Hells Dominion by B.W. Melvin

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Hells Dominion by B.W. Melvin

Post by B. W. »

PaulSacramento wrote:God is not immortal, He is eternal and that is an important distinction.
Correctly speaking, an immortal being is one that can't die by natural causes BUT can be killed.
Although the bible never addresses it directly, it may be that Angels are immortal in that sense.
God of course can't be killed or destroyed because He is Eternal.
One can only only be fashioned immortal because they need first to be created.

Paul, you are correct - God is eternal and was not created - always was and always is and always will be! The I AM, I Am, I AM... God is timeless... etc and etc...

Therefore saying God is immortal is stating that he was created at some point in time...

Can others see this difference?

We can and do often use words unknowingly in a wrong manner and let's be sure we provide a clear definition to help avoid misunderstanding ....
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by neo-x »

I fail to see the distinction. This is not a hard and fast definition.
Correctly speaking, an immortal being is one that can't die by natural causes BUT can be killed.
May I have a reference for this? I could not find any source which defines it the way you defined it.

again
Who says? Immortality is not linked with birth or creation. It means a constant perpetual life/entity, deathless etc.

Either way it doesn't really change the point I was making. I'd rather have your comments on that. :)
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

neo-x wrote:I fail to see the distinction. This is not a hard and fast definition.
May I have a reference for this? I could not find any source which defines it the way you defined it.

again
Who says? Immortality is not linked with birth or creation. It means a constant perpetual life/entity, deathless etc.

Either way it doesn't really change the point I was making. I'd rather have your comments on that. :)
I understand that Neo, and also know what you meant but others can take it to mean something else and was only attempting to provide clarification so as to avoid misunderstanding.

Be Blessed Neo!
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

ok...:) no problem.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Starhunter
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Starhunter »

BW wrote Therefore saying God is immortal is stating that he was created at some point in time...

Can others see this difference?

We can and do often use words unknowingly in a wrong manner and let's be sure we provide a clear definition to help avoid misunderstanding ....-
That's right, going by language alone, to say that "God has immortality" or "God is immortal" may indicate that immortality is an accessory or an additive.
It could be nearer to say "God is immortal-i-ty," as in God is Love or God is Life.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

neo-x wrote:I fail to see the distinction. This is not a hard and fast definition.

again

Sure:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortality

Here in particular:
Trauma[edit]
Physical trauma would remain as a threat to perpetual physical life, even if the problems of aging and disease were overcome, as an otherwise immortal person would still be subject to unforeseen accidents or catastrophes. The speed and quality of paramedic response remains a determining factor in surviving severe trauma.[10] A body that could automatically repair itself from severe trauma, such as speculated uses for nanotechnology, would mitigate this factor. Being the seat of consciousness, the brain cannot be risked to trauma if a continuous physical life is to be maintained. Therefore, it cannot be replaced or repaired in the same way other organs can.

If there is no limitation on the degree of gradual mitigation of risk then it is possible that the cumulative probability of death over an infinite horizon is less than certainty, even when the risk of fatal trauma in any finite period is greater than zero. Mathematically, this is an aspect of achieving "Actuarial escape velocity".
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Bumped for nessa x
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Story T bumped this thread for me.

So as soon as we die, we are immediately alive again?
I have always pondered this (fear of death)

Always thought there would be different degrees of hell too.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Nessa wrote:Story T bumped this thread for me.

Yes, it is like an awakening in which you become more alive.

This is precisely how the inspired writers in the Old and New Testament describes this process. Note: 1 Thess 5:10, Php 1:23, Psalms 17:15. Psalms 16:10-11, Luke 23:43; John 14:3, John 17:24, Acts 7:59, 2 Co 5:8, etc

Like waking up to the full implications found in Eccl 3:11,14,17...

You are conscious and alive and thinking and reasoning and hearing and seeing and learning to comprehend what is going on very rapidly. Things are revealed to you in various ways that answers all the why's this and reason for that. Understanding is granted you, freely.

You soon gain insight into God's character and nature and if one is not saved they will soon comprehend how they abused, manipulated, schemed, scammed, God's great love and all the gifts God gave a person. They are made aware of how they would continue to treat God and others since they are made aware of the eternalness of life God put inside them and this means they would take advantage and exploit such knowledge they now have of God as they understand fully how and why God does not take away life into a non-existing state: that is against his nature to do.

However, those that know Him, actually come home and awake into what God originally designed a person to be. All tears wiped away, no more sadness, no more sickness, full understanding, wisdom, knowledge granted. They begin to grasp that faith learned on earth about God has taught them the importance of obeying him because sin and its consequences has been fully revealed in mortal life. No way would one want that in heaven. They enter a land that has the constancy of liquid love, which I remember so well. This love is unlike human oriented love it has a living compassion, cherishing, nurturing, building up, etc, depth, that is in absolutely no way fluffy or stuffy and impossible to describe in human terms.

Jesus is as Mark 16:12 describes him appearing like lack for a better interpretation like - Son of Man. I can't explain this better than he looks like The Son of Man. Jesus is Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Almighty God, Amen. Yet he is most affable and knows some good jokes and likes to be around people. He is the life of the party. That is how I recall him from the heaven aspect of the experience which came a few years later after the Hell experience my book recorded. I do not speak of heaven experience often as it is more personally related to me to calm me down after seeing the place I saw earlier but mention it you here now as some of you need to hear this.

Basically, in heaven, it is a place where we are reconciled back to God by means of the cross of Jesus and his Resurrection by faith in God's grace in doing this freely for us. In Heaven we return to God in a manner that fulfills the original design of Humanity which in simplified form means: Taking care of the precious things of God and that includes each other (there is a reason we are to learn to love and get along with our fellow Christian family in this mortal life). Enough said on that :ebiggrin:

So as a Christian, do not fear what others can do you. You do have a great hope and purpose. For now, we have tasks assigned us by God to fulfill as per-person wherever God has assigned you in this mortal life. For a Christian, death is awakening to a great home coming - no bad hair days - everyone in peak of health and appear 30 years old accept for the children.

There are many children there. The aborted, some died prematurely, or accident and when mother-dad arrives in heaven, they will great you. The only tears are tears of great joy at being reconciled back with those you lost however they were lost with no ill will or guilt and they grow before your eyes! Saying welcome! Mom - Dad - we have forever! That is the most explicated thing I share on the heaven experience but not much else - too personal and for a Christian you will discover when the time comes for yourself. So are there certain kinds of animals in heaven, well, Jesus comes back in the end of the book riding a white horse so go figure this out yourself. :razzing:

1 Co 2:9,10

Now for those that reject Jesus, heaven will not be your home because you rejected faith in God proven on earth that seals you proven to always be in the life to come because in the only land of perfect uprightness there is heaven... as it is written in Isaiah 26:10 NJKV, Let grace be shown to the wicked, Yet he will not learn righteousness; In the land of uprightness he will deal unjustly, And will not behold the majesty of the LORD.

Such cannot behold God's majesty in any way other than to exploit it for personal gain and be the master. Such will be rejected fair and square because it is what a person desired more than faith in God and his saving grace. If you cannot trust God here and now, you will never do so on the other side. The other side seals you as you are. Fair and square.

For those that know Jesus, they are sealed by the Holy Spirit and enter into what life is really all about. Why reject this and take a chance? Is your pride about being so right worth missing a land of liquid love and a welcome home awakening to what God designed you to really be?

Enter how - Luke 18:10-14, John 3:16, Rom 10:9,10, 13 its free as it has already been paid for in full but you must come and call upon Him before it is too late as none of really knows what moment will be our last moment on this earth.

Rest assured in this absolute truth: all human beings will die one day...

So how have you really treated family, friends, acquaintances, strangers, yourself, God - what is the truth about this? - how have you really.

How have you spread misery, lies, falsehoods, justifications, around what was the effect on Family, friends, acquaintances, strangers, yourself, God?

You think, you by your own merit are really worthy of heaven after the proven testimony of your life, thoughts, true motives are revealed? How would you treat others there? as well as God after spending life denying God during your mortal life?

You need to be released from dysfunction that you can't free yourself from. Only Jesus can do this - just call upon him for this purpose and do what these verses say: Luke 18:13-14, John 3:16, Rom 10:9,10,13 asap like now...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

B. W. wrote:
Nessa wrote:Story T bumped this thread for me.

Yes, it is like an awakening in which you become more alive.

This is precisely how the inspired writers in the Old and New Testament describes this process. Note: 1 Thess 5:10, Php 1:23, Psalms 17:15. Psalms 16:10-11, Luke 23:43; John 14:3, John 17:24, Acts 7:59, 2 Co 5:8, etc

Like waking up to the full implications found in Eccl 3:11,14,17...

You are conscious and alive and thinking and reasoning and hearing and seeing and learning to comprehend what is going on very rapidly. Things are revealed to you in various ways that answers all the why's this and reason for that. Understanding is granted you, freely.

You soon gain insight into God's character and nature and if one is not saved they will soon comprehend how they abused, manipulated, schemed, scammed, God's great love and all the gifts God gave a person. They are made aware of how they would continue to treat God and others since they are made aware of the eternalness of life God put inside them and this means they would take advantage and exploit such knowledge they now have of God as they understand fully how and why God does not take away life into a non-existing state: that is against his nature to do.

However, those that know Him, actually come home and awake into what God originally designed a person to be. All tears wiped away, no more sadness, no more sickness, full understanding, wisdom, knowledge granted. They begin to grasp that faith learned on earth about God has taught them the importance of obeying him because sin and its consequences has been fully revealed in mortal life. No way would one want that in heaven. They enter a land that has the constancy of liquid love, which I remember so well. This love is unlike human oriented love it has a living compassion, cherishing, nurturing, building up, etc, depth, that is in absolutely no way fluffy or stuffy and impossible to describe in human terms.

Jesus is as Mark 16:12 describes him appearing like lack for a better interpretation like - Son of Man. I can't explain this better than he looks like The Son of Man. Jesus is Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Almighty God, Amen. Yet he is most affable and knows some good jokes and likes to be around people. He is the life of the party. That is how I recall him from the heaven aspect of the experience which came a few years later after the Hell experience my book recorded. I do not speak of heaven experience often as it is more personally related to me to calm me down after seeing the place I saw earlier but mention it you here now as some of you need to hear this.

Basically, in heaven, it is a place where we are reconciled back to God by means of the cross of Jesus and his Resurrection by faith in God's grace in doing this freely for us. In Heaven we return to God in a manner that fulfills the original design of Humanity which in simplified form means: Taking care of the precious things of God and that includes each other (there is a reason we are to learn to love and get along with our fellow Christian family in this mortal life). Enough said on that :ebiggrin:

So as a Christian, do not fear what others can do you. You do have a great hope and purpose. For now, we have tasks assigned us by God to fulfill as per-person wherever God has assigned you in this mortal life. For a Christian, death is awakening to a great home coming - no bad hair days - everyone in peak of health and appear 30 years old accept for the children.

There are many children there. The aborted, some died prematurely, or accident and when mother-dad arrives in heaven, they will great you. The only tears are tears of great joy at being reconciled back with those you lost however they were lost with no ill will or guilt and they grow before your eyes! Saying welcome! Mom - Dad - we have forever! That is the most explicated thing I share on the heaven experience but not much else - too personal and for a Christian you will discover when the time comes for yourself. So are there certain kinds of animals in heaven, well, Jesus comes back in the end of the book riding a white horse so go figure this out yourself. :razzing:

1 Co 2:9,10

Now for those that reject Jesus, heaven will not be your home because you rejected faith in God proven on earth that seals you proven to always be in the life to come because in the only land of perfect uprightness there is heaven... as it is written in Isaiah 26:10 NJKV, Let grace be shown to the wicked, Yet he will not learn righteousness; In the land of uprightness he will deal unjustly, And will not behold the majesty of the LORD.

Such cannot behold God's majesty in any way other than to exploit it for personal gain and be the master. Such will be rejected fair and square because it is what a person desired more than faith in God and his saving grace. If you cannot trust God here and now, you will never do so on the other side. The other side seals you as you are. Fair and square.

For those that know Jesus, they are sealed by the Holy Spirit and enter into what life is really all about. Why reject this and take a chance? Is your pride about being so right worth missing a land of liquid love and a welcome home awakening to what God designed you to really be?

Enter how - Luke 18:10-14, John 3:16, Rom 10:9,10, 13 its free as it has already been paid for in full but you must come and call upon Him before it is too late as none of really knows what moment will be our last moment on this earth.

Rest assured in this absolute truth: all human beings will die one day...

So how have you really treated family, friends, acquaintances, strangers, yourself, God - what is the truth about this? - how have you really.

How have you spread misery, lies, falsehoods, justifications, around what was the effect on Family, friends, acquaintances, strangers, yourself, God?

You think, you by your own merit are really worthy of heaven after the proven testimony of your life, thoughts, true motives are revealed? How would you treat others there? as well as God after spending life denying God during your mortal life?

You need to be released from dysfunction that you can't free yourself from. Only Jesus can do this - just call upon him for this purpose and do what these verses say: Luke 18:13-14, John 3:16, Rom 10:9,10,13 asap like now...
-
-
-
That makes me feel a bit better about death. Still worries me.

Liquid love..do you feel it? Ive heard that term before. Any chance you bottled some up while you were there? It is Christmas you know, wouldnt mind a bottle...uh.. A keg? Or two... :mrgreen:

Seriously tho, can we get any of this liquid love before we die?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Nessa wrote:...That makes me feel a bit better about death. Still worries me.

Liquid love..do you feel it? Ive heard that term before. Any chance you bottled some up while you were there? It is Christmas you know, wouldnt mind a bottle...uh.. A keg? Or two... :mrgreen:

Seriously tho, can we get any of this liquid love before we die?
Yes such a subject worries a person but trust Jesus on this matter and rest knowing he has you in his hands, John 10:28,29

As for being able to have this liquid love from heaven right now in this life, I do not think one can experience this in full degree. However, ask, seek, knock (A.S.K) always to just be held by the Lord as a little child who sits on papa's lap at peace and rest. Continue to do this all the time. Eventually you will experience a drawing into the presense of God that no human words can explain.

I suggest the prayer closet method where you have a place to go that is without distractions. Have you seen the movie The War Room on spiritual warfare? The main character made a literal closet her place to pray. Such a room as this is a good place to A.S.K to be held by the Lord as a little child. He draws you and you cannot make it happen. Once drawn, he will draw you more in many different ways. In that, is the closest one can get to experience a drop of liquid love for now.

For some folks this takes a very long time and for others shorter. Why this is - is not known to me. Once he draws you - well it is easier next time as you have better understanding why the delays which have more to do with us than him. So begin A.S.K -- ing
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Looking forward to.reviewing this book myself ;)

FL is sending me a copy to read.

Does it have pictures? y:-?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:Looking forward to.reviewing this book myself ;)

Blonde face palm. The fail is so epic, that even a blonde gives you a face palm.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:

Blonde face palm. The fail is so epic, that even a blonde gives you a face palm.ž
I hope you know I was joking about the pictures... I'm sure the book is interesting enough not to have to need them.. :P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:

Blonde face palm. The fail is so epic, that even a blonde gives you a face palm.ž
I hope you know I was joking about the pictures... I'm sure the book is interesting enough not to have to need them.. :P
Indeed it is. In this brief but amazing review of the book, someone was really impressed with the imagery while reading.

Much better than a movie.

And FYI, I figured you were joking. That's why I posted a blonde face palm. Now go have some mulk and cookies.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony