days when people actually said "Milady" outside of a joke or a stage play,
they capitalized all nouns. We may have a time warp here.
Vergil
Established Member

Post by Vergil »

IceMobster wrote:
Vergil wrote:Women are very beautiful creatures and more attuned with their emotions, so yeah it's pretty easy for a Man to be entice or aroused by looking at a woman due to admiration (and downright sometimes Lust) for her.

Can you please explain why would you put random capital letters? Lust, Love, Man, Woman...

I honestly don't know, forgive me Milord, if this offends thee.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Vergil wrote:
IceMobster wrote:

I cant speak for icemobster but not knowing has kept me up at nights :shock:

:lol:

Type forth your random capital letters and just be you :D
Vergil
Established Member

Post by Vergil »

Nessa wrote:
Vergil wrote:
IceMobster wrote:

I cant speak for icemobster but not knowing has kept me up at nights :shock:

:lol:

Type forth your random capital letters and just be you :D
You both honor me and humble my heart from fear, Milady.
- Jesus Christ

- Charles Stanley
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Audie wrote:In the long ago days when people actually said "Milady" outside of a joke or a stage play,
Well, he didn't capitalize all nouns. What is your source for that claim? Where were all nouns capitalized except in the jurisdiction where German was the official language?
Vergil wrote:
IceMobster wrote:

Repent thou sinner and you shall be forgiven. (rhyme much? :mrgreen: )
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

IceMobster wrote:
Audie wrote:In the long ago days when people actually said "Milady" outside of a joke or a stage play,
Well, he didn't capitalize all nouns. What is your source for that claim? Where were all nouns capitalized except in the jurisdiction where German was the official language?
Vergil wrote:
IceMobster wrote:

Repent thou sinner and you shall be forgiven. (rhyme much? :mrgreen: )

So he missed a few.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Audie wrote:So he missed a few.
Nevermind that,
IceMobster wrote:What is your source for that claim? Where were all nouns capitalized except in the jurisdiction where German was the official language?

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

IceMobster wrote:
Nevermind that,
IceMobster wrote:What is your source for that claim? Where were all nouns capitalized except in the jurisdiction where German was the official language?
Source for now is my not necessarily correct memory that such was the case
with English at one time. Id bet as much as 87 cents that I am correct.

Show I am wrong, and I will go pay it to the next street bum has his hand out.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Audie wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Nevermind that,

How much will you pay him/her? :mrgreen:

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

IceMobster wrote:
Audie wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Nevermind that,

How much will you pay him/her? :mrgreen:
Hopefully the $10,000 that she gave her maid. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony