Job search

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Nicki
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Job search

Post by Nicki »

I'm having a frustrating time looking for a new job. I'm self-employed part-time so that's something but looking for a full-time job. I had an interview/induction thing this morning where a nice lady showed round the place and told me about the different jobs (makes a change from being sat down and grilled as I have been for another kind of job I've been applying for) but it was a bit of a drive away and turned out to be too early a start in the morning for me - I'll have to get the kids to out-of-school care and I'd have been starting work before the care centre opened some days. Sigh... I've been praying for a job suited to me, not a huge drive away, reasonable hours... it's slow going. :esad: At least my hubby's getting a change in his job next week and going to be earning more, but he was pretty keen before on my getting a 'proper' job and I was starting to like the idea of doing something different. There's one thing that I just find really challenging about what I'm doing now.

Ok, that's off my chest now. :esmile:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Re: Job search

Post by Nessa »

What made what you were doing not a proper job?
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Nessa wrote:What made what you were doing not a proper job?
Well, I guess that I'm self-employed and although I've had work all week for most of the time I've done it, it was only like a part-time income (and not a good part-time income); also the nature of it, looking after children at home. I felt a bit sad after today's experience because I've applied for so many jobs and only had a few interviews, and this one was the first for this other line of work I want to get back into. It was actually at a floral warehouse making bouquets and things - beautiful flowers :) So it was like, so close and yet so far. Also, lack of sleep's probably making me emotional - got up early for the interview and felt like I'd been awake half the night - the dog woke me up and then I kept thinking about the interview, as you do on the nights before important things when you'd quite like to have a good night's sleep!
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

hows it going now, nicki? y@};-
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Nessa wrote:hows it going now, nicki? y@};-
I just read a rejection email for another job which was in a closer location (sigh). At least we're still doing ok financially.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

May God lead you to a job that is located close to you and that will bring you joy when doing the job.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

1over137 wrote:May God lead you to a job that is located close to you and that will bring you joy when doing the job.
Thank you :D :amen: