The Gospel Of Jesus Christ

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
SoCalExile
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

The Gospel Of Jesus Christ

Post by SoCalExile »

What it is, what it is not:

EDIT: All in one video:

Last edited by SoCalExile on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God's grace is not cheap; it's free.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: The Gospel Of Jesus Christ

Post by Jac3510 »

I've met Yankee before. Good guy. Real down to earth. He talks about like he preachers here. I've actually seen him do that coat illustration before, too. I think its a good one. Thanks for posting.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

Jac3510 wrote:I've met Yankee before. Good guy. Real down to earth. He talks about like he preachers here. I've actually seen him do that coat illustration before, too. I think its a good one. Thanks for posting.
Yeah I was convicted in the beginning of part 2 about how little I thought of God's grace.

What's sad is that many Christians don't actually believe in salvation by grace alone. They think we have to perform to be saved.

Are you familiar with the bible college he teaches at?
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Well, Arnold is a free grace guy, so I'm pretty pleased with his overall presentation. You're right that sadly many Christians don't actually believe in salvation by grace alone. But, hey, Paul dealt with false gospels in his churches . . . if we weren't dealing with them, then I'd be suspicious. Why should I think we're better at this than him?!?

And I didn't know he was teaching at a bible college. I know he graduated from Florida Bible College, which is where my first theology prof went (heard lots of stories about their time on the Florida beaches and doing youth camps). I just looked up his webpage again. Are you thinking of Colorado Bible College? Not family with it, if that's the one.

If you haven't read his "Gospel Driven Man," though, I do recommend it. It's a very easy and quick read, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

Jac3510 wrote:And I didn't know he was teaching at a bible college. I know he graduated from Florida Bible College, which is where my first theology prof went (heard lots of stories about their time on the Florida beaches and doing youth camps). I just looked up his webpage again. Are you thinking of Colorado Bible College? Not family with it, if that's the one.
Yeah this place: https://www.floridabiblecollege.us/

He's even on the front page.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

SoCalExile wrote:
Jac3510 wrote:And I didn't know he was teaching at a bible college. I know he graduated from Florida Bible College, which is where my first theology prof went (heard lots of stories about their time on the Florida beaches and doing youth camps). I just looked up his webpage again. Are you thinking of Colorado Bible College? Not family with it, if that's the one.
Yeah this place: https://www.floridabiblecollege.us/

He's even on the front page.
Oh, neat. I didn't realize they were restarting the school. That will make a lot of people happy. FBC grads are everywhere. I run into them all the time. It was a great school in its day. I hope God blesses it! :)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Just watched the first video, and it's so true many Christians do not fully understand the Gospel.
Well at least, I went most of my life hearing gospel this and gospel that, but wasn't until reading Martin Lloyd-Jones after leaving home that I truly understood it.

You know, that to be saved you need to ask for forgiveness and repent by turning away from sin and being good, right? ;) Jacket off and then immediately back on, half on, what-have-you. That was kind of neat.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

Kurieuo wrote:Just watched the first video...
Oh it doesn't get challenging until the second.
Ottoman
Familiar Member

Post by Ottoman »

Kurieuo wrote:Just watched the first video, and it's so true many Christians do not fully understand the Gospel.
Well at least, I went most of my life hearing gospel this and gospel that, but wasn't until reading Martin Lloyd-Jones after leaving home that I truly understood it.

You know, that to be saved you need to ask for forgiveness and repent by turning away from sin and being good, right? ;) Jacket off and then immediately back on, half on, what-have-you. That was kind of neat.
Any one book in particular?

Thanks SoCalExile for the vidoes. I've been feeling lost and searching for answers...trying to figure out the works and grace thing and these videos made a lot of sense....vid. #2 1:18-1:33 really hit me.
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

Ottoman wrote: Thanks SoCalExile for the vidoes. I've been feeling lost and searching for answers...trying to figure out the works and grace thing and these videos made a lot of sense....vid. #2 1:18-1:33 really hit me.
Yeah I was feeling the same way when I found this guy. I had prayed the day before that I find the truth about the gospel, and Yankee is the clearest guy I had heard on it.

And yeah, that part hit me too on how little I really thought of God's grace.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by crochet1949 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Calvary's The Reason Why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LocDJdvuKJ8
I just listened to the YouTube song -- absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing that.