Christians: Would you be pro-gay if you weren't a christian?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Christians: Would you be pro-gay if you weren't a christian?

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I was pro-gay as an atheist. Atheists are pro-anything that is anti-Christian... y#-o

FL :D

PS...nice avatar pic, Maorigirl. Sooooooo relaxing!
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I was pro-gay as an atheist. Atheists are pro-anything that is anti-Christian... y#-o

FL :D

PS...nice avatar pic, Maorigirl. Sooooooo relaxing!
Thought you'd like it ;)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Bumped as requested by crochet
:sbump:
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by crochet1949 »

Nessa -- I didn't understand what you meant by 'bumped' -- I simply couldn't find this thread in order to respond to your question. Can my response still be printed?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

crochet1949 wrote:Nessa -- I didn't understand what you meant by 'bumped' -- I simply couldn't find this thread in order to respond to your question. Can my response still be printed?
Yes. Post to your heart's content. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:Nessa -- I didn't understand what you meant by 'bumped' -- I simply couldn't find this thread in order to respond to your question. Can my response still be printed?
Why is it alright for crochet1949 to do that, and not others on the board? ;) :poke:

:ssorry:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Why is it alright for crochet1949 to do that, and not others on the board? ;) :poke:

In the famous words of the one who just takes her ball and goes home:
Just so you know, you are chanting to the sycophants, i will not be responding to your posts. I dont have a front end loader for your manure.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:

In the famous words of the one who just takes her ball and goes home:
Just so you know, you are chanting to the sycophants, i will not be responding to your posts. I dont have a front end loader for your manure.
In the famous words of the one who likes to drive his sexy classic sports car home:
Is it possible that he was joking, and you misread him?
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

So -- I'm now going to re-state what I had before. Where ever it went. Would I be pro-gay if I weren't a Christian. I've been a Christian most of my life. And I've heard Lots of comments regarding the 'gay' life style. A person doesn't have to be Christian to be 'pro or whatever'. And , in reality, being attracted to the same sex is Not the problem. It's how a person responds To that attraction that results in positive or negative reactions from others.
I DO 'feel' for those who have desires for the same-sex. But in reality -- God's Word gives clear directives about being sexually expressive with other people. God created people as male and female and for one man and one woman to be united in marriage. God blesses couples with children / sperm, egg. That's been the 'formula' since the beginning of civilization. According to God's Word, there is to be no sexual expressiveness outside of marriage.
And, no doubt, there are Lots of same-sex couples who live great lives. They don't make it a political issue.
Someone had commented about the kids who grow up with two dads or two moms and how confusing that would be when their school friends, neighbors have the traditional mom and dad.
There's Lots of 'love' being talked about. I 'love' my dog / cat // my husband // my grandmother// ice cream. Each of those 'loves' are shown in different ways. And the only one that is shown in a sexual way is 'my husband / wife'.
Men have close friends with other men / fishing , bowling, tennis buddies. But there is No sex involved.
The same with women // we have close friendships but with no sex involved.
We all know when a 'line' is being approached that is not meant to be crossed. No man or woman all of a sudden finds themselves in bed with another person //unless its a date-rape drug being given // in a sexual way. So there are a lot of step by step choices being made.
So - no -- I'll never be a proponent of gay rights. I Am a proponent of God's guidelines.
Bluejay4
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Bluejay4 »

To an extent. If I wasn't religious then Iprobably wouldn't care.
“I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Part of the problem with same-sex marriage is that there is No pro-creation possible. Two men together / two women together Can't produce a child. God created egg and sperm combo for a reason. It's natural biology at work. How long would civilization last if same-sex became the norm.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

I probably would be gay if I wasn't Christian :esurprised:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

melanie wrote:I probably would be gay if I wasn't Christian :esurprised:
:shock:

Don`t tell anyone but so would I!

If we ever walk away from Christ, wanna walk off into the sunset with me? :dancing: :twodancing:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Hahaha

Disclaimer:
If Storyteller and I dissapear for awhile we are :twodancing: :twodancing: into the sunset
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

melanie wrote:I probably would be gay if I wasn't Christian :esurprised:
Being homosexual has NOTHING to do with one religious, or lackthereof, background.
The more studies that come out and are being done, the more evidence ( though not proof yet) we have that homosexuality is a genetic trait.
In short, people are born that way.
Acting on those impulses and desires, that is another story.