Women...

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Women...

Post by B. W. »

My wife said the other day, "I need to buy Alba shampoo..."

So we went to the store. Amazing thing, in a roundabout way we traversed the store. She looked at every piece of clothing on the racks, went over this and that aisle, noting the prices tags and reading each.

Finally, about two hours later we come to the place in the store that sells shampoo. Then going over each brand, her reading labels and each price tag, we finally come to the Alba Shampoo. Then it took a long while for her to decide between aromas between Alba shampoos…

Needless to say, three hours later left the store…

After 27 years of marriage, I still don't understand why it takes so long for her just to get one bottle of shampoo?

So ladies, help me understand what takes so Longgggggg....

y@};-
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Women...

Post by Storyteller »

y:O2 Well........

You have to consider price, scent, appearance, size, whether its for dry hair, normal hair, greasy hair, damaged hair. Then there is the fact you have to compare value.

You cant just grab the nearest bottle.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

B. W. wrote:My wife said the other day, "I need to buy Alba shampoo..."

So we went to the store. Amazing thing, in a roundabout way we traversed the store. She looked at every piece of clothing on the racks, went over this and that aisle, noting the prices tags and reading each.

Finally, about two hours later we come to the place in the store that sells shampoo. Then going over each brand, her reading labels and each price tag, we finally come to the Alba Shampoo. Then it took a long while for her to decide between aromas between Alba shampoos…

Needless to say, three hours later left the store…

After 27 years of marriage, I still don't understand why it takes so long for her just to get one bottle of shampoo?

y@};-
-
-
-
y#-o
Silly man! 27 years, and you'll never understand! It wasn't about the shampoo. She wanted to spend quality time with you!

The shampoo was just an excuse!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

I cannot help you with this. I do not understand either.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

-
Thats cos after she said she wanted to buy shampoo you blimmin stopped listening to all the other stuff she wanted.

Sorry, all your fault :mrgreen:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Nessa wrote:

-
Thats cos after she said she wanted to buy shampoo you blimmin stopped listening to all the other stuff she wanted.

My fault?

I know the shampoo she likes and would have take me about 10 minutes to get it for her which is a better allocation of time, rather than take three hours to get the same result!

Next,

When women talk, they give to much info for the poor male mind to logically follow and comprehend, so we go along in a store, standing near our gals, shifting weight from one foot to the other, starring into space, saying, "yes dear - looks great, get it.."

Then we are bombarded with more info and details we can't grasp...but we pretend we do as we are not as stupid as we look...

There needs to be a Guy section in every store, big screen TV, snack bar located nearby, and use of cell phones to communicate with our gals: "yes dear - looks great, get it.."

Life would be easier... :thanks: :jumping:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

B. W. wrote:
Nessa wrote:

-

My fault?

I know the shampoo she likes and would have take me about 10 minutes to get it for her which is a better allocation of time, rather than take three hours to get the same result!

Next,

When women talk, they give to much info for the poor male mind to logically follow and comprehend, so we go along in a store, standing near our gals, shifting weight from one foot to the other, starring into space, saying, "yes dear - looks great, get it.."

Then we are bombarded with more info and details we can't grasp...but we pretend we do as we are not as stupid as we look...

There needs to be a Guy section in every store, big screen TV, snack bar located nearby, and use of cell phones to communicate with our gals: "yes dear - looks great, get it.."

-
-
-
Snack bar and big tv.....so what you really want to do is just stay at home, get her to call you and for her to send you pictures off the shampoo over the phone for comparison which you will ignore? :P
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

EASY solution: DON'T GO SHOPPING WITH YOUR WIFE!!! I NEVER do that unless it's for ONLY a few items on the way home from somewhere (milk, eggs, etc.). Sometimes, I like to research tools, mechanical or instrument-related items while out shopping - which undoubtedly requires a good bit of time. But I never subject my wife to such excursions. More typically, I shop like commandos on a mission: quick surgical strikes to the target, get in/get out/get home. :lol:
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Philip wrote:EASY solution: DON'T GO SHOPPING WITH YOUR WIFE!!! I NEVER do that unless it's for ONLY a few items on the way home from somewhere (milk, eggs, etc.). Sometimes, I like to research tools, mechanical or instrument-related items while out shopping - which undoubtedly requires a good bit of time. But I never subject my wife to such excursions. More typically, I shop like commandos on a mission: quick surgical strikes to the target, get in/get out/get home. :lol:
Yes, that sounds like us - I always get a lot of complaints when I do too much browsing and comparison on a shopping trip. Much better by myself.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

B. W. wrote:After 27 years of marriage, I still don't understand why it takes so long for her just to get one bottle of shampoo?

Sounds like she felt like shopping. I do the same thing at the hardware store...
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

B. W. wrote:
Nessa wrote:

-

My fault?

Next,

-
-
-
Take a camera or use your phone to video the experience next time.
Voice out loud so everyone can hear. "YES HONEY, THAT LOOKS GREAT! OH, OH! WHAT ABOUT THIS LACY LINGERIE?"
She'll get so embarrassed, but she won't be able to get angry at you in public because well then... that'd be extra embarrassing.
You'll also have a bit of fun watching her squirm, make awkward smiles, and constantly say "shh".
She'll want to leave so quickly.

Just be prepared that you'll probably get in trouble after.
But, hey, us guys always need to be prepared for that. We can never do anything right so what's the difference?.

If you do do this, then you can share it with all on YouTube and here, and maybe it'll go viral! ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
B. W. wrote:
Nessa wrote:

-

My fault?

Next,

-
-
-
Take a camera or use your phone to video the experience next time.
Voice out loud so everyone can hear. "YES HONEY, THAT LOOKS GREAT! OH, OH! WHAT ABOUT THIS LACY LINGERIE?"
She'll get so embarrassed, but she won't be able to get angry at you in public because well then... that'd be extra embarrassing.
You'll also have a bit of fun watching her squirm, make awkward smiles, and constantly say "shh".

But, hey, us guys always need to be prepared for that. We can never do anything right so what's the difference?.

If you do do this, then you can share it with all on YouTube and here, and maybe it'll go viral! ;)
Your plan sounds rather well thought out ;)

Are you speaking from experience? :mrgreen:
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:
K wrote:Take a camera or use your phone to video the experience next time.

Actually, I'd have to encourage my wife to go shopping.
I guess I'm a lucky guy there, although I'm forced to take responsibility for buying my own clothes etc. :(
(wasn't one of the perks of marriage meant to be no more shopping for your own clothes even?)

I've seen a video done by another Dad. At times his family seemed to enjoy it.
But could see at time it annoyed his wife videoing all the time around the house, at the shops, etc.
You'd see the, "oh I better smile" look from time to time. :)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
K wrote:Take a camera or use your phone to video the experience next time.

Actually, I'd have to encourage my wife to go shopping.
I guess I'm a lucky guy there, although I'm forced to take responsibility for buying my own clothes etc. :(
(wasn't one of the perks of marriage meant to be no more shopping for your own clothes even?)

I've seen a video done by another Dad. At times his family seemed to enjoy it.
But could see at time it annoyed his wife videoing all the time around the house, at the shops, etc.
You'd see the, "oh I better smile" look from time to time. :)
You'd let your wife buy you clothes?

Lets just say that would be a big no no for me :shakehead: