Favourite Childhood Toy/book

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Favourite Childhood Toy/book

Post by Nessa »

A soft toy doll that kinda looked like a glow worm. She could put her thumb in her mouth.
Called her 'Whoopsie' lol

My favourite books were any written by Enid Blyton.

Never did find the faraway tree y:-?
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Re: Favourite Childhood Toy/book

Post by Storyteller »

I absolutely loved, and still do, Black Beauty. My pride and joy is a first edition of it :)

I loved the stories by Doreen Tovey, about her Siamese cats. They are heartbreaking, hilarious and moving in turn.

I still have my first teddy bear, he sits on my daughters bed. He is now pretty threadbare, has one eye and no nose but he was, and is, dearly loved.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:
I still have my first teddy bear, he sits on my daughters bed. He is now pretty threadbare, has one eye and no nose but he was, and is, dearly loved.
Just like the velveteen rabbit ;)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Nessa wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
Just like the velveteen rabbit ;)
Exactly :)

I loved/love my bear. He was my best friend growing up. I had hundreds of teddies (most of which are now bundled in the loft) but Boo Bear stays on my daughters bed, where he is safe and loved.
My Boo Bear has always been, and is, a comfort to me. I have wept into his fur so many times, even as an adult :oops: But he has shared so much of my life, of me, he is precious. Threadbare, raggedy, falling apart but still oh so loveable.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran