The Thread Where Off-Topic is On Purpose and A-Okay!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

The Thread Where Off-Topic is On Purpose and A-Okay!

Post by kateliz »

Well, here you go Joy Buzzer! This is a thread where kateliz can blab all she wants about whatever, (inspired by bizzt, not my ego-centric self!) and since I didn't put my name in the thread title, it's not officially a "kateliz thread" and so can be continued in without guilt, (like you guys feel any anyhow! :wink: ) when I'm not around to do it myself!

Kick off your shoes and feel free to "blab" and joke and get off-topic as much as you'd like! Why, it's a free-for-all! And everyone gets a complimentary Cupie doll from Felgar! Hurray! :lol: (With a little funding maybe we could hire a clown... oh wait, we already have plenty of those! AND I AIN'T PAYIN' YA! :twisted: Ahhh, ha ha ha ha!)
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Clipping Nails, Self-centeredness, Teleporting, Memory

Post by kateliz »

When I clip my nails I store the clippings in my mouth for later disposal.

When I think it's usually about myself.

I like to talk about myself to others.

I'm way too self-centered.

Did you know they teleported a photon and more recently an atom??? And no, I don't care to find a link to prove this. I saw the machine on TV after they teleported the photon, and then I read, I believe in Popular Science, about the teleported atom. They say, (or said, and I'm not sure how long ago,) that it would take all of the memory of all of the computers in the world to teleport a full human body. However, they came out with an aluminum strip so thin that, used in a DVD, it could contain all of the US's Library of Congress, (which I'm not even sure what it is- I just see a number from them in every book. Eigher way it sure sounds impressive!)

Then I've also read articles on translucent cubes of memory where the laser reads info from different levels based on colour. Kind of like having ten DVDs stacked on top of one another, but translucent all the way through.

Technology is thrilling, yet the possibilities are scary.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I love lamp....
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Blob
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Blob »

Did you know they teleported a photon and more recently an atom???
Yes that's true - although the scientists and media can be accused of stretching the word "teleport" beyond its original or general meaning. It's more accurate to consider one photon puffing out of existance and simulatneously an identicle, second photon puffing into existance elsewhere - rather than a single photon actually moving from one place to another.

Another thing to note is that according to quantum theories all photons and fundamental particles "jump" small distances all the time anyway. Things do not glide smoothly like on our scale of things.
While in external speech thought is embodied in words, in inner speech words die as they bring forth thought.
- Vygotsky
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Now what makes me think this is really Kate's BLOG ? :D
(Answer: Probably the nail clippings)
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Ha ha... :lol: Well at least you called the Thread Correctly I will give you that much :wink:
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Blob wrote:
Did you know they teleported a photon and more recently an atom???
Yes that's true - although the scientists and media can be accused of stretching the word "teleport" beyond its original or general meaning. It's more accurate to consider one photon puffing out of existance and simulatneously an identicle, second photon puffing into existance elsewhere - rather than a single photon actually moving from one place to another.

Another thing to note is that according to quantum theories all photons and fundamental particles "jump" small distances all the time anyway. Things do not glide smoothly like on our scale of things.
Well that's not quite right either. Nothing really poofs into and out of existance. They are just intrinsicly linked through a weird phenomonon called entanglement. The particles act like evil twins for the entire time they exist. Their spins are always opposite. No matter how far apart they are.

So lets say we have photon A and photon B which have become entangled. We put A in Annandale and B in Boston. Then we take photon C and entangle it with A.

Well what happens?
A becomes the complement of C.
And since B was already A's evil twin B switches polrization to match A's new spin! So B becomes C!

What happens to the original information in B? Don't know, thus the poofing that blob was reffering to. The original information is gone.

But enough for the science lessons, I'm hungry. Speaking of photons, anyone ever had Pho before? That's Vietnamese noodles for those who don't know.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Blob
Established Member

Post by Blob »

Yes, you are perfectly correct to refine what I said.
While in external speech thought is embodied in words, in inner speech words die as they bring forth thought.
- Vygotsky
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Blob wrote:Yes, you are perfectly correct to refine what I said.
Sorry I know you were trying to keep from being too technical.
=P
Sometimes I get too nitpicky.

What is a nit anyways? And where do you pick them...
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I love carpet...
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:I love carpet...
So, so far you love lamp and carpet. Do you love the Princess and Iago as well?

I love Disney's Arabian Nights.
=)
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

I like whacking chickens heads off, eat their heads whole, and use the body for a weapon of mass destruction! :lol:
Blob
Established Member

Post by Blob »

The Principality of Sealand

"Sealand was founded as a sovereign Principality in 1967 in international waters, six miles off the eastern shores of Britain. The official language of Sealand is English and the Sealand Dollar has a fixed exchange rate of one U.S. dollar. Passports and stamps have been in circulation since 1969."
Source

"Sealand is occupied by the family and associates of Paddy Roy Bates. The population of the facility rarely exceeds five, and its inhabitable area is 550 m²."
Source
- Vygotsky
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Thinker wrote:I like whacking chickens heads off, eat their heads whole, and use the body for a weapon of mass destruction! :lol:
If only we were allowed to delete for going off topic LOL :wink: :lol:
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Blob wrote:The Principality of Sealand

"Sealand was founded as a sovereign Principality in 1967 in international waters, six miles off the eastern shores of Britain. The official language of Sealand is English and the Sealand Dollar has a fixed exchange rate of one U.S. dollar. Passports and stamps have been in circulation since 1969."
Source

"Sealand is occupied by the family and associates of Paddy Roy Bates. The population of the facility rarely exceeds five, and its inhabitable area is 550 m²."
Source
Some questions about sealand.

Are there any killer whales in sealand?
If average sealevel continues to rise would you still be able to seeland?
Is there a D-land further on down the way?
And finally most importantly how much for a corndog in sealand?
Last edited by BGoodForGoodSake on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.