Feeling the Love of God

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Feeling the Love of God

Post by Nessa »

neo-x wrote: If he loves us why not save us? I would do absolutely anything to save my child from a rape, so would you. Our heavenly father might not.
What bout Abraham... he didn't love his son?
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by neo-x »

Exactly, but that is like saying God can't intervene but we can. Like, God doesn't have free will but we do?

You see, that is a closer to real expectation now as you described in your last post. But how do you define God's love then, how can you tell to someone who was raped, God loves you, always loved you when she questions you why God didn't do anything? You say he was with you but couldn't intervene. Well what good is that love then? Unless ofcourse that love just doesn't mean the way we love or feel like we do.
Last edited by neo-x on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Nessa wrote:
neo-x wrote: If he loves us why not save us? I would do absolutely anything to save my child from a rape, so would you. Our heavenly father might not.
What bout Abraham... he didn't love his son?
Yeah but that's because Abraham believed that God could produce a son for him from the stones and ashes. In my mind Abraham knew God has promised him a son and even if he sacrificed Isaac, God would give him back Isaac.

How about Jephthah?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

God uses his free will to limit it by giving us free will.

Gods love has to also be seen in the light of eternity.. not just in the here and now. Understanding the big picture not just a snippet of job losing everything at once.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Sure, and that is exactly what I was saying. Seeing the big picture.

without.

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

I felt God's love when I became Christian. You feel kind of love flood first time. Also I never slept so sweetly that time.
Nowadays, I know God loves me. We should not need to feel it all the time. I know he is here and cares.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

im not saying we should feel it all the time..some people never feel it at all or hardly ever feel it.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

neo-x wrote: how can you tell to someone who was raped, God loves you, always loved you when she questions you why God didn't do anything? You say he was with you but couldn't intervene. Well what good is that love then?
Because that love heals.

Sure, you ask why? But where do you draw the line? If God intervenes for one then when does He stop?

Save me but don`t save the next?

Many, many women have got through, and survived rape, precisely because of Gods love.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Nessa wrote:im not saying we should feel it all the time..some people never feel it at all or hardly ever feel it.
Still searching for the answer. I do not know.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

I have been sitting in the garden...

When I pause and rest in such a beauty, God comes from time to time and I can feel him. I feel deep thankfulness, deep humility, beauty. I feel loved and wish this for all.

When I pause and think about life and pray while going by train on my daily commute to work, sometimes I have goose bumps. I have them when really going deep down with my thoughts. And it does not have to be the train. It comes in all kinds of places. It can be a beautiful park, it can be dentist's waiting room.

Sometimes I feel like driven by Holy Spirit when writing down my poems. I never finish one (except for those funny poems) unless I feel that special feeling. Without it I cannot write. It just comes and I only write things down.

There are times I do not feel Him. It can be months, it can be more. But I do not panic. I know He cares. I know He loves.

This is me and I really am infinitely thankful to My Father and My Lord for this.

I do believe that everybody from time to time can feel God. But do we give it a chance? Do we pause and look around and spot the (sometimes hidden) beauty? Do we sometimes escape our lives and concentrate on Our Father? Are we humbly waiting for this or are we chasing it?

Are the above just chemistry in my head? If it is, where is it from? What is the origin of it if not The Highest Beauty of all?

Please, tell me if I am saying something unscriptural. I certainly do not want to spread false teaching.

With love,
Hana

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Beautiful post Hana.

Thank you!

One of the reasons I am so glad I live by the sea is that that`s one of the places I feel really close to God.
It`s beautiful, calming and puts everything into perspective for me.

I find God by the sea when it`s stormy in particular, it quite often makes me just stand and feel it all. I wish I could find the words that describe that feeling.

As for writing, you have inspired me Hana, I am scribbling regularly now and have quite a few written down. I may even post a few when I`m feeling brave.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

You are making me wanting to visit you more and more. ;)
No need to describe it. I could be standing next to you saying nothing and feeling it all.

I believe when the time comes, you will share your writings.
Pushing is never good.

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

1over137 wrote:You are making me wanting to visit you more and more. ;)
Good, hurry up!
1over137 wrote:No need to describe it. I could be standing next to you saying nothing and feeling it all.
I think that`s what connects us all, that feeling, that knowing.
1over137 wrote:I believe when the time comes, you will share your writings.
Pushing is never good.
Indeed I will, I am happy to wait for the time to be right. I`m just glad to be writing again and I really appreciate all the feedback too :)
xx
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

what bout voice chat... next best thing to seeing someone in person...and i want to hear all the strange and wonderful accents :P
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

what bout voice chat... next best thing to seeing someone in person...and i want to hear all the strange and wonderful accents
That's actually a fun idea. Always wondered what people sound and look like. Maybe do some conference skype thing :ebiggrin: