Is it possible to sin in your dreams?

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Is it possible to sin in your dreams?

Post by Nessa »

:sleep:

Your thoughts?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Is it possible to sin in your dreams?

Post by RickD »

It would appear that Nessa was more bored today than usual. :roll:

:mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
patrick
Established Member

Post by patrick »

I guess if you have a lucid dream, then it's technically possible.
Last edited by patrick on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nicki
Sex: Female

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote:It would appear that Nessa was more bored today than usual. :roll:
Just what I was thinking. :P

Usually you don't really have a choice about what you do in your dreams, so it can't be sin.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

patrick wrote:I guess if you have a lucid dream, then it's technically possible.
Why did you edit?.....okay, the irony of me asking someone else that is not lost on me :P

I totally agree with what you deleted.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Nicki wrote:

Usually you don't really have a choice about what you do in your dreams, so it can't be sin.
Isn't that like my child drinking two big glasses of milk right before bed. Then telling me it was not his fault he wet the bed. He was a sleep.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Feel free to wonder off into the much more interesting 'Masturbating' thread and give us your personal thoughts :P
patrick
Established Member

Post by patrick »

Nessa wrote:
patrick wrote:I guess if you have a lucid dream, then it's technically possible.
Why did you edit?.....okay, the irony of me asking someone else that is not lost on me :P

I totally agree with what you deleted.
I mean, there could be a lot of reasons why you have a "sinful" dream though. Trying to make yourself live up to your standards is a good thing, even if you have some repressed fantasies that end up coming out in your dreams.
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Nessa wrote:
Nicki wrote:

Isn't that like my child drinking two big glasses of milk right before bed. Then telling me it was not his fault he wet the bed. He was a sleep.
What would the milk-drinking represent, though? Yes, dreams often reflect what we were doing and thinking when awake but then it's those conscious activities that can be sinful - the dreams are just a consequence.

Not really on-topic, but I have this recurring dream theme of public toilets (or toilets in a building like a hospital) that are a bit too public - no doors, or no walls... it never seems as bad in the dream as it would in reality though. :oops: :)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote::sleep:

Your thoughts?
I can't see how it's possible to sin in our dreams. We don't consciously dream.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Nicki wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Nicki wrote:

What would the milk-drinking represent, though? Yes, dreams often reflect what we were doing and thinking when awake but then it's those conscious activities that can be sinful - the dreams are just a consequence.

Not really on-topic, but I have this recurring dream theme of public toilets (or toilets in a building like a hospital) that are a bit too public - no doors, or no walls... it never seems as bad in the dream as it would in reality though. :oops: :)
The milk is representative of willful choice. The child knew exactly what they were doing and possibily.the concequences. Technically the child is right that they were asleep but that does not takeaway their involvement in the bed wetting occuring.
Last edited by Nessa on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

Nessa wrote:
Nicki wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Nicki wrote:

The milk is representative of willful choice. The child knew exactly what they were doing and possibily.the concequences. Technically the child is right that they were a sleep but that doea not takeaway their responsibility in their part in the bed wetting occuring.
I think the child just thought milk. Bed wetting is due to lots of reasons, not just a full bladder. I would never, ever think a child responsible for accidents.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Nicki wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Nicki wrote:

The milk is representative of willful choice. The child knew exactly what they were doing and possibily.the concequences. Technically the child is right that they were a sleep but that doea not takeaway their responsibility in their part in the bed wetting occuring.
I think the child just thought milk. Bed wetting is due to lots of reasons, not just a full bladder. I would never, ever think a child responsible for accidents.
In my supposed senario, its a child old enough to know not to drink too much before bed or they will.wet through. My.six year old knows this very well. And you are right, there can be other reasons but wirh my kids, unless they are sick, its cos they drunk too much before bed

Im not using the example of a kid with abnormal problems of bed wetting in my senario.

BUT even on the occassion that its e.g sickness, I also dont believe we have involvement with all our sinful.dreams either at certain times.

Im not talking about a child taking blame, but accepting their involvement e.g my 6 year would understand 2 full big glasses of milk at bedtime would probably end with a wet bed.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Our thoughts, words, and actions during the waking hours can very much affect our dreams.
If we have a sinful dream we can quite possibly have some involvement with it occuring.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

My senario wasnt perfect by any means but it does show how our actions during the waking hours can impact what happens during sleep. And at times we do have involvement with what happens during sleep because of those actions/thoughts.