Dear God

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Dear God

Post by Storyteller »

(Not sure where to post this so I will post it here)

Dear God,
I know there is a reason behind everything you do, a plan. I have always known it but why is it so hard sometimes?
Why has it taken me so long to find you? I have hurt so many people, done so many things wrong. Why was I depressed for so long? Why have my parents rejected me? Is it so that I am a better mum to my daughter yhan I otherwise would have been?
My heart breaks for humanity, and often. How can I so love this world yet at the same time despise it?
There is so, so much wrong with this fragile, beautiful, broken world. I want to heal it. Is that what its like for you? This yearning to reach out to everybody? How do you bear it? How do you hold on to hope despite all the pain?

I love you, I love life, and I see such beauty that touches me so deep in my soul I cant find words to express it. Is that what worship is?

How your heart must bleed for us, forgive us we know not what we do indeed. Why are we so blind, so selfish, so stubborn?

I trust you.

What are your plans for me? Is it foolish, or egotistical to want to change the world? To want to make a real difference, aspire to be influential?

I cant shake the feeling theres something I can do, have to do. But I am just me, how can I change anything other than myself (with your grace and help) or is that the point?

I never thought I would subscribe to any particular religion yet here I am doing exactly that. Please God, stay with me, guide me still, I a listening, really, really listening now.

And why, oh why, do I struggle with what to call you?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Dear God

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:(Not sure where to post this so I will post it here)

Dear God,
I know there is a reason behind everything you do, a plan. I have always known it but why is it so hard sometimes?
Why has it taken me so long to find you? I have hurt so many people, done so many things wrong. Why was I depressed for so long? Why have my parents rejected me? Is it so that I am a better mum to my daughter yhan I otherwise would have been?
My heart breaks for humanity, and often. How can I so love this world yet at the same time despise it?
There is so, so much wrong with this fragile, beautiful, broken world. I want to heal it. Is that what its like for you? This yearning to reach out to everybody? How do you bear it? How do you hold on to hope despite all the pain?

I love you, I love life, and I see such beauty that touches me so deep in my soul I cant find words to express it. Is that what worship is?

How your heart must bleed for us, forgive us we know not what we do indeed. Why are we so blind, so selfish, so stubborn?

I trust you.

What are your plans for me? Is it foolish, or egotistical to want to change the world? To want to make a real difference, aspire to be influential?

I cant shake the feeling theres something I can do, have to do. But I am just me, how can I change anything other than myself (with your grace and help) or is that the point?

I never thought I would subscribe to any particular religion yet here I am doing exactly that. Please God, stay with me, guide me still, I a listening, really, really listening now.

You have a beautiful heart, you know that? y:x

I believe what God might say is....its not what you call me, its that you call me
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Dear Storyteller,

I'm sorry. I have selective hearing. Could you repeat that please?

God
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:Dear Storyteller,

God
:lol:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Aw thanks nessa xxxx
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

God
God doesnt call me storyteller but just for you see below
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Dear rick,
Storyteller wrote:(Not sure where to post this so I will post it here)

Dear God,

I trust you.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:

God
God doesnt call me storyteller but just for you see below
Ok Mrs. Smartypants, what DOES He call you then? y[-(
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Annette, my child.

So there! (not the so there bit obvs)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:Annette, my child.

So there! (not the so there bit obvs)
Does He speak to you in an audible voice? Or, is that the voices in your head?

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Well, Gods voice would be in my head too wouldnt it?

Seriously though, yeah, I have heard an audible voice. Its either God or im insane. Guess which im going for?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:Well, Gods voice would be in my head too wouldnt it?

Seriously though, yeah, I have heard an audible voice. Its either God or im insane. Guess which im going for?
Not sure. But I know what I'm going for! :cuckoo:

:mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

y[-X :pillows:
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

Storyteller wrote:Seriously though, yeah, I have heard an audible voice. Its either God or im insane. Guess which im going for?
These alternatives aren't mutually exclusive. God is able to speak to insane people. Have you ever heard of William Cowper? He suffered from mental illness and once attempted suicide, yet he wrote several excellent hymns, including "There is a Fountain Filled With Blood".
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.