Martial Arts; the coolest thing ever right?

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Bluejay4
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Martial Arts; the coolest thing ever right?

Post by Bluejay4 »

I'm hoping to become a kickboxer/mixed martial artist when I'm older, in fact I've already started my training. Do any of you guys practice martial arts? Jesus vs Raphael in a MMA match who would win?(please don't ban me for this)
“I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
Bluejay4
Recognized Member

Re: Martial Arts; the coolest thing ever right?

Post by Bluejay4 »

And ladies and gentlemen the main event of the night is a catch weight fight between Lightweight Champion Jesus "the living water" Christ vs Welterweight title contender Raphael the "Commander" Archangel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Round 1: KO by Jesus the first ten seconds of the fight.

Jesus stats

Height -5'5
Weight -155 pounds
Age -Eternal, 2015 years old
Fighting style- Every martial art known to man , prefers classical Greco-Riman wrestling mixed in with some Jeet Kune Do
Notable victories- Satan, Jacob, death and sin
Notable losses- None

I will continue.

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Bluejay4 wrote:I'm hoping to become a kickboxer/mixed martial artist when I'm older, in fact I've already started my training. Do any of you guys practice martial arts? Jesus vs Raphael in a MMA match who would win?(please don't ban me for this)
I used too. I was a Tae Kwon Do kid as a kid growing up and I made it all the way to black belt.I was really good at it and was really into Martial Arts.I would watch just about any martial art movie too.However I did not do it to fight,I just really liked it for something I was good at.It was a sport to me I was good at.I did like to spar though but it was with pads but personally I would've never got into MMA fighting,but thats just me.I could've defended myself easily if I ever needed to though but only got into a few fights defending myself.I did'nt lose the few fights I got into defending myself.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Great thread :lol:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Bluejay4 wrote:And ladies and gentlemen the main event of the night is a catch weight fight between Lightweight Champion Jesus "the living water" Christ vs Welterweight title contender Raphael the "Commander" Archangel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Round 1: KO by Jesus the first ten seconds of the fight.

Jesus stats

Height -5'5
Weight -155 pounds
Age -Eternal, 2015 years old
Fighting style- Every martial art known to man , prefers classical Greco-Riman wrestling mixed in with some Jeet Kune Do
Notable victories- Satan, Jacob, death and sin
Notable losses- None

I will continue.
Devil went Down To Jordon. For you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI190-WqdeU
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

I did judo for a while in my early/mid twenties, loved it. Started Wing Chun about six years ago, for me it is the best martial art EVER! I am lucky enough to be trained by one of the top people in the world!
I would love to see martial arts, in particular Wing Chun, taught in schools. Our daughter, who is now 10, has been doing it since she was 4 and it`s incredible watching her fight. For me, Wing Chun is the ultimate self defence. Seeing the guys that are the top of their field in this is truly awesome.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Wing Chun was popular in the 1980's. But haven't heard from them lately.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

When I was in Tae Kwon Do at every testing we would pretty much always have a master Tae Kwon Do person there to put on a demonstration. When I tested for my black belt we had Jerry Trimble there and he was on the panel when I tested for my black belt and he passed me.He autographed the boards I had to break to pass.For my kick I broke my boards with a roundhouse kick and for my hand technique I used a punch.Most everybody else broke their boards with a side kick mostly and an elbow,but I chose to break my boards with tougher techniques.
He was a kickboxing champion.
Here is one of his kickboxing fights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlmITeU5thk
He later got into martial art movies,they were low budget though.

Bluejay4
Recognized Member

Post by Bluejay4 »

Mallz wrote:Great thread :lol:

It was bound to happen.

One thing I don't get about fighters is when they pray before fighting, why would God bless either of them when he already knows who won?

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Bluejay4 wrote:I'm hoping to become a kickboxer/mixed martial artist when I'm older, in fact I've already started my training. Do any of you guys practice martial arts? Jesus vs Raphael in a MMA match who would win?(please don't ban me for this)
I have a 3rd degree BB in Kyokushin Karate and Okinawan Goju Ryu.
2nd degree BB in TKD and Judo.
I competed in full contact: Muay Thai, boxing and vale tudo and stick fighting.
I have teaching certification in:
Wing Chun, Kali/Escrima, Hung Kuen and Shinkage Ryu Bujutsu.
I also have experience in:
Southern and Northern Praying Mantis, Chen taiji, Aikido, Tenjin Shinyo ryu jujutsu, Tenshin Shoden katori Shinto ryu, Yagyu Shinkage ryu, Dog Brother MA and so forth.

Been doing MA since 1978.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I don't like to brag, but I'm pretty well trained in the art of Kung Po.

And I have a secondary degree in Xiaolongbao.

yp(%)
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Southern and Northern Praying Mantis, Chen taiji, Aikido, Tenjin Shinyo ryu jujutsu, Tenshin Shoden katori Shinto ryu, Yagyu Shinkage ryu, Dog Brother MA and so forth.

For a second I thought this was the how to combat terrorism thread. Remind me to never get on your bad side Paul. :mrgreen:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

For a second I thought this was the how to combat terrorism thread. Remind me to never get on your bad side Paul. :mrgreen:
Too late...

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Too late...
:xxpuke: yp**==
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Byblos wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Was thinking the same thing. Or, Paul can go out in front. :mrgreen:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran