What do you do?

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

What do you do?

Post by Nessa »

I'm interested to know what people do when they aren't posting on here :P

I'm a stay at home mum with a part time job at Farmers. This is one of NZ's most oldest and well known department stores..
for the aussies.. it's like Millers I think..at least that's what the aussies who shop there say. They don't have a Farmers... they are
kinda lucky like that ;)

I'm trying to find something else though.

What about the rest of you?
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Re: What do you do?

Post by Nessa »

No one wants to share?
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

I have a second hand bookshop.

My passions in life have always been books and horses. I worked with horses through my teens, 20`s and 30`s, absolutely loved it. Had some pretty cool jobs through horses, racing yards, show jumping yards, studs, all sorts.

Had the bookshop for a few years now, it`s my own little slice of heaven. I have around 6,000 books now and I know each and every one.
It`s perfect for me. I am obsessed with books, I read all the time, and I do mean all the time. I often have 3 or 4 books on the go at a time. Right now I`m reading The Imitation of Christ, Out of the Rut, Into Revival by Tozer, The Kite Runner (again) and a sci fi novel about dragons (another thread is needed for the dragon riders of Pern)
I sell online with Amazon (though still waiting for them to verify me - long story - can`t sell till they do) and I absolutely love it!

Spare time is spent with my family and dog, walking, generally kidding around and we recently got a treadmill so i plan on using that a fair bit too.

I think I may have strayed off the topic so I`ll shush now :D
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

wow..you amazing book multitasker you :-) Sounds like you have lived an interesting life there...lots of horse related adventures!

we have a second hand bookstore literally two doors down..and a dairy two doors the other way and the school crossing right outside our door. oh and a bus stop there too.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

not that new zealand is that tiny :-P
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

I go to work, take care of household and flowers in garden, meet my family and that fills almost all of my time.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Nessa wrote:I'm interested to know what people do when they aren't posting on here :P

I'm a stay at home mum with a part time job at Farmers. This is one of NZ's most oldest and well known department stores..
for the aussies.. it's like Millers I think..at least that's what the aussies who shop there say. They don't have a Farmers... they are
kinda lucky like that ;)

I'm trying to find something else though.

What about the rest of you?
Millers (here in WA anyway) is just a clothing store - a very 'older women's' type of one it seems to me! Farmers is quite special really in that it's a proper department store but the prices are reasonable and it's in lots of locations - here there's Kmart and a couple of similar chains on one hand and on the other two expensive department stores which are only in a few locations in each state.

I'm a family day care educator so I look after little people at my home - although it's not just looking after them but documentation and planning which drive me crazy. :roll: I enjoy the kids generally but due to my car size I can only look after two at a time along with my own two school-boys, and I've been looking for a different job where I'd know what I have to do and not be having to come up with ideas all the time! I'm not exactly a creative type.

Apart from that I like to get some exercise every day, which involves taking the dog for a walk if I can or else riding my exercise bike. I enjoy gardening when I get around to it, reading, a few TV shows and fiddling around on the computer; sometimes we do some geocaching or take the dog to a small dogs club, where we try to get her to do some agility :ebiggrin:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

oooh..maybe i have the name mixed up...we have a millers too...the old lady clothing store
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

wow you must have the patience of a saint in that job y0:)

can understand bout the paperwork.. creative side..that would put me off too....i had my youngest in playcentre and homebased but wasnt that happy bout the latter in the end. It started off ok but down the road i felt me and the carer butted heads a bit..like an undercurrent....subtle but it was there. During holidays she would take my older son too and she just had no tolerance for him. She didnt try to find things
he would like doing...just the little kids stuff..yet i paid for both.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

What did I do when not posting here? Well, I did a bit more writing.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:What did I do when not posting here? Well, I did a bit more writing.
what do you write?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Well, a few days a month the past few months, writing content for some businesses has been some of my job.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Do you work from home?
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Nick.. did you do homebased care in NZ?
Last edited by Nessa on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Nicki,

and would you say you're just like one of those "real housewives of melbourne"?... :shock: