Chat suggestion

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Chat suggestion

Post by Nessa »

I think it would be good if guests could chat. Even if there are two chat areas..member and guests. Members could go into the public chat area.

Use to chat at another place years ago, they had lots of chat rooms (were always full) and boards on the same site. It might help catch some of the people passing through. Be good to have more apologetic discussions in chat too.
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Chat suggestion

Post by HappyFlappyTheist »

Troll's may be an issue if they did such a thing.... I like the idea though.
pulvis sum
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:I think it would be good if guests could chat. Even if there are two chat areas..member and guests. Members could go into the public chat area.

Use to chat at another place years ago, they had lots of chat rooms (were always full) and boards on the same site. It might help catch some of the people passing through. Be good to have more apologetic discussions in chat too.
Talk about a moderator's hell! Umm...Nessa, have you been taking some of Annette's morphine?

HFT is right! Picture a chat room similar to YouTube comments. :esurprised:

But I do like the thought behind it, Nessa. Trying to catch some people passing through.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote: Talk about a moderator's hell! Umm...Nessa, have you been taking some of Annette's morphine?
No, but if you steal some for me and hide it in her closet with you - I'll come collecting later :ewink:
HFT is right! Picture a chat room similar to YouTube comments. :esurprised:
You know, freedom of speech isn't always a bad thing.

Sometimes I go to the the hairdressing college to get foils done - and the students are unfiltered, raw and real. Or sometimes I go to a 'proper' hairdressing salon and get the nicer talk. Nicer talk, can be well nice. It can also be fake as hell. Sometimes its nice to hear what someone really thinks without them being censored. It's also a chance to show someone that they can still be loved regardless of whats coming out of their mouth. But a chat room like that might not suit this forum.

Edit: Maybe I've just been thinking of Kenny and would have liked to hear what he really thought without him having to watch himself. As far as I'm aware the same rules apply to the forum as they do to the current mini chat? Also, could it not be possible for him to have been banned but still have access to chat?
tunde1992
Recognized Member

Post by tunde1992 »

This might actually be a nice idea, but then again i have an addon that blocks all youtube comments. After a while, that kind of thing can get nauseating.
Free speech is great, i just wish they used it to do more than hurl insults.so maybe try this out for a while, maybe people be more reasonable in a smaller community and be much more polite. the rules should still of course apply.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
-matthew 6:33
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

tunde1992 wrote:This might actually be a nice idea, but then again i have an addon that blocks all youtube comments. After a while, that kind of thing can get nauseating.
Free speech is great, i just wish they used it to do more than hurl insults.so maybe try this out for a while, maybe people be more reasonable in a smaller community and be much more polite. the rules should still of course apply.
Rules have a place thats for sure but even Jesus broke one or two for the greater good and so did king david. And God did not look down on that.

Rules, at times, can get in the way.
tunde1992
Recognized Member

Post by tunde1992 »

Nessa wrote:
tunde1992 wrote:This might actually be a nice idea, but then again i have an addon that blocks all youtube comments. After a while, that kind of thing can get nauseating.
Rules have a place thats for sure but even Jesus broke one or two for the greater good and so did king david. And God did not look down on that.

i meant general rules, like being polite, courteous, and articulating your position without being condescending, foul mouthed or insulting.

if someone can't argue for their view without using profanities and such, then either their view was worthless to begin with anyways, or they should let someone else defend it.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
-matthew 6:33
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

tunde1992 wrote:
Nessa wrote:

i meant general rules, like being polite, courteous, and articulating your position without being condescending, foul mouthed or insulting.

if someone can't argue for their view without using profanities and such, then either their view was worthless to begin with anyways, or they should let someone else defend it.
I knew what you meant :esmile:

I'm just talking bout it on different levels not just one.
Last edited by Nessa on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Maybe someone has a lot of hurts and has pretty nasty things to say about God or Christianity - none of it polite - I don't think it should be problem if they bring it up in a chat room. But again, it may not work here.
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by HappyFlappyTheist »

RickD doesn't work hard enough anyway; he needs more comments to narrate.
pulvis sum
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:

Oh, so we're Jesus now Nessa?

y:-?

I"ll look into it and trialing when I have time.
Just as long as the other mods don't crucify me.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Oh, so we're Jesus now Nessa?

y:-?

I"ll look into it and trialing when I have time.
Just as long as the other mods don't crucify me.
Just his hands and.feet ;)
And I'll protect you :P
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

me too.

btw, has kenny been banned? for good?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:me too.

btw, has kenny been banned? for good?
Nope. As far as I know, it was only for a week.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I made him an admin so Rick would appreciate me more. Maybe he doesn't know?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)