I can't sleep thread

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

I can't sleep thread

Post by Nessa »

So what do you do when you can't sleep? y:-?
And please don't tell me to count sheep cos Im kiwi and you think it makes sense :econfused:
images-2.jpeg
images-2.jpeg (12.65 KiB) Viewed 2721 times
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: I can't sleep thread

Post by RickD »

Sorry, I have no trouble sleeping.

Some say, being able to sleep is a sign of a clear conscience. In my case, it's not so much a clear conscience, but a horrible memory. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:Sorry, I have no trouble sleeping.

Some say, being able to sleep is a sign of a clear conscience. In my case, it's not so much a clear conscience, but a horrible memory. :mrgreen:

Shhhhhhh!

I think Nessa is asleep.

Finally.

Don`t you DARE wake her up!
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Unless something is bothering me (which is rare), I'm totally zonked in about two minutes. But I'm a night owl and almost never go to be before midnight - or until getting sleepy.

But if you do have trouble sleeping, I would HIGHLY recommend taking 25 mg. of Benadryl (an anti-histamine) - capsules work faster. It is benign, non-addictive, works fantastic! One 25 mg. will always work. Two, and I sleep better than some in cemetaries. :lol:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

images (53).jpg
images (53).jpg (11.41 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Whenever my little one can`t sleep I sing to her. She is the only person I will sing for (trust me, that`s a good thing!) and we still love it.

Got me thinking though, the things we sing to ur kids. Like Rock a Bye Baby. I mean, really?

Rock a bye baby
On the treetop
When the wind blows
The cradle will rock
And when the bough breaks
The cradle will fall
And down will come baby
Cradle and all.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Sweet dreams :mrgreen:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:Whenever my little one can`t sleep I sing to her. She is the only person I will sing for (trust me, that`s a good thing!) and we still love it.

Got me thinking though, the things we sing to ur kids. Like Rock a Bye Baby. I mean, really?

Rock a bye baby
On the treetop
When the wind blows
The cradle will rock
The cradle will fall
And down will come baby
Cradle and all.

Was just thinking a lullaby would be nice...skillet is quite soothing too ;)

Kerry is asleep next to me.. :econfused:
Maybe I'll see if God's awake ;)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Nessa wrote:
Storyteller wrote:Whenever my little one can`t sleep I sing to her. She is the only person I will sing for (trust me, that`s a good thing!) and we still love it.

Rock a bye baby
On the treetop
When the wind blows
The cradle will rock
The cradle will fall
And down will come baby
Cradle and all.

Was just thinking a lullaby would be nice...skillet is quite soothing too ;)

Kerry is asleep next to me.. :econfused:
Maybe I'll see if God's awake ;)
Probably.

That`s an interesting idea though. Wonder if God sleeps?
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Philip wrote:Unless something is bothering me (which is rare), I'm totally zonked in about two minutes. But I'm a night owl and almost never go to be before midnight - or until getting sleepy.

But if you do have trouble sleeping, I would HIGHLY recommend taking 25 mg. of Benadryl (an anti-histamine) - capsules work faster. It is benign, non-addictive, works fantastic! One 25 mg. will always work. Two, and I sleep better than some in cemetaries. :lol:
Yeah, because pills are the best solution. Something is wrong? Np, fill yourself with pills!
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

IceMobster wrote:
Philip wrote:Unless something is bothering me (which is rare), I'm totally zonked in about two minutes. But I'm a night owl and almost never go to be before midnight - or until getting sleepy.

Yeah, because pills are the best solution. Something is wrong? Np, fill yourself with pills!
Benadryl is an anti histamine used for allergies, insect bites and hayfever. There can be some side effects, the most common drowsiness. It can be bought over the counter and is non addictive.
It's safe to use in pregnancy.
I don't really see it as filling yourself with pills. More as the ocassional aid to sleep.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Storyteller wrote:
IceMobster wrote:

Benadryl is an anti histamine used for allergies, insect bites and hayfever. There can be some side effects, the most common drowsiness. It can be bought over the counter and is non addictive.
I don't really see it as filling yourself with pills. More as the ocassional aid to sleep.
It may not be addictive bio-chemically but any sleeping aid has the potential for abuse if long-term dependency becomes an issue. Stick with a glass of warm milk. :mrgreen:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Here Byblos...fify

It may not be addictive bio-chemically but any sleeping aid has the potential for abuse if long-term dependency becomes an issue. Stick with a glass of warm milk Jack Daniels :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Byblos wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
IceMobster wrote:

It may not be addictive bio-chemically but any sleeping aid has the potential for abuse if long-term dependency becomes an issue. Stick with a glass of warm milk. :mrgreen:
With a tot of brandy :mrgreen:

Seriously though. Yes, I agree. But even so, now and then won't hurt.

A bag of lavender under your pillow can help. And if not, it smells great.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

IceMobster wrote:

What would you recommend? y:-B